Filming Ended Already/

Chairman7w

Whoa... Really? Man, I had no idea it would be filmed so quickly.

Well, it was only one episode (the pilot), so really it was a long shoot. But I'm feeling a bit blue and anxious it's over (need to get another hobbie :uhoh: ), crossing my fingers 'till March.

Well, it was only one episode (the pilot), so really it was a long shoot. But I'm feeling a bit blue and anxious it's over (need to get another hobbie :uhoh: ), crossing my fingers 'till March.

The hard part for me to accept is that March is only the possible date when we'll know if the series is going to be made or not. For seeing the series, we're talking perhaps early 2011, with a slim, very slim, chance of maybe late 2010 (not likely but marginally possible).

I guess I'll just have to wear thick mittens until then, to keep from chewing my own fingers off in frustration. :)

The hard part for me to accept is that March is only the possible date when we'll know if the series is going to be made or not. For seeing the series, we're talking perhaps early 2011, with a slim, very slim, chance of maybe late 2010 (not likely but marginally possible).

I guess I'll just have to wear thick mittens until then, to keep from chewing my own fingers off in frustration. :)

I don't see 2010 being possible at all at the moment. If HBO says, "Yes," on 1 March and then can start filming Episode 2 immediately on the same day (which will not happen), then filming would still last until mid-September. As I understand it, HBO don't strip shows on either side of Christmas, so if they can't start showing the series in September they'll hold it back until January, which I believe is traditional for most American TV shows.

Of course, we know from the availability of the actors, the length of the casting process for the other roles and so on that it's more likely they won't start filming until May-June, with filming last until more like December or January, which then makes spring 2011 the more likely air date.

While it's a nice tag line, I really don't know if it's going to be that amazing compelling to people who have not read the series, so I don't believe HBO will make a serious push for a winter release _just_ for that.

Around March, HBO will decide on whether to order a full season. We will not see the pilot before that time; at most, HBO may do some very limited test screenings in L.A. or New York City to get some audience feedback (and probably not even that; never heard of HBO using test audiences for their shows).

If HBO passes on a season, we will probably never see the pilot. The only sure way to see the pilot is if HBO gives a greenlight and then wait until January-February 2011 or even later for them to air it. I know Paul Gude over at Winter is Coming is really hoping HBO is thinking of an early release of just the first episode (aka the pilot) on DVD, but I am very doubtful; I think HBO would consider it a tactic that looks a bit too money-grubbing by their standards. If they did do it, I would naturally fork over my $15 or whatever they charge to see it, though. ;)

Around March, HBO will decide on whether to order a full season. We will not see the pilot before that time; at most, HBO may do some very limited test screenings in L.A. or New York City to get some audience feedback (and probably not even that; never heard of HBO using test audiences for their shows).

It's possible such a screening could be very under the radar, so it might happen without anyone hearing about it. More like a small focus group situation, rather than whole theaters full of people as is done for most Hollywood films.

I did see HBO's "Angels in America" in a theater a few weeks before it came out on the network, but that was for an AIDS charity a friend had donated to, which is why we got to go. It was pretty great, actually. Mike Nichols spoke before the screening, which was supposed to only be Part 1, "Millennium Approaches," but at the end of his speech he revealed that they would show Part 2, "Perestroika," after a 30 minute intermission. I had to work the next day and didn't think I could stay all six hours until 1:30 AM, but after the greatness of part one, I had to stay for part 2 and wasn't disappointed.

If they aren't going to rush production just to use that tag line -- and I really doubt they would -- then I don't see them sitting on it for a bunch of months just so they can release it November-December 2011.

People aren't taking into account the shows HBO is showing now or later. Right now they have their Fall lineup on, and come spring/summer, True Blood is on Sunday nights, and Entourage (and one more show, I forget) is on usually after that no? And most of their shows are shown on Sunday anyways.

If anything I think it would fit in the Fall lineup, we have Curb Your Enthusiasm (which I think is the last season) and Bored to Death (crap) from 9-10. And they wouldn't want to compete with Dexter on at 10. The Fall 9-10 slot fits perfectly I think, it was Rome's old slot too.

If it does get greenlit in March. They could have episodes out easily for September/October.

Edit: I also forgot that new Sparticus show that HBO is releasing this Winter. If anything this show will bring in another audience that likes the whole fantasy/sword deal. They could advertise GoT during that run for Fall 2010.

If it does get greenlit in March. They could have episodes out easily for September/October.

Edit: I also forgot that new Sparticus show that HBO is releasing this Winter. If anything this show will bring in another audience that likes the whole fantasy/sword deal. They could advertise GoT during that run for Fall 2010.

No to both of those points. They are not going to advertise a show now when they haven't even greenlit it. Even if they had, they wouldn't advertise it now. It would be too early.

And if you have read other posts, you must know that its almost impossible for the show to be on TV next September. Given what we know, they'd be doing good to have finished filming by then. HBO don't release shows until its fully filmed apparently.

I wish, but no it won't be on next Autumn, most likely Jan 2011. Sparticus: Blood and Sand will be on Starz not HBO, so possibly competition for GoT when it comes out (I personally don't think so..).

March about pilot? from my modest point of view it's far but this is the way TV

works I only hope they finish what they began.

Is it insane to say that in the meanwhile they could shoot other episodes?

December (Christmas free of course eating, drinking, for Mark Addy it'd be an excellent training for his character:D), January and February..between three full months!!

Archived