Mafia 69.33: A mini-minigame

House Targaryen

At this point, no - I have no thoughts about them. I would like a little more participation, especially from May, but that's about it.

To be honest, this whole damn game is lacking in participation right now. Even those of us who are posting aren't really doing much.

I mean, take Piper for example. Earlier, I said he wasn't bothering me. Well, now I'm wondering how many times he's going to say he's busy in this game. The excuses are adding up.

I suppose this is where I should point out that it may only be day 1, but we actually don't have much room for error here. We can only afford 1 incorrect lynch in this game, regardless of whether we have 2 FM or 1 FM/1 promotable symp.

Oh and by the way, we are down to 4 hours and 39 minutes left in day 1.

Right now, my preferred vote is still TMW.

My second choice is ubermensch - he may be busy, but I still don't like the blatant lack of participation. I'm sure he really is busy, but still - in a game like this, where we start off so close to endgame, it could easily be true and also be a tactic to earn himself a pass on day 1 (which possibly gets him 1 failed lynch away from a win).

HT Reddy can go in the same category as ubermensch. Only he's not admitting to his lack of participation. He's just trying to fly under the radar. Hmm....that actually might be worse. I'd be happy to lynch him too.

Same goes for May, but she's harder to evaluate because she might just be a clueless new player. Side note - part of me wants to think that the mods wouldn't pick a completely new player for the FM in her first game, especially when its altless. Of course, the role distribution could be random, which would shoot this down. But if its not...May would be the type of player I'd avoid if I was selecting the FM. On a related point - ubermensch would be exactly the type of player I'd choose to be an FM in this game. Relatively new, showed promise in his last game, hasn't had a chance to be FM previously. Hmm.

Hey mods, completely out of the blue question - were roles distributed randomly in this game?

Anyway, I think I'd prefer to lynch TMW, uber, or HT Reddy. If we can even get a lynch at this point. I'd be okay with a May compromise, as well as one on Malcolm for reasons Gert and I discussed earlier.

Would prefer to keep Piper and Gert alive for the moment (regardless of what I said earlier in this post about Piper).

When was question one addressed?

Pirates are okay, but I prefer Vikings and Ninjas. I guess my rankings would go something like this -

1) Vikings

2) Ninjas

3) Pirates

4) Zombies

Hmm, zombies are good to kill, and the rest are ok. I thought I had made it cleat that I am up for the evil hunt, I'd hardly hunt myself now would I?

I am concerned because with 8 players, 2 wrong lynches followed by successful nk's would lose us the game.

I agree that some of TMW's comments are defensive, and his comment about not claiming that he's innocent is a worry, because if you are innocent you shouldn't be afraid to say so.

I have noticed that Piper and Whiskeyjack often play off each other, which is suggestive of a possible alliance. I realise tht pulling the tail of the lion is a sure way to get myself into trouble, but I'm just putting it out there.

I still prefer Reddy, but I'm getting more behind the Man Who lynch. He's a funny guy who often makes me laugh, but it seems like he was trying a touch too hard to get out of a tight spot with a distracting joke. Trust me, I know this tactic.

I'll be around for a few more hours, so will check back and see what's going on.

I could also compromise on Malc, but it seems that me and WJ are the only ones even thinking along those lines.

Hi May :)

Don't be afraid to pull the lion's tail. It needs to be done :P

I feel for you (and Uber) jumping into a small, altless game. It's not going to play out like a typical game because of the numbers, and we all know each other and our styles pretty well by now. You'll often see players (like WJ and Piper) playing off each other because we know the rhythm and flow of how things go around here. If they were truly partners, you'd never see even a hint of it (and we would be so screwed, btw) Not trying to discourage your observations at all (thought about not even posting this) but I don't see this as an issue at this point.

I still prefer Reddy, but I'm getting more behind the Man Who lynch. He's a funny guy who often makes me laugh, but it seems like he was trying a touch too hard to get out of a tight spot with a distracting joke. Trust me, I know this tactic.

I went back to re-read Reddy. Here's what I found.

1) He only has 3 posts, and they lack contribution of any sort. Very annoying. I almost wonder if he's not posting because of his tendency to get himself into trouble when he does post. :unsure: I know he's one of the people who often reads the thread but just lurks instead of posting when it will serve his purposes. I think I remember him sending thoughts about doing that to spoiler heaven in past games.

2) If you look past his 3 posts in this game in his post history, he's also posting in a thread called "Poopies". I stopped reading after seeing his comment that he's "on his second one."

Yeah, I'd be happy to lynch him. Sadly, I'm going to bed soon....I doubt I'll be able to switch over if he becomes more popular. So I guess I'm sticking with TMW, since he currently has more votes (and I still want to lynch him too).

*roar*

2) If you look past his 3 posts in this game in his post history, he's also posting in a thread called "Poopies". I stopped reading after seeing his comment that he's "on his second one."

This is ...an odd point. His 3 most recent posts are on this thread, so it's not like he's posting elsewhere and ignoring this one. Also, the thread in question is not 'poopies', but poppies.

So what was the point of this?

Hi May :)

I feel for you (and Uber) jumping into a small, altless game. It's not going to play out like a typical game because of the numbers, and we all know each other and our styles pretty well by now. You'll often see players (like WJ and Piper) playing off each other because we know the rhythm and flow of how things go around here. If they were truly partners, you'd never see even a hint of it (and we would be so screwed, btw) Not trying to discourage your observations at all (thought about not even posting this) but I don't see this as an issue at this point.

Thanks for the input. Gertrude, I'm not dicouraged at all. as you have said,most of the players are familiar with the styles of others. Because of this, I think Uber and I are good targets for an easy lynch, and with the lack of room for error while lynching an FM may be likely to use this to their advantage.

And Malc....well, its almost as if he is participating too much. :P Or, more accurately, he's participating more than I would normally expect from him on day 1.
Well, it's altless game, which gives me more opportunities to go off topic. Usually I am forbidden to talk about things like Rusiian TV.

I have no suspicions of my own, but I think case on TMW looks slightly better than everything else. Probably because WJ made it. I suppose my agreement makes TMW default lynch; now he should work really hard to convince us to make another choice.

I am also slightly worried by WJ's suggestion of non-random role distribution. Did we ever have non-random? I'd expect such idea from Piper but not from WJ.

I realized that you couldn't seriously think that, but what did strike me wrong is that it seemed like a mild negative spin on Reddy (not the poopie part, the 'he's posting in other threads' part)

eh ... it's a small point, but not everyone would have checked it out. When I first read it, my brain said 'he's posting in other threads? That dirty lurker!' Easily checked and rectified, but still. Games are swayed by subtle smears and misdirection ... I'm in mafia mode. I always get called to the carpet for perfectly good and innocent jokes, so I guess it's your turn :P

After thinking about it instead of reacting to it, yeah ... it is too sloppy to be willful misdirection. Sometimes a poop joke is just a poop joke. (did I just say that?)

Here's the thing - even if it wasn't random role distribution, I don't expect he mods to own up to it. One of our (semi) sacred tenements is that roles are random, random, random. Even if it's not for whatever specific reason, people don't usually own up to it so that we can keep the illusion intact.

Regardless of what may have been done in the past, and what the other mods might or might not own up to the mods in this game would like to confirm that role and faction distribution in this game is completely random.

ETA: You have just under 3.5 hours left. I'm travelling home now and I believe you will be modless until I get there.

Even if it's not for whatever specific reason, people don't usually own up to it so that we can keep the illusion intact.
Totally agreed. The illusion should stay sacred, whatever reality is.

I just realized that we have only three hours left, so there is no chance of any game-breaking events. The Man Who.

Just before I leaves then.

It is day 1.

8 players remain: Gertrude, HT Reddy, May, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Whiskeyjack, ubermensch.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

3 votes for The Man Who (Whiskeyjack, Piper of Chaos, TheMalcolm)

1 vote for HT Reddy (Gertrude)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (May)

1 vote for Whiskeyjack (HT Reddy)

2 players have not voted: The Man Who, ubermensch.

Why specifically do you find him suspicious, May?

His reactions to some of WJ's challenges have been defensive. He has stated that hes ' not saying that he's innocent because nobody is innocent, however in a gme such as this, you are innocent or not. I find this very odd.

I've heaading to another house, but it has a computer, I should be back in about 20 mins

Defensive, me?

I haven't had anything to be defensive about.

I also think some people are reading a little too deeply into my posts, when I haven't posted one serious post over the course of this game, which is probably the best point against me at the moment.

All the other points against me are blatantly wrong, contrived or insane.

That is all.

For me, personally, as of myself, I am leaning most strongly towards WJ being guilty but I've learned from previous unalted games that there's basically bugger all chance of getting any traction on that. I don't think WJ has been playing like himself much at all.

It's hard to say with any great certainty who to pick up on, because, like me, most people have not had too much serious to say.

Archived