Mafia 69.33: A mini-minigame

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

8 players remain: Gertrude, HT Reddy, May, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Whiskeyjack, ubermensch.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

2 votes for Whiskeyjack (HT Reddy, ubermensch)

1 vote for May (TheMalcolm)

1 vote for The Man Who (Whiskeyjack)

1 vote for TheMalcolm (May)

1 vote for Gertrude (Piper of Chaos)

2 players have not voted: Gertrude, The Man Who.

Can you tell we're newb mods? We're sitting here with itchy trigger fingers just waiting for the excuse to update a vote count or answer an inquiry. We're praying for someone to get unruly or commit a major rule infraction so that we can sit back in wise and benevolent judgement and pass our wisdom down to you all.

Go on and vote again. Just see how fast we update the count. :smoking:

Ok then, Piper of Chaos

Ok then, Piper of Chaos

Pfft. Easy.

It is day 1.

8 players remain: Gertrude, HT Reddy, May, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Whiskeyjack, ubermensch.

1 vote for May (theMalcolm)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (May)

ETA: err, just to demonstrate that we may be keen but we're not necessarily competent. The vote count has been edited so that it is now, in fact, correct. :blush:

ETA2: And edited again, because it was actually correct the first time... Um, you guys had better hope that Mina's around if you need any serious modding done. I, apparently, am an idiot.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with you. And I don't like his "I am almighty" attitude.

Whiskeyjack

:wideeyed:

Being unlynchable is not being almighty, Ser!

Fact is that we should watch WJ's steps very carefully, but as usual I'm going to give him a freepass as long as none of his theories rub me the wrong way. And since I found his question about pirates and evil dudes a very clever one......... :P

Btw, didn't I foretell that Gert would be late? :D

Pfft. Easy.

It is day 1.

1 vote for May (theMalcolm)

Love your work! Off I go....

ETA: err, just to demonstrate that we may be keen but we're not necessarily competent. The vote count has been edited so that it is now, in fact, correct. :blush:

Btw, didn't I foretell that Gert would be late? :D

Yeah, 'cause no one would have seen that coming. :unsure:

And guess what ... I, uh, won't be back for several hours either. Yeah, I suck. I know.

I guess I should just get it out of the way now. I am the ninja and I am flipping out on ..... WJ. Had to be done. Sorry dude - Piper is setting up a strongman claim and we all know what that means.

Do I get a cookie?

(and no, I'm not a ninja, I just play one on tv)

And before I leave, I will leave a vote on Reddy for 2 reasons. He voted WJ and he pushed for 1 FM. Even though we only have 8 players, I think we have to have 2 FM or else this is just a huge crapshoot with no semblance of mafia. Might as well throw a D8 and be done with it. He also voted WJ cause - well he's WJ. Gonna be a big threat to the bad guys (if he's good)

... oh, you expected my reasons to be good? As if ...

I guess I should just get it out of the way now. I am the ninja and I am flipping out on ..... WJ. Had to be done. Sorry dude - Piper is setting up a strongman claim and we all know what that means.

WJ dies, ninjaed to death by Gert... :ninja:

Ha, spoilsport!

Anyway,

It is day 1.

1 vote for HT Reddy (Gertrude)

1 players have not voted: The Man Who.

And before I leave, I will leave a vote on Reddy for 2 reasons. He voted WJ and he pushed for 1 FM. Even though we only have 8 players, I think we have to have 2 FM or else this is just a huge crapshoot with no semblance of mafia. Might as well throw a D8 and be done with it. He also voted WJ cause - well he's WJ. Gonna be a big threat to the bad guys (if he's good)

... oh, you expected my reasons to be good? As if ...

Voting WJ always seems to me as an easy way to drop your vote somewhere when you feel the need to drop your vote somewhere.

Does this make sense?

Speaking about tv, last 2-3 weeks I keep watching mafia show at a tv channel. Most of players are popular singers and show(wo)men, people we usually consider to be complete idiots (here, at least), but they do surprizingly well.

Setup is nine players, two killers and no good roles, CF, which seems perfectly balanced: both sides win in about 50% games. Initially they tried ten players and three killers who stopped to kill when being at win - 1; but it was evidently wrong.

Not voting is even easier, because you don't even have to type anything and you don't have to put yourself out there so that other people can see your thoughts. Like a tin foil hat.

I've not previously been a big fan of 'Camp Whiskeyjack' in unalted games before, but as long as everything is on the straight and narrow I don't see any major reasons for any serious votes in that direction.

As much as I'd like to see WJ lynched as an innocent I damn well want it to be when I am an FM.

Whiskeyjack

:leaving:

I've not previously been a big fan of 'Camp Whiskeyjack' in unalted games before, but as long as everything is on the straight and narrow I don't see any major reasons for any serious votes in that direction.
What about putting a serious vote in any other direction? If not, why don't you want to put a non-serious vote?

What about putting a serious vote in any other direction? If not, why don't you want to put a non-serious vote?

Seriously, I haven't seen any behaviour to warrant a serious vote, and I'm not seriously considering it at this juncture.

And if we're talking about being non-serious, why then I've non-seriously explained why I haven't made a non-serious vote.

Seriously.

Of the two new players, ubermensch looks more confident to me. Which means he looks more innocentish to me.

Looking at the experienced players, I hope that Malc is not trying to spend day 1 writing one-liners again. Anyway, his last post gets my blessings.

Additionally, the second paragraph of TMW's post is a typical example of middle-of-the-road behaviour.

That's why TheManWho gets my vote for now

It is day 1.

2 votes for The Man Who (Whiskeyjack, Piper of Chaos)

1 vote for HT Reddy (Gertrude)

1 players have not voted: The Man Who.

One of your mods is being examinated as we speak and the other should have been in bed hours ago, so for the next couple of hours you're all going to have to put up with not having your votes compulsively recorded every five minutes.

Not voting is even easier, because you don't even have to type anything and you don't have to put yourself out there so that other people can see your thoughts. Like a tin foil hat.

No, its not easier. People who fail to vote eventually have the spotlight turned toward them.

As much as I'd like to see WJ lynched as an innocent I damn well want it to be when I am an FM.

Wait....so how do you know I'm innocent? Because you're making the assumption in your post. The only way for you to know that I'm innocent is if you're evil.

I think question one has been adressed so, as to the pirates of the world: I am particularly fond of the roguish and honorable pirates found in many a fiction book, however the nasty pirates found in real life are no friends of mine.

When was question one addressed?

Do you like pirates? :pirate:

Pirates are okay, but I prefer Vikings and Ninjas. I guess my rankings would go something like this -

1) Vikings

2) Ninjas

3) Pirates

4) Zombies

Archived