GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

If you read that post of mine, I voted Yronwood to get him to talk, instead others zerged me and got me to talk so Yronwood went under radar, as a matter of fact alot of people flew under radar while I was being questioned endlessly and uselessly, thus there is not much ground for me to voice any serious suspicion, still Im not gonna move my vote till I see some contribution from Yronwood, I wish I could vote more than one to get all those lurkers to talk.

Your vote placement makes more sense as a joke vote then as a prompter, since Yronwood's post was one of the first with serious content. Did the pressure get to you and make you claim more of this vote then what it really was. I could see you as an innocent backed into a corner if this was the case but you're not making it easy.

If you read that post of mine, I voted Yronwood to get him to talk, instead others zerged me and got me to talk so Yronwood went under radar, as a matter of fact alot of people flew under radar while I was being questioned endlessly and uselessly, thus there is not much ground for me to voice any serious suspicion, still Im not gonna move my vote till I see some contribution from Yronwood, I wish I could vote more than one to get all those lurkers to talk.

So the vote is not for pretentiousness and is instead because I am a dirty lurker? K. Honestly, the whole thing between Stark and Cerwyn looks like typical 'nothing else to do on Day 1 so lets poke and see what happens'. (Like Stonetree said) Cerwyn may have been a bit tunnel visioned, but I found myself agreeing in his reactions to Stark for the most part. Overall I don't suspect Stark of being anything more than a bit snarky, but since we're neck and neck, damn straight I'll vote for him.

A couple of people have called out Botley, but this post pretty much sums it up for me:

I think this is a good point about Botley, why is he not engaging in any of the debate. His post led to a bunch of discusion but he just floats by it all.

I could vote for Stark or Botley at this point, but right now I'm laying it on Erenford. Yes it's OMGUS, but it's also the fact that he hasn't contributed anything except salivating over the two points he's going to get by lynching me. You don't want to give him the satisfaction (and point lead), now do you? :P

And already we are seeing how the points are warping the game. I don't know how much this is going to effect it and how much we will have to adjust our playstyle.

EDIT: Just incase anyone thinks it's suspicious that I called out Botley and didn't vote for him I'm keeping my vote where it is unless I'm sure that we're going to get a lynch. Never know when those points will come in handy. :closedeyes:

Stark to me seems like the player who says something stupid in day one and then gets attacked because there is nothing else to discuss at that point. His behavior so far reads more 'inexperienced' then 'evil.'

I agree with Amanda Frey that Botley's case on Stark is bizarre. He frames the case so it looks like Stark has a consistent posting pattern, but Stark had only one post outside of RP spam at that point. I know you have to reach for day one cases, but really?

EDIT: Just incase anyone thinks it's suspicious that I called out Botley and didn't vote for him I'm keeping my vote where it is unless I'm sure that we're going to get a lynch. Never know when those points will come in handy. :closedeyes:

I tend to agree with your assessment of Stark. Botley has successfully started the ball rolling on his lynch but has said next to nothing about anybody else. I would like know who else Botley finds suspicious.

I think that although the FM are playing as individuals they will still act together to reduce numbers in the beginning. I'd like to have a look at the people on Starks lynch mob, because if he's innocent we might find a couple of FM in there. It is a case based on very little that has gained momentum and it doesn't sit well with me.

edit: shameful misuse of the word incredible

What should he have done? You replied with an "oh well, let me swing", no-one else had really commented on it...

He's attacking you on one single point on day 1. Unless someone defends you, how can he attack you with more vigour than one post?

This looks like quite an opportunistic snipey post.

Clarification on whose post looks snipey? I think you mean Stark, since you later voted for him, but I'll just ask anyway.

I think I have all the arguments sorted out now, and Stark comes out looking vaguely suspicious, but there are a few things that I find inconsistent with how a FM might behave. On top of that, I find Botley more and more suspicious even though I don't like the term "chainsaw" either.

The main thing I dislike about Botley is not the whole chainsaw thing, but that they seem nonplussed about any of the attacks against them. It's fairly clear from Cerwyn's posts, for instance, that a "chainsaw" is not a good thing, but even after the term is defined for Botley, they don't seem all that bothered about defending themself against this accusation. Some people really like to go after defensive people, and that's valid, but I'm a little concerned about Botley's lack of defensiveness. The fact that Frey had to follow up with, "Answer this question please," and Botley's answer of "Well, I like voting for Stark, it gives me points if he's lynched" isn't very reassuring. You can give "I wanted points from a lynch" as answer to any question of why you're voting for someone.

Anyway, yeah. No real new insights here. I'm just paranoid, because one of the lynch mobs is on someone who is overdefensive (Stark) [ETA: On second thought, maybe Stark isn't overdefensive, he is using the argument "live and let live, mmkay?" an awful lot] and the other is on someone who seems to want to be a crowd-pleaser and ignore/brush off questioning (Botley.)

I might as well admit now that had I known this would be every person for themself: the game, I would have been less likely to sign up because I can't see myself winning. Hell, I don't even see myself getting many points. I'll be happy with an innocent winning the game, but I don't think it'll be me because I don't have enough time to spam.

I might as well admit now that had I known this would be every person for themself: the game, I would have been less likely to sign up because I can't see myself winning. Hell, I don't even see myself getting many points. I'll be happy with an innocent winning the game, but I don't think it'll be me because I don't have enough time to spam.

I agree actually. I am not the one who is willing to maximize and sacrifice the game for an extra point. I mean, I won't avoid them obviously, but that line of reasoning and not moving votes to max out possible points is not my thing. Having said that, it's mafia, so it's all good :)

By the way, is there a Coroner Finder? This is important to me while I consider my strategy should I make it to endgame. I want to know if it's safe for me to play sidekick to another innocent and help them win the game, or if they might turn out to be a snake, backstab me, and laugh after the FM win, rather than giving me the proper thanks I'd be due as their mercenary friend. :P

By the way, is there a Coroner Finder? This is important to me while I consider my strategy should I make it to endgame. I want to know if it's safe for me to play sidekick to another innocent and help them win the game, or if they might turn out to be a snake, backstab me, and laugh after the FM win, rather than giving me the proper thanks I'd be due as their mercenary friend. :P

No CF that I saw in the write up.

There has to be a CF b/c we get points for lynching a FM and not lynching an innocent. The mods have to let us know our number of points.

I debated on mentioning this before tomorrow on the off chance the FM hadn't thought of this, but yeah - I see the point system as being an indirect CF. I assumed it wouldn't be stated in the thread, but the people who gained points could confirm inno/gulty status. I asked King Wayne when the points would be distributed (end of day or next day) but haven't heard a response yet. I would assume as soon as lynch goes through so they could be spent that night.

Gone back over everything and still come around to Botley, Erenford, and Stark as the best lynch choices today. Botley and Erenford mostly because of how they posted during the Stark & Cerwyn debate but didn't really comment on anything, which makes me feel they wanted to avoid getting dragged into a serious discussion. Stark because of his attempt to end the discussion.

I'm going to vote for Botley. The behavior of him and Erenford strikes me as the worst, and Erenford gets a pass for a day because I waant him to answer why he's obsessed with Yronwood.

Off to sleep in a drunken stupor!

Aw, I'd much rather you'd voted for Erenford. I'm pretty sure his obsession about me is centered on him wanting extra points if i am lynched (first vote, not moved his vote). Other than that, he has done nothing other than making sure he is seen occasionally. It may even be a valid strategy this game, but it's not one I like.

On that note - be careful laying a pen-ultimate vote. You know people are going to de-lurk to lay the hammer and grab the point before anyone can reconsider.

I see you've got three main suspects during my absence? Of those three, I don't want to lynch Stark. He is grandly overdefensive, yes, but as somebody said in previous game, overdefensiveness is common thing among innocents and bad reason to lynch.

Cases on Botley and Erenford are identical, so I just leave my vote where it luckily is.

I had to go back and look at where your vote was, and it was Erenford. Happy as that should make me :P if the lynch is successful, then you'd be getting the points I want to deny Erenford. What to do, what to do ...

You've been gone for most of the day, missing all of the fun. Between Erenford and Botley, which do you think is the more compelling case? (taking out your stake in points from the equation)

Well ... I won't be back before the end of day vote, so am looking at Stark and Botley as realistic lynches. Between the two, I prefer to keep Stark around, so Botley it is. His behavior is purposefully unhelpful and vague ... that's all I got. I have no read on him and my read on Stark tips slightly towards positive.

One more thing quick before I go. This caught my attention on a re-read:

I think that although the FM are playing as individuals they will still act together to reduce numbers in the beginning. I'd like to have a look at the people on Starks lynch mob, because if he's innocent we might find a couple of FM in there. It is a case based on very little that has gained incredible momentum and it doesn't sit well with me.

As far as I know, there are 3 votes total on Stark right now. Are you thinking there are already a couple of FM there?

1-Cerwyn, when you get back, can you give your opinions on a player who isn't Stark? To be honest, I think you're starting to get a bit tunnel-visioned.

Short on time (speed posting / speed catching up), but I've already given my opinion on Botley, then revised it in light of targ-based evidence (no symps, killers arent a team so dont need to distance OR protect each other). Other than that, everything else so far has been based on Stark or interactions with stark.

I'm not being tunnel visioned, but when all posts are by stark or based on what stark's doing, I've not got a great deal to go on. :-p

My biggest opinion is that there were 7 or 8 people lurking last night, but only two or three posting. I'd expect people to point hunt. The only ones with no real incentive to do so yet are killers, who can't use points yet anyway. Therefore I feel mildly better about everyone who was active, especially those posting a lot... Namely Stark. I still feel his stuff doesn't add up though, and as of this post i'm replying to he is/was the best option.

One more thing quick before I go. This caught my attention on a re-read:

As far as I know, there are 3 votes total on Stark right now. Are you thinking there are already a couple of FM there?

It's possible. Both Fracesca and Botley have come into the game late and focused completely on Stark, which is interesting. They have essentially arrived and proceeded to steer a lynch in his direction.

As I stated earlier, the FM are probably supporting each other atm to reduce the player pool so I still think its useful to look for links and Frankie and Botley share similarities, both in their lateness to the game and their choice of target. Could they have been late because they were talking strategy elsewhere and why are both so fixed on Stark?

I'm inclined to go with Botley, who is more suspicious to me than Stark or Erenford.

Seeing as I won't be here for the rest of the day probably, and that a lot of our players will be asleep for the lynch I'd assume, I think it's time to sacrifice a point in the interest of getting a lynch. I hate day 1 no lynches.

Therefore Botley it is. I didn't pick up on how strange botley's lack of reaction to my accusation was, probably because Stark's reactions to everything were so scummy. Still, it seems today isn't Stark's day, so the dog gets to bark again tomorrow. :-p

Short on time (speed posting / speed catching up), but I've already given my opinion on Botley, then revised it in light of targ-based evidence (no symps, killers arent a team so dont need to distance OR protect each other). Other than that, everything else so far has been based on Stark or interactions with stark.

I'm not being tunnel visioned, but when all posts are by stark or based on what stark's doing, I've not got a great deal to go on. :-p

My biggest opinion is that there were 7 or 8 people lurking last night, but only two or three posting. I'd expect people to point hunt. The only ones with no real incentive to do so yet are killers, who can't use points yet anyway. Therefore I feel mildly better about everyone who was active, especially those posting a lot... Namely Stark. I still feel his stuff doesn't add up though, and as of this post i'm replying to he is/was the best option.

What exactly does this mean, are you saying that you feel better about Stark but are leaving your vote on him nonetheless, if so why?

Archived