dothraki dialect

defter

hey all

sorry im kinda new here and Im not sure what the etiquet (sp?) is for starting new topics, but here goes..

over on one of the other forums (or topics....?) they were talking about a signing that grrm was at, and somene said the actors there were talking about a dothraki dialect coahc or something like that for the pilot. anyone know anything else abou thtis? is that like it? couldnt find anything else on the net really.

That's all we have right now. They have hired a linguistic expert to develop the vocabulary and fix the "sound" of Dothraki a bit, because they plan to use it in the first episode -- probably most for background and extras, some of Illyrio's lines, and so on. Apparently the actors will largely mouth the words, and then they will be dubbed in later to sound more natural.

We have no idea who the expert is.

over on one of the other forums (or topics....?) they were talking about a signing that grrm was at, and somene said the actors there were talking about a dothraki dialect coahc or something like that for the pilot.

It was actually GRRM himself that told us that (at least that's who I heard it from, maybe one of the other people there mentioned it as well).

It was actually GRRM himself that told us that (at least that's who I heard it from, maybe one of the other people there mentioned it as well).

holy smoke thats so cool!! wish i couldve been there.

(sorry didn't respond to thsi sooner. can only use the internet when my moms asleep or away....)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived