GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

I'm having serious technical problems and don't think I'll manage to get a word in from my computer, the board crashes every other page I try to load, making re-reads or even catching up impossible. I'm okay with healing Yronwood, even if I think he's scum.

I've had someone PM Ran for me and will try to post from work tomorrow.

My apologies.

One more thought: if I was a killer, now I'd target randomly Cerwyn or Tyrrel or Erenford hoping their healer would be too egoistic to save own points for personal win.

What makes these 3 particular players, or their healers, stand out?

Also, Cerwyn, you never explained that remark about player A being able to shield himself 5 times instead of buying a vig kill. Care to elaborate?

ETA: Omitted a few words.

What makes these 3 particular players, or their healers?

Also, Cerwyn, you never explained that remark about player A being able to shield himself 5 times instead of buying a vig kill. Care to elaborate?

It was my mistaken belief that a self heal / shield was 1 point. Why? The font for 4 and 1 looked similar to me. Dumb, yeah.

My point still stands that it would require one player to be selfless, and almost certainly die, so was a bad plan. This is a good plan. :P

If you really thought it was that cheap, why didn't you attempt to shield yourself on night 1? You were among the likely NKs.

Because I was focussed on the end game, getting together enough points to play a shield and vig-kill strategy. Points don't necessarily come easy, and as one of the top 2 posters I thought I'd be a risky choice to kill anyway.

Because I was focussed on the end game, getting together enough points to play a shield and vig-kill strategy. Points don't necessarily come easy, and as one of the top 2 posters I thought I'd be a risky choice to kill anyway.

Why? Because you'd be healed? Barring a plan like the one we currently have, there is no reason for anyone to heal anyone in this kind of game.

Plus, didn't it seem too cheap to you? And weird that it was separated from the heal, which especially stated that you can't heal yourself? There'd be no reason for that if the price was same.

Well, I pretty much copy and pasted this to Targaryen in a PM: "Kenning heals Cerwyn, or Erenford if Cerwyn is lyncehed." Except I fixed the typo. Also added a note that I'm afraid of the people who already have more than one point, if they are evil, guarding someone and killing anyway.

One more thought: if I was a killer, now I'd target randomly Cerwyn or Tyrrel or Erenford hoping their healer would be too egoistic to save own points for personal win. I hope we all play in team (except those evil ones) regardless of what mods say?

I find it really hilarious that you picked me as one of the people who is supposedly too selfish to heal someone else, considering I was the first person to admit that I disliked the idea of going for a personal win, have no time to play that game anyway, and will be satisfied enough if the innocent team wins. :rolleyes:

I don't think anybody did spam here. But if a person acually loss that two points, he evidently should confess.

No-one has lost points - many of you spammed, but in my opinion, none did so simply to earn points.

Just install Firefox. :)

Targ uses IE :pirate:

REQUEST FOR MODS: Could you please at least post an end of the day vote count before someone is lynched? It's a vital piece of information for people to quote, and not having it is annoying. (Also a list of who's still alive in the morning.)

We will in future, i just had no time earlier today. Sorry

I actually also sort of liked the first plan, and was going to point out a few positive aspects to it, but got distracted by an awesome lunch.

Targ wishes to know what Martell had for lunch. Targ is hungry, and has several personal chefs on hand ready to cook whatever Targ desires. If Martell does not share information, Martell will be lunch.

I understand what you are saying but I'm sure we can figure out a way around it.

I never sent anything into the mods about my points last night, and they didn't wait to hear from me. They ended night after only 90 minutes. Maybe we can ask them to wait to hear from everyone (or for the full 8 hours to pass) tonight?

Organise it, sure. I'd suggest that we ask the mods for verification of how it'd work though, so we can just pull out / not spend our points if it does seem impossible to work out without knowing who's going to be lynched. :-p

PS. yes, this is an official request for Targ to tell us how he'd treat an attempt to delay night while we all get our actions in. Would he allow us to all just buy a heal, but not specify who yet? Or to delay night until we've all had a chance to act?

Since the only proper role in the game is the FM, this is the only night action we will wait for. Sorry, but it just makes life considerably easier for us. Provisionals are your friend in every game, but your best friend in this one. You have enough time in the day to figure it out; if you are that precious about it, decide on the lynch in 28 rather than 35 hours then use the remaining 7 hours to sort yourselves out with points and provisionals.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Eadweard Dondarrion, Francesca Cerwyn, Gareth Stark, Jez Tyrell, Ronald Kenning, Rose Tully, Rupert Martell, Siobhan Stokeworth, Stevie Yronwood, Thomas Hunt Stonetree, Veronica Lannister, Victor Erenford.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Gareth Stark (Rose Tully, Francesca Cerwyn)

1 vote for Francesca Cerwyn (Victor Erenford)

9 players have not voted: Eadweard Dondarrion, Gareth Stark, Jez Tyrell, Ronald Kenning, Rupert Martell, Siobhan Stokeworth, Stevie Yronwood, Thomas Hunt Stonetree, Veronica Lannister.

Also added a note that I'm afraid of the people who already have more than one point, if they are evil, guarding someone and killing anyway.

No, the plan is solid. The FM can't use their points until there is only one of them remaining.

ETA: Obviously this plan stops working once there is only one FM left.

Two joke votes don't make someone an easy target. If your vote is going to be a serious one, you still have to give it substance or look suspicious (as Stark did). Was there a case on Yronwood that I missed? A bandwagon Stark jumped on to?

There was no case and no bandwagon and I see you still suffer from selective reading. In fact, in the quote you're replying to I didn't even call Yronwood an easy target, just an easier target than those around him, which I still consider to be undeniable. But I actually did mean something a little stronger than that. I meant that he was as easy a target as you were likely to find at that point in the game. It's true that the votes on him were jokes, although you made it pretty clear that it would take a compelling case to drag you away from Yronwood and the points you'd get. I don't blame you for that, but it means your vote provided a little more cover than a simple joke might have. Still, joke or not, it is more appealing for an FM to one vote among a group than to be voting alone.

Tully, how do you feel about Tyrell? He went for the hammer, something you said you expected from a FM.

I know he's done other things since then that make him look innocent, like coming up with these plans to help the innocents. But I'm surprised you didn't mention any suspicion of him earlier (unless I missed it).

You're right, Tyrell was in a healthy position for an FM and I probably would have followed it up if I'd had more time to post yesterday. That said, I have real difficulty seeing Tyrell as guilty at this point.

So first you said that you think the FM will be playing to deny innocents points and gather their own points. But later you say that you think points are a distant second concern for them. I know those two statements aren't entirely mutually exclusive, but it does look to be a contradiction to some extent. If you think they are concerned about points, then you should be thinking over my speculation, not just shoving it off to the side like you did.

Your speculation could be perfectly correct. My problem with it was where to take from where you left off? Obviously it applies best to vote analysis but vote analysis tends to rely on a lot of assumptions to begin with and I don't see introducing more as helpful. Also, I agree with Cerwyn's response to my own musing on points. The FM will get points where they can, and deny innocents points where they can, but probably not at the price of looking suspicious. I see something like Erenford and Tyrell's game of chicken as a place where an FM might play for points if they think they can get away with it. They may even be aware that getting more innocents to vote innocent is a good thing for them. Generally playing to get innocents to vote innocent without voting themselves? That sounds like risky play to me.

Shit. Gareth Stark is fifteen minutes away from a modkill.

ETA: wait a minute. The rules don't explicitly say anything about modkills for inactivity. Um...if Stark doesn't post before 11:17 PM EST, can he stop posting and wait for Reddy to wake up? I don't know if this game has 24-hour modkill limits.

ETA2: Never mind. The board time wasn't set to daylight savings time, so he actually passed his limit forty-five minutes ago. Gareth Stark is currently hanging in limbo until a real mod wakes up to make a decision.

Hope Stark is well - flu is such crap.

Well, it's possible we will get out info about Stark without having to lynch him.

People not checked in/confirmed Healing Circle so far - Stark, Dondarrion, Kenning.

I was trying to get an idea of what our votes would look like if this were a regular game, but bugger that - it's difficult. I think Stark would be firmly in the lead.

*waits to see if Stark lives*

.... or not. Just saw Targ's post. Well crap. It's not bad enough that the game has been sidetracked by game mechanics so that nearly no progress has been made today on finding the killers, now we wait in limbo to find out Stark's fate.

Sorry. Normally, I'd modkill him, but since the rules don't say anything about modkilling for inactivity, my hands are kind of tied. I know everyone takes it for granted that we have 24-hour modkill limits, but technically, I can't modkill someone for a rule that isn't stated in the thread. :dunno:

Archived