Best of luck for the Cast, Crew, David and Dan!

Dear Cast and Crew of GoT:

You guys rule! Thank you all for working your asses off to make my dream come true. Now that filming is about to start and everyone has congregated in Ireland, it seemed like a great time to send my happiest and most productive, luck-filled* thoughts your direction.

GRRM's books have been hugely important for me, personally, but they also represent the very best of the fantasy genre, which we all want to inflict upon the unsuspecting world. I'm tremendously psyched that ASOIAF might make it to the small-screen and I think HBO is the perfect place for it. I know that you all will be amazingly awesome and fabulous and I can't wait to see Westeros come to life.

And thanks a million to David and Dan for involving us in the process.

Have fun in Ireland, enjoy the costumes, say hi to the Titanic shipyards, and relish beating each other up with some swords! Have fun galloping around on horseback, getting your hair done, filming sex scenes, having your heads chopped off, nursing FX dragons, tramping around in fake snow, getting a tan in the desert, seeing far too many castles, figuring out the heraldry, playing with wolf puppies, and all the other kick ass things that will be part of filming the pilot.

And watch out for the Others! And Lannisters!

Love,

Your Fan Before the Pilot's Even Started

*I don't even know if it's bad to use the 'L' word for TV, so insert 'break-a-leg' if necessary. I'm not trying to curse anything.

Not to be picky, but Belfast is in Northern Ireland, not Ireland. I may be American, but my Irish blood couldn't let that go

:lol: I had a feeling somebody would respond on this.

Belfast is in the island of Ireland.

There are 2 different political entities in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. Now admittedly, the latter is often shortened to just Ireland, but that still doesn't make Luga's statement incorrect.

Winter is coming...literally its almost November and brrr I can't wait for the chill.

Break a leg o/ and have fun shooting the series as we will all relish in its completed radiance one day soon.

o/ Martin o/ D&D o/ the cast and finally o/ HBO for giving GoT a shot!

Archived