Excercise and Fitness X-treme

TheLoneliestMonk

Cheers mate, feels good to be able to do stuff again

By the way, I know I’ve mentioned touch a few times on here.

If anybody’s interested in what I’m actually talking about, here are a couple of short vids that the international governing body has just produced*

* I appear for about a second in one of them. Those of you who know me would struggle to recognise me though, as I’m in sunglasses and sober

Nice. I'm not a fan of touch. Doesn't suit my style of play.

Yeah, my game is far more suited to running into people rather than round them. I think it's a backs thing. :lol:

I played both but even on the wing I was the same. I used to break through half tackles and offload, someone putting the hands on my upper body isn't stopping me :lol:

Awesome! Welcome back, Vestrit!

Will you join me in the quest to beat the weightlifting world records for women under 48 kg (98 kg in the snatch, 120 kg in the clean and jerk)? Of course it won't be easy, but with Fleeing Finn as our virtual coach, who knows how far we could get?

:)

:lol:

OK, I'm in but on one condition.

When we achieve it, we both have to get a t-shirt made that says: 'I'm as strong as a 48kg girl'

I'll post a link to a photo of me wearing it once it's done

hurrah, Vestrit, congrats!

regarding running and weight training- I'm finding it counter productive to the lifting program I'm on now. *shrugs* Methinks it's only because I've been running 1 or 2 times a week, and doing it that sporadically, it makes me sore to the point where resistance training hurts more than it should, unless I give myself two days to recover.

only difference I've noticed with the plain blue bottle of creatine monohydrate is I look fucking jacked (comparatively speaking) after an upper body workout. :wideeyed: Whoa.

today is squats day, ugh. see above about running effing up my squats- I expect to be weak as a kitten.

How about trying to run the day after your leg day then, instead of before.

I've found that doing squats before running tends to negatively impact running but that running doesn't seem to effect squats that much. As it is, I'm more concerned about weights right now than running so I always do weights before attempting to run. Off day running doesn't seem to be very affected, maybe that's just because I haven't reached a heavy enough weight though.

:lol:

OK, I'm in but on one condition.

When we achieve it, we both have to get a t-shirt made that says: 'I'm as strong as a 48kg girl'

Of course! Boasting that I am as strong as a 48kg girl is one of the things I really look forward to doing anyway.

I'll post a link to a photo of me wearing it once it's done

OK, I'll do the same.

For inspiration, here's one of the girls we have to beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYZn1IiamY

I figure that as long as the technique is good and the lift is fast, then the load’s not that important?

That's correct. Although you have to keep in mind that you can't exert maximum force to a too light an object. As we all know F=ma and no matter how hard you try you can't accelerate the mass of something light, like a coin, to produce as much force as you can by throwing something heavier like a javelin. That's pretty much a non-issue in weightlifting though. As you said lifting with a good technique and lifting fast will serve you fine.

It's good to see your comeback is well under way! :)

WTF!!

This video contains content from International Olympic Committee, who has decided to block it in your country.

Sorry -- I had no idea this video couldn't be viewed everywhere. In case you were wondering, it shows Chen Xiexia snatching 95 kg and cleaning and jerking 117 kg to win the 48 kg class in the Beijing Olympic Games.

Here's a video (of much poorer quality, unfortunately) showing the same girl cleaning and jerking 120 kg (265 lbs), the current world record:

Looks easy, doesn't it?

I had a slow burn workout this morning on the reformer, where I kept my pace very even and controlled, but I really tried to do every move and transition perfectly. This complimented my frame of mind, because I had a frenetic and upsetting early morning.

I am feeling much better after my workout, and I think I am going to pull it together and face the rest of the day, even though it holds many tasks the can be filed under the heading "not fun at all."

Archived