NFL V - Turkey Day Edition.

Mya Stone

The NFL should begin to collect a list of players who sit out games as examples of how teams should be properly run. This will never happen, but it should. We are SO QUICK to point to a guy who plays hurt as being "a warrior" but we should also point with pride to the players and say "he is a smart warrior."

Could not agree more. Especially in a playoff game when your backup is a guy who is really, really good. Who in fact turns out to be a Pro Bowl player the next year with another team.

Of course, some blithering yahoos out there will mock the decision endlessly, but those folks are morons.

Exhibit A of why the Eagles consistently disappoint: on the opening kickoff against the Redskins, Andy Reid calls for a "surprise" onside kick. While not a bad idea in and of itself, it is against one of the worst offenses in the league, a team that can't score without help. Skins recover the onside kick and return it to the 20 and get a super rare TD a few plays later.

Exhibit B: Eagles drive easily all the way down the field, in like 6 plays, with runs straight up the middle as Haynesworth is out. Once they get to the Red Zone, as usual, Andy Reid gets cute with play action and Michael Vick Wildcat and they have to settle for a field goal.

Andy Reid has to be the least bright gameday coach in the NFL, right?

Funny comment on ESPN Radio by Eric Allen. The subject of discussion was the fact that fourteen African-Americans have taken snaps this season.

His comment [paraphrased]was "and these aren't all guys who are superstars like Donovan McNabb or Randall Cunningham or Warren Moon. When a guy like JaMarcus Russell keeps getting chances, it shows we've arrived".

Ehh, it is not like Indy really needs this game today. They have a 3 game lead on the conference basically. Freeney could have played today if he had to, they are just resting him for precautionary means. Now sure losing Sanders hurts, but they've not had him most of the year anyway. He only played like 2 games total for them this year. Their issue is their secondary, they can't really afford any more injuries there.

Edit: Looks like Houston is being Houston and Indy didn't need their defenders so much today.

wow the Colts know how to show the difference between a good team and a great team. Most teams would have folded after going down 14-0 like the Colts did. The game did not matter that much to them and they were not playying their best; however, they found a away to fight back and find a way to win.

Way to go down swinging Miami, ya fuckin' assclowns! How long till the Draft?

I've said for years it's always a successful season if Miami sweeps the Jets. So I guess at the end of the season, a 5-11 record and a Jets sweep will have to be enough to see me through a long, cold horrible spring and summer.

Well, it seems like the Bears have given up any hopes of competing for a playoff spot. For the rest of the season they'll be content with trying to be the best of the worst of the NFL. Browns, Lions, Chiefs, Rams, Raiders, Redskins beware!

Hey, I'm all about Jay Cutler and I think making the move for him was the best thing for the Bears (if only they'd taken the next step and getting him some help...), but let's not get him killed out there. Let the cry go forth, "MORE CALEB HAINEY!" :P

Dixon seems to be playing pretty well so far for a guy who has taken like one pro snap before being thrust into the starting role with just a few days notice.

Did anyone else catch Terry Bradshaw's tirade against the NFL and their "reactive" approach to protecting players from injury? When they did the wide shot there was some nodding in agreement from the rest of the panel, but it was one of those weird uncomfortable moments that TB does every once in awhile that makes you think he is going to get himself fired one of these days.

All I couldd think about going into this morning was what an ass whipping I was in for. I had to bench Big Ben and was forced to go with Alex Smith as a replacement. That turned out okay for this week. In another league I started Matt Ryan, but ended up facing Kurt Warner. Dodged a bullet there. As the games unfolded, I wasn't seeing a lot of my guys in the stats and highlights. But, as the Steelers game is winding down, I am tentatively looking at wins in 5 out of 7 overall, plus surviving to the top 5 in the survivor league. Plus the Vikings notched their 10th win of the season and will be tied for first in the NFC if the Pats can beat the Saints tomorrow.

I'll take it.

Well, it seems like the Bears have given up any hopes of competing for a playoff spot. For the rest of the season they'll be content with trying to be the best of the worst of the NFL. Browns, Lions, Chiefs, Rams, Raiders, Redskins beware!

Well, they could try to tank their season in the hopes of improving their draft position.

....oh, wait.

Bring it, bitch! You play the Redskins, expect to see a broken down, horrifically injured shell of a team that's begun its "wracking up the moral victories" phase of the season. Unless Hunter Smith throws a TD, we're not going to beat you, but it's going to be uncomfortably close. Campbell will lead whatever drives it takes to keep the final margin of victory between 1-4 points.

Count on it.

What a game! It's had a little bit of everything, and I could've sworn that fire drill 57-yarder field goal by Cundiff at the gun was going to be good. But I'm glad we're getting OT.

Good shit.

Archived