Alan Tudyk as Edmure Tully

The Pita

I realize Tudyk goes for more comedic roles (his most dramatic role that I've seen, Dollhouse, had plenty comedy elements in it), but I think he could really nail this. Besides my deep man-crush on him, he's a brilliant actor, and he could look the part. He's younger than Ehle by what I think is the okay amount and a natural redhead, and he also fakes an amazing Brit accent. Additionally, he's awesome.

My alternative is Enver Gjokaj as everyone.

I realize Tudyk goes for more comedic roles (his most dramatic role that I've seen, Dollhouse, had plenty comedy elements in it), but I think he could really nail this. Besides my deep man-crush on him, he's a brilliant actor, and he could look the part. He's younger than Ehle by what I think is the okay amount and a natural redhead, and he also fakes an amazing Brit accent. Additionally, he's awesome.

My alternative is Enver Gjokaj as everyone.

Love hm as well. Actually the most serious character Ive seen him play was a child killer in one of the CSI shows.

However I think he's too big an actor to play a fairly moderate character like Edmure.

Would be brilliant to see him as Shagwell though!

Tudyk is so good at the sarcasm, that I thought he'd be a good match for Bronn or Littlefinger (two of the more sarcastic characters). But I'm not sure he could pull off the muscular warrior.

However, I'd love to see him in any role. In fact, I'd like to see the entire cast of Firefly. Can we find them all roles in GoT, please? Almost all their current shows have been cancelled. Morena Baccarin for Ashara Dayne at the tournament of Harrenhall!

Watch Alan Tudyk in Dollhouse, when he puts on the Active shirt. You want to see Muscular Sexy Tudyk, that's him. And yes, he'd do a great Bronn, now that I think about it. He'd also be a good Littlefinger. Or Tyrion, with some rewrites and a recasting.

In any case, him and Peter Dinklage are among my five favorite actors. (The others are Enver Gjokaj, Michael C Hall, and Meryl Streep)

Tudyk is so good at the sarcasm, that I thought he'd be a good match for Bronn or Littlefinger (two of the more sarcastic characters). But I'm not sure he could pull off the muscular warrior.

However, I'd love to see him in any role. In fact, I'd like to see the entire cast of Firefly. Can we find them all roles in GoT, please? Almost all their current shows have been cancelled. Morena Baccarin for Ashara Dayne at the tournament of Harrenhall!

Depends how good they are at the brit accent. Not sure about Moena Baccarin, thought she was the weak link in an otherwise very strong cast. (Fillion and Baldwin in particular)

Nathan Fillion might be rather good as Bronn but again its all down to that accent.

Tudyk has a good Brit accent! Tudyk is hire-able! All of Tudyk's TV shows have died! Hire Tudyk!

I've never seen Nathan Fillion use an accent other than his normal one. I don't think he has another one. I haven't seen Morena Baccarin in anything else, and, as someone non-Irish, I though Summer Glau's Irish accent wasn't bad. But that may be because I'm iggerant.

EDIT- Sorry about the Tudyk rant, but he simply isn't in enough movies. Him and all of my top 5 except for Streep, who is in WAY too many.

Tudyk has a good Brit accent! Tudyk is hire-able! All of Tudyk's TV shows have died! Hire Tudyk!

Tudyk and Peter Dinklage were in the same movie: Death in the Funeral, a British ensemble black comedy directed Frank Oz (Hey, Yoda!) being remade in Hollywood. (BOO!) Love their roles there, Gay Dinklage and Naked Tudyk! :lol:

Although I'm meh on Tudyk as Edmure. I feel that there is a better actor for Edmure, but just can't think of anyone right now.

If you could squeeze Nathan Fillion into the cast, it'd have to be as Renly! Too bad he's much too famous for the role. I kind of feel the same about Tudyk as Edmure--even though he played a small role in Dollhouse--but Enver Gjokaj is in the relm of possibility and I think he'd make either a great Edmure or a great Bronn.

Just for fun, for the principal cast of Firefly, I see:

Nathan Fillion (Mal) as Lord Beric Dondarrion. A natural fit, Lord Beric must be handsome and monied, and transform into a haunted husk of a man. Fillion would kill in the role.

Gina Torres (Zoe) as Quaithe. If you've ever seen Torres outside of the tough-girl roles she does creepy quite well, and can turn her voice to haunting quite nicely.

Alan Tudyk (Wash) as 'Dolorous' Edd Tollett. Come on people, Bronn? Whenever Tudyk does physicality, it's against his natural unassuming personality and certainly doesn't fit Bronn's thoroughly intimidating demeanor. Dolorous Edd, on the other hand, gets all the best lines and can't be trusted to an amateur.

Morena Baccarin (Inara) as Arianne Martell and it's not even close.

Adam Baldwin (Jayne) as Tormund Giantsbane. He has that Wildling look about him, and can do suppressed humor.

Jewel Staite (Kaylee) as Lysa Arryn. Obviously, this is a hell of a departure from the Firefly character, but look at her and tell me that if you ugly her up she wouldn't knock that role out of the freakin' park.

Sean Maher (Simon) as Ser Garlan Tyrell. The pretty fits, and I think he would be a strong presence as the straight-man (har har) of the visible Tyrell brothers.

Summer Glau (River) as Meera Reed. Wide-eyed, lithe, physically able, more than a little creepy, it's an obvious fit. Sure, she's old for the role, but so what?

Ron Glass (Book) as ... I'm stumped.

Ron Glass as Maester #3 in the prologue for AFFC. I'm telling you, a perfect fit.

I like all of your choices here but Nathan Fillion. I think Fillion's great, but not for this.

But Tudyk could do Bronn well. I don't think him being a buff person doesn't work. It works very well in Dollhouse.

Archived