Mafia 69.33: A mini-minigame

House Targaryen

No, its not easier. People who fail to vote eventually have the spotlight turned toward them. (1)

Wait....so how do you know I'm innocent? Because you're making the assumption in your post. The only way for you to know that I'm innocent is if you're evil.(2)

(1)And I should not want the spotlight turned on me because...? You do realise that you are implicitly suggesting that I should be afraid of the spotlight? Or are you projecting your impending discomfiture about an impending spotlight onto me?

(2)You're wrong there. You're making an assumption in your post. There are in fact two options, one of which you have ignored completely. It is of course that I might be innocent and hence your guilt has no bearing on whether I get the satisfaction of lynching you when you're innocent. I'm not saying that I'm innocent - noone truely is - I'm just pointing out some of the foibles in your argument.

Nope.

And If we lynch him now, probably it won't count since this is an alt-less game. Didn't thought about this when I placed my vote. Remove Vote

I'm not writing much of the stuff because it's day 1. And I have some other, exam-related bussiness, but I'm keeping up with the thread on the regular basis.

Pirates are okay, but I prefer Vikings and Ninjas. I guess my rankings would go something like this -

1) Vikings

2) Ninjas

3) Pirates

4) Zombies

You're a mad man.

Vikings are mediocre at best. Yes, berserk and all that, but ultimately doomed to being the second best on the sea by pirates.

"‘There’s plenty of hams on board, if that’s what you’re worried about,’ repiled the Pirate Captain reassuringly. ‘But let’s see now…’ The Captain gazed into the middle distance and furrowed his brow to make it look like he was doing some difficult calculations in his head. In fact he was wondering if anybody had noticed how shiny his boots were, because he’d had the pirate with a scarf spend the whole morning polishing them. ‘I should say we’d reach England by Tuesday or thereabouts, with a decent wind behind us. It would be a lot quicker than that if we could just sail straight there, but I was looking at the nautical charts, and there’s a dirty great sea serpent right in the middle of the ocean! It has a horrible gaping maw and one of those scaly tails that looks like it could snap a boat clean in two. So I thought it best to sail around that.’

FitzRoy frowned. ‘I think they just draw those on maps to add a bit of decoration. It doesn’t actually mean there’s a sea serpent there.’

The galley went rather quiet. A few of the pirate crew stared intently out of the portholes, embarrassed at their Captain’s mistake. But to everyone’s relief, instead of running somebody through, the Pirate Captain just narrowed his eyes thoughtfully.

‘That explains a lot,’ he said. ‘I suppose it’s also why we’ve never glimpsed that giant compass in the corner of the Atlantic. I have to say, I’m a little disappointed.’"

Pirates understand the important things in life, like a steady supply of meat, making them numero uno.

Ninjas are understatedly flashy so they'd probably come in at number two.

Vikings and zombies both come in last. Possibly tie last along with Whiskeyjacks. :rolleyes:

(1)And I should not want the spotlight turned on me because...? You do realise that you are implicitly suggesting that I should be afraid of the spotlight? Or are you projecting your impending discomfiture about an impending spotlight onto me?

Huh?

The question was whether its easier to cast a joke vote or to not vote at all. It was based on HT Reddy casting an early vote on me. You said it was easier to not vote at all, and I disagreed.

It was a general point. So why are you making this about you? Was anybody accusing you of something? Or are you just extra defensive for some reason?

Huh?

The question was whether its easier to cast a joke vote or to not vote at all. It was based on HT Reddy casting an early vote on me. You said it was easier to not vote at all, and I disagreed.

It was a general point. So why are you making this about you? Was anybody accusing you of something? Or are you just extra defensive for some reason?

Oooooooh sneaky.

A general point eh?

Because it definitely wasn't about me as the only person not to cast a vote so far?

Well played there.

I'm defensive because I don't really have the level of skill required to consistently beat a man, although I can play up front as a bit of a target man, but my physicality and toughness in the tackle make defence the best option for me at the moment.

Malcolm, did I dream that or were you talking about a mafia show on TV? :stunned:

Is it a Russian show?

Yeah, Russian, it was made at a Russian youth channel called MusTV. I wonder if it is original; in fact, most Russian shows are copies of American or Euro programs (like "Who wants to be a millionaire?"). But who knows...

Archived