GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

I didnt judge your method, I just said I found it funny as in amusing and sth which made me smile, Im not implying anything, you should lay off twisting my words so you could show them off as scummy and fishy.

They came across scummy and fishy.

What were your motivations for sharing your observations on my attack on you if it just made you smile?

hmmm lets see. You accuse me of going after easy targets? well thats what you just did, you are going off and not coming back for the end of the day but you still cast a vote on the same easiest target at the moment which is me and take off.If that isnt hypocrisy I wonder what is.

Yes I attacked the first serious post of the game, why? because you dont attack RP posts, RP is about jokin round and trying to get in to the game, so its stupid to attack RP posts you know its simple common sense. And why is Yronwood an easy target? Can you name who could I have voted for who was RISKY at that time? oh wait, you are going off and never coming back.

Attacking an easy target and laying a vote on the most likely lynch because you are off for the night and want to prevent a no-lynch are entirely different beasts.

And they never said they were never coming back. Seriously, this is a game. If right now is someone's bedtime, and they have to get up early for work / won't have time to post before the deadline, then that's fine. Remember, we're all in different timezones, all different ages, have different responsibilities. As long as people take mafia seriously when they ARE free, I think we can justify letting them sleep/eat/work/study too!

The problem isn't that there was a risky person to attack and you chose an easy one. The problem is you attacked what they perceive to have been an easy target, one that's easy and low risk to attack, as a way of looking more helpful / useful to the team.

Scum KNOW who's good and who's bad. Therefore it's harder for them to gauge who looks good and bad. As a result of this, it's an easy trap to fall into, attacking easy targets in order to not look passive.

Attacking an easy target and laying a vote on the most likely lynch because you are off for the night and want to prevent a no-lynch are entirely different beasts.

And they never said they were never coming back. Seriously, this is a game. If right now is someone's bedtime, and they have to get up early for work / won't have time to post before the deadline, then that's fine. Remember, we're all in different timezones, all different ages, have different responsibilities. As long as people take mafia seriously when they ARE free, I think we can justify letting them sleep/eat/work/study too!

The problem isn't that there was a risky person to attack and you chose an easy one. The problem is you attacked what they perceive to have been an easy target, one that's easy and low risk to attack, as a way of looking more helpful / useful to the team.

Scum KNOW who's good and who's bad. Therefore it's harder for them to gauge who looks good and bad. As a result of this, it's an easy trap to fall into, attacking easy targets in order to not look passive.

Now that you know your Mafia, you should close your eyes, open them again and apply the last two paragraphs of your post to Rose Tully. lets call it trying to get a fresh perspective-borrowed from Botley :D

Aren't you worried that if you bring attention to everything that happens, you risk people overlooking any serious points you try to bring to the table?

And thats one way to nail the bad guys, some ppl just overlook serious points, Evil players mostly overlook them on purpose.

Now that you know your Mafia, you should close your eyes, open them again and apply the last two paragraphs of your post to Rose Tully. lets call it trying to get a fresh perspective-borrowed from Botley :D

The difference is Tully is off for the night, so had to lay a vote and justify it.

Your attack on an easy victim didn't come as a back against the wall, choose someone to vote before bed act.

To me, there's a fair difference there. Now I'm not denying that you are an easy target. However, I am saying that you are still the best lead we have.

And thats one way to nail the bad guys, some ppl just overlook serious points, Evil players mostly overlook them on purpose.

Huh?

So evil players overlook them on purpose. Some people just overlook them.

Evil players will overlook them regardless. By making people more likely to overlook your serious points, you create a pool of innocents for the evils to hide in. :pirate:

Hint: Giving scum a group of innocents to camouflage in is BAD! :smoking:

edit: Yeah, I'm off to bed too. I'll try to post in the morning, but I have to go get some presents, so I might miss the deadline if I oversleep and can't get in some early morning mafia. :)

The difference is Tully is off for the night, so had to lay a vote and justify it.

Your attack on an easy victim didn't come as a back against the wall, choose someone to vote before bed act.

To me, there's a fair difference there. Now I'm not denying that you are an easy target. However, I am saying that you are still the best lead we have.

Huh?

So evil players overlook them on purpose. Some people just overlook them.

Evil players will overlook them regardless. By making people more likely to overlook your serious points, you create a pool of innocents for the evils to hide in. :pirate:

Hint: Giving scum a group of innocents to camouflage in is BAD! :smoking:

edit: Yeah, I'm off to bed too. I'll try to post in the morning, but I have to go get some presents, so I might miss the deadline if I oversleep and can't get in some early morning mafia. :)

omg now who can teach me how to play now? :bawl:

1-Cerwyn, when you get back, can you give your opinions on a player who isn't Stark? To be honest, I think you're starting to get a bit tunnel-visioned.

2-Stark, do you still suspect Yronwood?

--

Botley, I have no problem with being nice, but you seem to be using that as a substitute for scumhunting. Your only contribution so far was to vote Stark for attacking the first person to make a serious post. Since then, you've been letting your defenders do the work for you while staying out of the fray. Stark has posted lots in his defence and had interesting interactions with other players, but you haven't commented on any of it. Instead you went for jokes and safe topics like the definition of chainsaw defences. You just say "yes, I suspect him"--but you aren't attacking him or probing at him for the motives behind his Yronwood vote. All your responses are just quick one-liners and emoticons. You're not following through.

And yeah, gotta say, your defence did not inspire confidence in me. It didn't address any of my issues with you, and came across to me on a gut level as if you were nervous and trying to brush aside the accusations on you.

And again, can you respond to this:

Apparently I'm alone, but I find this post [your case on Stark] weird. It's one thing to dislike Stark's attack on Yronwood, but you're already willing to say that you'd have no problems with him being the day's lynch? Why are you so confident? And considering that the post you found fault with happened immediately before you posted, how are you offering a "fresh perspective" on him? (Unless you think that his RP spam was considerably scummier than everyone else's RP spam, that is.)

Is this a fair assessment of your original case on Stark?

Not me...it's holiday special time :P

See, this is an example of what I mean. Don't you suspect this guy? You respond to his posts to joke with him, but not to answer his arguments in his defence. It reads to me as if you didn't feel the need to contribute anymore after the bandwagon on him gathered steam.

Oh, hell. I was trying to save my vote, but I'll probably be asleep during the lynch, anyway.

Keffer Botley

1-Cerwyn, when you get back, can you give your opinions on a player who isn't Stark? To be honest, I think you're starting to get a bit tunnel-visioned.

2-Stark, do you still suspect Yronwood?

--

If you read that post of mine, I voted Yronwood to get him to talk, instead others zerged me and got me to talk so Yronwood went under radar, as a matter of fact alot of people flew under radar while I was being questioned endlessly and uselessly, thus there is not much ground for me to voice any serious suspicion, still Im not gonna move my vote till I see some contribution from Yronwood, I wish I could vote more than one to get all those lurkers to talk.

If you read that post of mine, I voted Yronwood to get him to talk, instead others zerged me and got me to talk so Yronwood went under radar, as a matter of fact alot of people flew under radar while I was being questioned endlessly and uselessly, thus there is not much ground for me to voice any serious suspicion, still Im not gonna move my vote till I see some contribution from Yronwood, I wish I could vote more than one to get all those lurkers to talk.

There is one thing I don't get. Why did you vote Yronwood to make him talk when he was the first person to post something serious? If anything, you should have voted for one of the lurkers or spam whores.

Stark to me seems like the player who says something stupid in day one and then gets attacked because there is nothing else to discuss at that point. His behavior so far reads more 'inexperienced' then 'evil.'

I agree with Amanda Frey that Botley's case on Stark is bizarre. He frames the case so it looks like Stark has a consistent posting pattern, but Stark had only one post outside of RP spam at that point. I know you have to reach for day one cases, but really?

EDIT: Just incase anyone thinks it's suspicious that I called out Botley and didn't vote for him I'm keeping my vote where it is unless I'm sure that we're going to get a lynch. Never know when those points will come in handy. :closedeyes:

Catching up on all the fun stuff from the past few hours.

While I dont have any problem with him attacking me, the fishy thing is that he claims he is coming with fresh thoughts but he vanishes after his post and vote. If I had fresh thoughts and had caught up with the thread after a long time I wouldnt just let go with a one paragraph post.

Gotta agree with Cerwyn that Stark's attack here on Botley is oppurtunistic and doesn't make much sense. It had only been about 30 min since Botley's post at that time, not a clear post and run yet.

It's pretty inane, yeah, though analytical and self-pretentious might be over-doing it.

Since, as the extremely appropriately named Francesca Cerwyn points out, there are no symps in this game, you can't be my symp, but I'll accept you as my replaceable henchman.

So anyway, lets keep piling those votes on Yronwood!

You may accuse him of something else, Stark, but without the excess of adjectives.

*goes back to his comfy armchair and scratches Mr. Bigglesworth's tummy*

He hasn't caught any flack for it, but I think it's weird how Erenford pops in to praise Stark for attacking Yronwood, but doesn't comment on anything else that Botley, Stark, or Cerwyn had said.

Also Erenford, why are you so obsessed with Yronwood and not talking about anything else at all?

Never mind it aint something worth arguing over more anyway.

I agree with Cerwyn that Stark is suspicious for trying to end the conversation, b/c scum hate the spotlight.

Apparently I'm alone, but I find this post weird. It's one thing to dislike Stark's attack on Yronwood, but you're already willing to say that you'd have no problems with him being the day's lynch? Why are you so confident? And considering that the post you found fault with happened immediately before you posted, how are you offering a "fresh perspective" on him? (Unless you think that his RP spam was considerably scummier than everyone else's RP spam, that is.)

I like most of what Frey has postd lately except for one thing, which is her claim that Botly is confident in Stark being guilty, when all Botley said was that he would be okay with a Stark lynch. That doesn't sound like super-confidence to me.

Botley, I have no problem with being nice, but you seem to be using that as a substitute for scumhunting. Your only contribution so far was to vote Stark for attacking the first person to make a serious post. Since then, you've been letting your defenders do the work for you while staying out of the fray. Stark has posted lots in his defence and had interesting interactions with other players, but you haven't commented on any of it. Instead you went for jokes and safe topics like the definition of chainsaw defences. You just say "yes, I suspect him"--but you aren't attacking him or probing at him for the motives behind his Yronwood vote. All your responses are just quick one-liners and emoticons. You're not following through.

And yeah, gotta say, your defence did not inspire confidence in me. It didn't address any of my issues with you, and came across to me on a gut level as if you were nervous and trying to brush aside the accusations on you.

I think this is a good point about Botley, why is he not engaging in any of the debate. His post led to a bunch of discusion but he just floats by it all.

Catching up on all the fun stuff from the past few hours.

Gotta agree with Cerwyn that Stark's attack here on Botley is oppurtunistic and doesn't make much sense. It had only been about 30 min since Botley's post at that time, not a clear post and run yet.

I agree with Cerwyn that Stark is suspicious for trying to end the conversation, b/c scum hate the spotlight.

Please, atleast read the whole thing then judge,I explained my reason for that post fully go read it cause I hate repeating myself.Secondly Im the proud spotlit guy here and I like it.

Gah, sorry for the absence. I guess this just means I'm not racking up any points and am likely to get killed or something. Need to catch up but I also need to eat something, so I'll be back shortly with more of my laser-sharp insight.

Yeah, first serious post is an easy target, I know. I never claimed it was analytical or super super insightful, just letting all know where I stand. We've had semi-cutthroat games before (two innocent teams) and we mostly ended up working together, but not entirely. For now I prefer to treat it as a regular game to the extent I can and find the killers.

I don't get how making the first serious post makes you a serious easy target for anything other than non-serious votes which are usually easy to argue off. But that's just me. I skimmed and saw there was a brouhaha over this, so I'll address that soon.

Please, atleast read the whole thing then judge,I explained my reason for that post fully go read it cause I hate repeating myself.Secondly Im the proud spotlit guy here and I like it.

Oh I read it, but I didn't buy it. The post still looks suspicious to me.

Also are you trying to hide your alt or do you really write like that. You are hurting my brain.

edited to follow the alt rules, not asking you to reveal your alt or anything like that.

Oh I read it, but I didn't buy it. The post still looks suspicious to me.

Also are you trying to hide your alt or do you really write like that. You are hurting my brain.

edited to follow the alt rules, not asking you to reveal your alt or anything like that.

And how am I hurting your brain mate? I can assure you I havent put any effort into hiding my alt.

Archived