Eager Anticipation meets Trying to Pass the Time

Frank Stark

I find myself constantly having to reign in my excitement about the series, given the length of time before actually seeing the show (if ever).

On the one hand, I catch the cast members on TV in their other works, and I can't help grinning widely and saying outloud (much to the wife's annoyance) "Hello, Prince Joffrey!" (Batman Begins) or "Hello, Ser Waymar!" (The Prisoner).

On the other hand, I have to remind myself it's going to be a while. Late winter/spring 2011 is my best guess (as an ignorant layman).

So, if there is a full season order, what can I look forward to in the year after that, GoT-wise?

1 A whole new round of casting

2 The faint hope that HBO will release promotional photos or art. Characters in costume, and the like. Do they do this? Anyone?

Of course, there could also be a book release... And I don't mean the Warriors anthology.

I remember stumbling upon the news that they were going to be filming LOTR, my most beloved books ever (well I hadn't read GOT yet ;) ) about 2 years before the Fellowship film came out. I spent much of the next 5 years prowling around at theonering.net and theonering.com. Oh, the wait was sheer agony :P But I and others seemed to get though it by agonizing over things like how minor changes would mange to ruin the whole film. Or how they would possibly manage to squeeze the books into 2-3 hour films without cutting crucial elements. GOT has a big leg up in both cases I think since the Author is alive to help steer the handling of the adaption, and 10+ episoides gives a lot more time to work with then a 3.5 hour movie. Not to mention pacing is less worrisome when the story is broken into 1 hour chunks. But I'm sure we'll still manage to find plenty of diverting things to obsess over anyway. Its human (fanboy) nature...

As long as the show isn't as bad as "The Seeker" I'll be able to breathe normally :)

The Seeker is pretty bad, isn't it. Just started watching it.

Given what I've seen, this will be a real quality production. The characters match my conception of them.

Now a short, pipsqueek Richard, although Zed looks just right.

The Seeker is pretty bad, isn't it. Just started watching it.

Given what I've seen, this will be a real quality production. The characters match my conception of them.

Now a short, pipsqueek Richard, although Zed looks just right.

Yeah they totally blew the casting for Richard, it should have been this guy- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0655585/

I just have such a hard time watching Legend of the Seeker because that is NOT at all what Richard should look like. I can't believe Terry Goodkind would let that slide....plus the fact the TV shows script is all kinds of jacked up compared to the books.

Archived