Dragon Age: Origins thread II

Rhom

I thought the female city elf starting was the best. You should try that out.

Yeah, I just started my first play through, and went that route. Holy shit, if the rest of the game was nothing but

SPOILER: elf female city
murdering the human nobility, I'd be down with that. Also, telling the King that I'd killed one of his arls was priceless

Actually. I mean, I haven't even finished Ostagar yet, so I can't really say, but at this point I'd much rather be playing a game about being an elf and breaking the back of human oppression than one about this, well, whatever this blight stuff turns out to be.

Yeah, I just started my first play through, and went that route. Holy shit, if the rest of the game was nothing but
SPOILER: elf female city
murdering the human nobility, I'd be down with that. Also, telling the King that I'd killed one of his arls was priceless

Actually. I mean, I haven't even finished Ostagar yet, so I can't really say, but at this point I'd much rather be playing a game about being an elf and breaking the back of human oppression than one about this, well, whatever this blight stuff turns out to be.

Unfortunately besides the occasional line you can throw in theres nothing really of that after the "origin". Nobody cares that you are/were a city elf including the Dalish and the City Elves. It kind of bothers me that Bioware was lazy enough to break their own lore when they let you put facial tattoos on City Elves (or Dwarven Nobles for that matter). Just so lazy.

That being said, I still did it, because Rusty killed Conner and I simply CANNOT afford a -23 on Alistair ;)

*cough* :stunned: That would have been grounds for an instant restart for sure.

Brude -

SPOILER: Jowan

I helped him escape and we still got caught in the last room. The girl turns her back on him and he flees, soppy tears all around.

The girl is turned over to the templars and I got served up to Duncan because the F.Enchanter didn't want to give me to the templars too.

Later, in Redcliff, when you run into Jowan again, I let him out (I'm a sucker) and he agrees to help Eamon's family.

I didn't opt for sacrificing Isolde (even though I don't really like her - rude, arrogant and a bitch to Alistair). I cleared the Circle and brought them back to help.

I pushed for Jowan to go back to the Circle for justice.

The second time I did this part with my human rogue, I left Jowan in the dungeon and they brought him up on their own. The situation played out pretty much the same, only I didn't have any personal history chatter with him.

Started playing this game. Its beautiful. And Bloody as hell. Seriously how much blood does one rat have?

Haven't put in too much time. Right now I'm stuck on the kobiashi maru of redcliffe village zombie invasion. They just keep coming! :P

Started playing this game. Its beautiful. And Bloody as hell. Seriously how much blood does one rat have?

Haven't put in too much time. Right now I'm stuck on the kobiashi maru of redcliffe village zombie invasion. They just keep coming! :P

I ended up having to solo that encounter a few times - or micro manage it to every round. Usually it ended up with me inching closer enough to piss a few off then kiteing them back up the hill to the pile of soldiers by the mill.

The do eventually stop, just takes a while :box:

I think I've managed to do the encounter in a standup fight only twice.

-23 ??? Bloody Hell :stunned:

I thought he would say how disappointed and sad he is that you had to do it, but his relationship with you would rise +20 or something :smoking: , even more if you chose 2'nd option :rolleyes:

He's very black and white, especially earlier in the game and the rest of the game too if you don't go with the "Everyone is out for themselves" choice in his sidequest.

It kind of bothers me that Bioware was lazy enough to break their own lore when they let you put facial tattoos on City Elves (or Dwarven Nobles for that matter). Just so lazy.

This. This REALLY bothered me, because of COURSE I wanted a tattoo on my first playthrough (city elf). It wasn't until later that I realized just how bloody stupid that was. And no one comments on it, not once. It should be locked down, except for a Dalish start. That should require one.

Ok, I have to ask --

My mage is perpetually broke, in fact I barely had enough money to cover what Alistair wanted to borrow.

My rogue is practically swimming in gold - I'm not even half way to where my mage is saved and I've cracked the 50g mark (well, until I made it to a fresh vendor).

Has anyone else noticed this? or is it just because I know what to sell this time?

Okay, I'm feeling lazy and annoyed (I just accidentaly loaded an hour-old autosave, and then overwrote my quick save. Doh), so. Where the hell am I supposed to go to find Brother whoever the hell in the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest? I'm in the city, but I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to be doing, exactly. Aside from murdering bandits, anyway.

Okay, I'm feeling lazy and annoyed (I just accidentaly loaded an hour-old autosave, and then overwrote my quick save. Doh), so. Where the hell am I supposed to go to find Brother whoever the hell in the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest? I'm in the city, but I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to be doing, exactly. Aside from murdering bandits, anyway.

In the Market District over by the Gnarled Gnoll Tavern or whatever there is a house you are supposed to go to and a dude with a "W" at the start of his name to speak with. He is a rat and you have to basically beat him up to tell you where the Brother really went. If you spoke with him and fell for his drivel, then you have to go to the Lake Callanhand Docks and go in, talk to some people, get ambushed and then go back to beat him up.

The tavern is called "The Gnawed Noble", the sign is a dragon with a man hanging from his mouth.

I thought it was cute, :wideeyed:

Guess you can tell I've been hanging out there a little while, :drunk:

Ok, I've been looking around and I can't find it --

I've been talking up the game like crazy to friends at work and now one of them is interested - but he's an Apple geek.

I don't see anywhere that there is an Apple release planned or available - or is the PC version supposed to work on both as long as they have a Windows emulator?

In the Market District over by the Gnarled Gnoll Tavern or whatever there is a house you are supposed to go to and a dude with a "W" at the start of his name to speak with. He is a rat and you have to basically beat him up to tell you where the Brother really went. If you spoke with him and fell for his drivel, then you have to go to the Lake Callanhand Docks and go in, talk to some people, get ambushed and then go back to beat him up.

Even if you fall for the drivel if you try to explore the house properly and insist on continueing when he objects you can get the proper location.

I don't see anywhere that there is an Apple release planned or available - or is the PC version supposed to work on both as long as they have a Windows emulator?

Keep in mind that Apple's machines use exactly the same hardware as Windows machines, only the operating system is different (this wasn't always true, but it has been for quite some time). The game will work with Boot Camp (the most common way of getting Windows on a Mac) and probably everything else of the sort. A native OS X release is very unlikely because the game relies extensively on DirectX and that's Windows only.

Keep in mind that Apple's machines use exactly the same hardware as Windows machines, only the operating system is different (this wasn't always true, but it has been for quite some time). The game will work with Boot Camp (the most common way of getting Windows on a Mac) and probably everything else of the sort. A native OS X release is very unlikely because the game relies extensively on DirectX and that's Windows only.

Cool, thanks :)

Archived