American Politics XXI

Ser Scot A Ellison

Purity test for the GOP in order to gain RNC endorsement and financial support? http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200...23/2134917.aspx

Apparently Hoekstra is the leading Republican here in Michigan for Governor. :ack: I'd consider voting Republican, but not for him. Apparently Sheriff Joe Arpaio, if he decides to run, would kick everyone's ass, Republican or Dem, in Arizona. Yikes.

I made the point earlier (I've made it many times) that if our immigration system was more sensible (as in less expensive, less time consuming, less confusing, and less restrictive) then we wouldn't have as much of an issue. If it were easier to immigrate legally, then we could start truly looking at those coming here illegally as criminals.

I almost completely agree with Bluer Dragon for the first time.

(1) We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill;

(6) We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;

(10) We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership; and be further

Looking at points 1 & 6 it they want to reduce the national debt by adding a trillion dollars it to fight pointless wars.

If you follow the link you realize this group invokes Reagen's name in almost paragraph. The entire basis for this "purity" test (I wonder if the GOP member's will have to wear promise rings now) is based when Reagen made a commit that a person who agree's with me 8 out of 10 times is my friend. These idiots took him literally and developed a way to test that statement.

I included 10 to point out that gun rights have been expanded under the Obama administration and the democratically held Congress. It pisses me off to see the GOP still lie about how the Democratic's are just waiting for the right minute to steal away their god-giving right to own a gun. It appears I can't make this point often enough.

Becks a "libertarian"? LOL! The only way he is a "libertarian" is that he's against taxes. Every other way he's your typical pro war conservative who has no problem taking away the civil liberties of his political opponets.

One thing I did recently find out, after watching the South Park episode about Beck I was flicking through Youtube to try and find a good example of his, um, "work" to show a friend, is that he also favours legalising marijuana.

Oh, Marijuana... The Irony of It All.

Sweet track.

GOP purity test?

Any potential candidate would have to agree with at least 8/10 to get support if RNC passes it.

I just missed it by a hair... I was 6.5 out of 10 (though I admit a few of them were hard to agree to, given the wording).

As for the drugs thing. I am decidedly anti-drugs. I hate drugs, drug dealers, drug addicts, and the drug culture as a whole. That's why I openly support legalizing all of it, across the board.

I almost completely agree with Blauer Dragon for the first time.

It happens to almost every rational being eventually. Welcome to the "I've agreed with Blauer" club, and Thank You for your support.

Purity test for the GOP in order to gain RNC endorsement and financial support? [url=http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/11/23/2134917.aspx]

:ack: Apparently Sheriff Joe Arpaio, if he decides to run, would kick everyone's ass, Republican or Dem, in Arizona. Yikes.

You have NO IDEA of the level to which that frightens me. That man is the worst possible example of a corrupted public official that I can think of.

You have NO IDEA of the level to which that frightens me. That man is the worst possible example of a corrupted public official that I can think of.

I do remember that he came up before (on another thread?) and that regardless of political outlook, the AZ boarders that posted were not fans.

Archived