GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

"I have a new perspective because I haven't taken part in all the banter" does NOT equal "I have a load of information here. Lots for you to read."

Now if he'd made no valid points, fair enough. However he came in fresh, saw one thing (out of two notable posts) and attacked it. That's fair enough. While it looks like a chainsaw to me, I really can't get my head round your angle on the whole thing.

Never mind it aint something worth arguing over more anyway.

Never mind it aint something worth arguing over more anyway.

Yeah. I mean, with all the huge, compelling cases that have cropped up since, your attacking someone on a moot point is rather insignificant, isn't it?

Oh, wait, what's that? There haven't been any?

Well well Stark, when you make a slip up and attack someone based on a worthless case, you can't just say "ahh forget it" when pulled up on it. :-p

You know, I'm kind of paranoid that all suspicious behaviour is an innocent scheme to stay lynchable and dodge the NK, but whatever, I'll bite.

I have caught up. One thing that sticks out to me is Gareth Stark. He quotes long quotes but only adds a line or two and then, when someone gets serious, he attacks and votes them.

Having missed all the play, I think I am coming at this with a fresh perspective. I have no problem with Gareth being today's lynch.

Apparently I'm alone, but I find this post weird. It's one thing to dislike Stark's attack on Yronwood, but you're already willing to say that you'd have no problems with him being the day's lynch? Why are you so confident? And considering that the post you found fault with happened immediately before you posted, how are you offering a "fresh perspective" on him? (Unless you think that his RP spam was considerably scummier than everyone else's RP spam, that is.)

Does this look chainsaw-y to anyone else? Yronwood is attacked, as the first real non jokepost target of the day, and Botley jumps straight in and attacks the attacker.

I don't think the chainsaw defence is a valid accusation to make two posts into the serious phase. Obviously, the first people to be attacked will be those who made the first cases, since it's the only material on the thread to question.

Are the killers also playing an every man for himself game? If so, that'd really suggest it's a false trail. It'll also make this a lot harder for us, without being able to rely on links. :(

I asked Targ. The FM are also playing against each other.

Yeah. I mean, with all the huge, compelling cases that have cropped up since, your attacking someone on a moot point is rather insignificant, isn't it?

Oh, wait, what's that? There haven't been any?

Well well Stark, when you make a slip up and attack someone based on a worthless case, you can't just say "ahh forget it" when pulled up on it. :-p

lol your case is ridiculous, the only reason I said lets drop it was that you admitted you couldnt see through my pov and understand my point, thus realizing you were unable to do that I suggested that we stop the argument as it was becoming useless.

PS: You think you are so smart, dont you? lol

lol your case is ridiculous, the only reason I said lets drop it was that you admitted you couldnt see through my pov and understand my point, thus realizing you were unable to do that I suggested that we stop the argument as it was becoming useless.

PS: You think you are so smart, dont you? lol

:spank:

If my case is ridiculous, show it to be so. Don't just insult me for daring to make it.

And yes, I do think I'm smart. I think the vast majority of our players are smart at worst, geniuses at best. However, I am disappointed at anyone making a "ps. You think your are so smart, don't you? lol" post. :(

:spank:

If my case is ridiculous, show it to be so. Don't just insult me for daring to make it.

And yes, I do think I'm smart. I think the vast majority of our players are smart at worst, geniuses at best. However, I am disappointed at anyone making a "ps. You think your are so smart, don't you? lol" post. :(

lol I didnt mean any offense man, but seeing how you started to corner me and question my points against Botley(spell check)while holding your ground and not accepting my explanations so you could take the lets forget it post from me in order to hold it against me made me say that. sorry bout that ;)

lol I didnt mean any offense man, but seeing how you started to corner me and question my points against Botley(spell check)while holding your ground and not accepting my explanations so you could take the lets forget it post from me in order to hold it against me made me say that. sorry bout that ;)

I hate to break it to you, but that's Mafia. We may be one big, happy family. We may all love each other (albeit usually in a strictly platonic way). We may jump to support each other on off-site issues...

But in a game, if someone shows even the smallest sign of guilt, we corner them. We question their points. We hold our ground. We don't accept explanations that we don't feel satisfied with. And yes, anything you say may and will be used against you in a court of Westeros. :-) Sometimes we get too emotionally involved and lash out a little, making things that really shouldn't be personal, personal. And because of that, because I've done it in the past too, I can accept you didn't mean offence. I won't hold THAT post against you, as it was basically a non game related post. However any cases you've made, explanations you've given, analysis you've offered or comments you've dropped will be used against you for as long as I feel you may be guilty. :)

So, shall we all make up and be friends?

while we lynch you, that is!:P

:grouphug:

edit: Another naked voyeur viewer!

I have no problem with that too, as Im suffering from a bad flu. :stillsick:

Hope you feel better soon :grouphug: (I have had my flu shot :P )

Does this look chainsaw-y to anyone else? Yronwood is attacked, as the first real non jokepost target of the day, and Botley jumps straight in and attacks the attacker.

miss a couple of games and the wackos come up with a new term. :tantrum: WTF does that even mean?

Beyond that it's all wifomy, with Botley being either a smart symp to someone who's not Yronwood, an unsubtle symp to Yronwood, a partner to Yronwood, or of course, it all just being a figment of my overactive imagination.

A synopsis:

There will be 3 FM and no symps, nor any roled innocents.

:rolleyes:

'Cause there's soooo much to analyze and post about, right?

:kiss:

Dude I wasnt the one to claim I had a brave new perspective :fencing:

Brave? you must have me confused with some other Botley

"I have a new perspective because I haven't taken part in all the banter" does NOT equal "I have a load of information here. Lots for you to read."

Now if he'd made no valid points, fair enough. However he came in fresh, saw one thing (out of two notable posts) and attacked it. That's fair enough. While it looks like a chainsaw to me, I really can't get my head round your angle on the whole thing.

Hope you feel better soon :grouphug: (I have had my flu shot :P )

miss a couple of games and the wackos come up with a new term. :tantrum: WTF does that even mean?

:rolleyes:

:kiss:

Brave? you must have me confused with some other Botley

Hey, I noticed targ's post eventually myself! Selective editing to make me look dumb, rather than simply slow! :P

Chainsaw is another site term I picked up at some point. It is basically where you attack the person attacking your partner, rather than directly defending your partner. Sort of defending by making the case maker look bad rather than being obvious about the defence. But yeah, It is probably too early to be that significant, especially now I know there's no symp AND that the killers aren't working together as a team.

Botley: Chainsaw Defence

But could you please respond to this:

Apparently I'm alone, but I find this post weird. It's one thing to dislike Stark's attack on Yronwood, but you're already willing to say that you'd have no problems with him being the day's lynch? Why are you so confident? And considering that the post you found fault with happened immediately before you posted, how are you offering a "fresh perspective" on him? (Unless you think that his RP spam was considerably scummier than everyone else's RP spam, that is.)

And what do you think of Stark's defence? You kissed up (literally :P) to those who defended you, but your only comment to Stark was "teehee, I'm not brave." Yet you still left your vote on him, so clearly you suspect him. You're trying to appease him with one hand but lynching him with the other. Are you still confident that Stark is the best lynch for today?

I hate to break it to you, but that's Mafia. We may be one big, happy family. We may all love each other (albeit usually in a strictly platonic way). We may jump to support each other on off-site issues...

But in a game, if someone shows even the smallest sign of guilt, we corner them. We question their points. We hold our ground. We don't accept explanations that we don't feel satisfied with. And yes, anything you say may and will be used against you in a court of Westeros. :-) Sometimes we get too emotionally involved and lash out a little, making things that really shouldn't be personal, personal. And because of that, because I've done it in the past too, I can accept you didn't mean offence. I won't hold THAT post against you, as it was basically a non game related post. However any cases you've made, explanations you've given, analysis you've offered or comments you've dropped will be used against you for as long as I feel you may be guilty. :)

So, shall we all make up and be friends?

while we lynch you, that is!:P

:grouphug:

edit: Another naked voyeur viewer!

I found your approach funny as it was too classic and I saw it coming from miles away thats why I made that statement lol. So you dont need to break anything of value as it is my castle and full of valuable items :D

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have next to no time for the rest of the day. I'll try to be back around before lynch, but I very much doubt I'll be able to.

This post as the first serious and supposedly analytical one strikes me as too self-pretentious.

ETA: While Im at it, lets see some more from Stevie Yronwood

In the small amount of back and forth we've had so far, this is the post that I dislike most. My experience of day one evil is often that they're more looking for something, anything, to say rather than looking for genuine clues, and somewhere, anywhere, to park their votes. That's what makes RP and role spec so attractive for them. The kind of one line attack above feels just like that to me. The first serious game post is obviously also the easiest post to attack, and Stark has done such a wishy washy job of it. There's nothing wrong with being either analytical (even "supposedly analytical") or pretentious in mafia. Stark hasn't even tried to invent substance for his attack, and finally it's aimed at poor old Yronwood who isn't exactly the riskiest person you could vote for just now.

All in all I'm pretty happy voting Stark just now.

I found your approach funny as it was too classic and I saw it coming from miles away thats why I made that statement lol. So you dont need to break anything of value as it is my castle and full of valuable items :D

What do you mean by "too classic" and that you "saw it coming from miles away"? Are you implying there's something wrong with using a traditional method of finding scum? o.O Or that we should be subtle about who we're attacking?

Both of these seem to be quite scummy sentiments to me.

Hey, I noticed targ's post eventually myself! Selective editing to make me look dumb, rather than simply slow! :P

Chainsaw is another site term I picked up at some point. It is basically where you attack the person attacking your partner, rather than directly defending your partner. Sort of defending by making the case maker look bad rather than being obvious about the defence. But yeah, It is probably too early to be that significant, especially now I know there's no symp AND that the killers aren't working together as a team.

weird...we never called it that. I am looking to buy a chainsaw, to cut down trees too big to do by hand...so chainsawing would mean getting a bunch together to go after a big cheese...like a gang bang on WJ :P

Botley: Chainsaw Defence

But could you please respond to this:

And what do you think of Stark's defence? You kissed up (literally :P) to those who defended you, but your only comment to Stark was "teehee, I'm not brave." Yet you still left your vote on him, so clearly you suspect him. You're trying to appease him with one hand but lynching him with the other. Are you still confident that Stark is the best lynch for today?

I left my vote to get an extra point of course :P But in the few hours we have remaining, I would change if needed to get a lynch.

I was being nice to those who I felt were nice to me. It is what I do :P

Yes, I still suspect Stark.

What do you mean by "too classic" and that you "saw it coming from miles away"? Are you implying there's something wrong with using a traditional method of finding scum? o.O Or that we should be subtle about who we're attacking?

Both of these seem to be quite scummy sentiments to me.

I didnt judge your method, I just said I found it funny as in amusing and sth which made me smile, Im not implying anything, you should lay off twisting my words so you could show them off as scummy and fishy.

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have next to no time for the rest of the day. I'll try to be back around before lynch, but I very much doubt I'll be able to.

In the small amount of back and forth we've had so far, this is the post that I dislike most. My experience of day one evil is often that they're more looking for something, anything, to say rather than looking for genuine clues, and somewhere, anywhere, to park their votes. That's what makes RP and role spec so attractive for them. The kind of one line attack above feels just like that to me. The first serious game post is obviously also the easiest post to attack, and Stark has done such a wishy washy job of it. There's nothing wrong with being either analytical (even "supposedly analytical") or pretentious in mafia. Stark hasn't even tried to invent substance for his attack, and finally it's aimed at poor old Yronwood who isn't exactly the riskiest person you could vote for just now.

All in all I'm pretty happy voting Stark just now.

hmmm lets see. You accuse me of going after easy targets? well thats what you just did, you are going off and not coming back for the end of the day but you still cast a vote on the same easiest target at the moment which is me and take off.If that isnt hypocrisy I wonder what is.

Yes I attacked the first serious post of the game, why? because you dont attack RP posts, RP is about jokin round and trying to get in to the game, so its stupid to attack RP posts you know its simple common sense. And why is Yronwood an easy target? Can you name who could I have voted for who was RISKY at that time? oh wait, you are going off and never coming back.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Amanda Frey, Eadweard Dondarrion, Francesca Cerwyn, Gareth Stark, Jez Tyrell, Keffer Botley, Ronald Kenning, Rose Tully, Rupert Martell, Siobhan Stokeworth, Stevie Yronwood, Thomas Hunt Stonetree, Veronica Lannister, Victor Erenford.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

3 votes for Gareth Stark (Keffer Botley, Francesca Cerwyn, Rose Tully)

3 votes for Stevie Yronwood (Victor Erenford, Ronald Kenning, Gareth Stark)

1 vote for Eadweard Dondarrion (Stevie Yronwood)

1 vote for Rose Tully (Eadweard Dondarrion)

1 vote for Rupert Martell (Veronica Lannister)

1 vote for Veronica Lannister (Thomas Hunt Stonetree)

1 vote for Victor Erenford (Siobhan Stokeworth)

3 players have not voted: Amanda Frey, Jez Tyrell, Rupert Martell.

Archived