GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

Tyrell, are you so sure we are allowed to give our points to each other? Why? I never asked mods, but I am quite sure I won't allow this in an individual game.

And... could you stop suggesting plans and suggest a lynch instead? Who you think is better suspect than yourself?

Ok, I have another plan, since people seem to dislike my first one.

There will be 11 of us tonight. We'll split into 5 healing pairs, and one player will protect himself. If anyone dies, that means his healing partner is an FM. This plan, although it takes far less points (one a player), requires full cooperation.

I really feel we should take advantage of the game mechanics.

Actually, I really like this plan. It drastically increases our chances. One little suggestion: the lone player should purchase notebook of Gregor Clegane. Cheaper and effectively the same.

Those who refuse this plan and do not provide some serious flaw in the plan or some other reason for it, become my next lynches.

Tyrell currently looks best. This effectively neutralises the FM's killing powers. He will recieve my heal tonight because this drastically increases chance of him getting NK.

So, I re-read Frey, and it's quite clear why she died.

The primary reason was that Frey was intelligent, reasonable, asked good questions, wasn't afraid of launching a case... In other words, she was dangerous. So the killers took her out before she took one of them out.

Very possibly.

Now, she attacked three people. Firstly, she asked quite a few questions to Stark. Then she attacked Botley, who I dare say we can rule out as her killer! Finally, she also slightly attacked me, calling me tunnel-visioned on Stark.

I don't find Frey's suspicions on you so slight. She found plenty of your logic quite dubious. I think a Frey kill makes more sense for you than for Stark, actually.

Yronwood may be neither poor nor little, but he did have the most votes on him at the time which provides some cover for an FM and, yes, makes him an easier target than those around him. He wasn't in danger of being lynched, but not every FM vote is placed with the intention of lynching someone.

Two joke votes don't make someone an easy target. If your vote is going to be a serious one, you still have to give it substance or look suspicious (as Stark did). Was there a case on Yronwood that I missed? A bandwagon Stark jumped on to?

Anybody think that the FM have a motivation to not vote for innocents, especially once they see the momentum going against one? If there were 14 of us, it takes 8 to lynch, and the ball is rolling against an innocent, the FM would prefer to have those 8 spots filled up by innocent players who could then not get a point (for not lynching an innocent). And on the reverse, at least some of the 6 points going to people who were able to stay off the mob would go to FM instead of innocents.

The problem with this theory is the question of opportunity, because not everyone is always around to even have a chance to vote. And I'm not sure how it weighs against them wanting to get a lynch and wanting to blend in. But still its something to think about.

I think this is a fair point, though we must take into consideration that the FM also have to contribute to stay in the game, meaning they'll have to attack someone. They'll also probably try to distance from their partners to fool the CF.

I can notice game play I don't like (Botley) while still having no read on them (guilty/innocent). Botely was pretty neutral on that scale, thus a better lynch from my perspective. And if by 'quickly changed my vote' you mean 3 hours and no support later right before I left for the night, then yeah. It was 'quickly'.

What do you mean by 'game play you don't like'? As for the quickness issue, I just looked at the placement of the post in relation to Martell's. At an inactive time of day it might have been 3 hours, though.

I don't have much time now, so two things I want to bring up. There has been talk about FM wanting points, and whoever said they would rather focus on denying innocent points is dead on. People like Erenford who were pushing a very viable lynch (me) with a first vote or positioning for the hammer are going to gain some suspicion from me. I know innocents want points too, so it's not a sure thing, but something to add in the equation.

I joke voted for you at the beginning of the day and kept the joke up during the RP phase, but that doesn't make you a very viable lynch... The only serious vote you ever got was Stark's, and that didn't end up well for him. As for the point thing, if innocents should want points too then why is it suspicious? Don't we want healers, guards and vigs? You seem to be making poor excuses for yourself.

Ok, I have another plan, since people seem to dislike my first one.

I like your plans.

I currently suspect Cerwyn for jumping on the Frey re-read, benefiting from her death and coming right back to Stark with no further ado (you could let him have a say, or something...). I'm also not happy with the people who are trying to find Stark's FM partners without getting a CF on Stark first. I don't like Yronwood or Tully either.

The only problem I can see with the "all heal each other" plan is if any of us have lost 2 points for spam, yet haven't gained a point elsewhere.

Spam aside, we have all made 1 post, so have the 1 point to spend on a heal.

re: Erenford's claim that I was Frey's main suspect and the one who most benefited from her death...

Please provide quotes, as I missed that part. :smoking: If I had felt I was a stronger candidate than Stark based on her death, I would have said so. So yeah, I'd love to see how you came to that reasoning. :)

Triple post... The board is being seriously dodgy with Chrome, I'm getting an "Oops this link apears to be broken" message 2 out of 3 times I try to do something...

Off topic: check your settings or something. I'm using it with a fresh install of chrome, and it's running like a dream. I don't LIKE the new board, but no actual performance issues.

The only problem I can see with the "all heal each other" plan is if any of us have lost 2 points for spam, yet haven't gained a point elsewhere.

I don't think anybody did spam here. But if a person acually loss that two points, he evidently should confess.

So, is anyone actually against using a point to ensure we either catch a killer or have no night kill? If not, lets get Tyrell to split us into groups of 2. As he said, it makes no difference who does it.

Whichever of us has their "heal partner" lynched should instead spend the night shielding themselves, or it's a real waste as they will be targeted instead, winning us nothing. :-p

I don't think anybody did spam here. But if a person acually loss that two points, he evidently should confess.

We won't know we lost them until we ask how many points we have, would we? Still, I agree that no-one is likely to have lost 2 points really.

Shield costs four points.

Balls.

In that case, this is useless.

If a killer is the odd man out, no-one dies. Therefore by not killing, the killers ensure we lynch the odd man out, whoever he is, however guilty he is.

Unless they just kill him.

So if we follow the plan, we're left with a dead odd man out, or a living odd man out we HAVE to lynch, but could well be innocent.

Kenning, what are the things about Stark that you find inconsistent with FM behavior?

Even though Stark kept saying "Don't hate me bro" after, for instance, Cerwyn started questioning them, they never moved his vote from Yronwood, a lynch that was unlikely to actually go anywhere. They didn't vote for Botley (unless I missed a post somewhere), who looked like they were becoming the alternative lynch target. They didn't even really attack Cerwyn. Yesterday I thought that Botley looked like they were trying to charm/ignore their way out of a lynch while still pushing for another suspect, which looked suspicious to me.

I don't think placing a vote on someone because they made the first serious vote is particularly evil behavior either. Someone always seems to do that, and they're not always evil, so I can't universally classify it as "looking for an easy target" behavior.

Also, since I'm not evil, I obviously think the Stark-Dondarrion-Kenning theory is bogus, and I can assure Cerwyn that no one will be buying him any drinks in the spoilers.

REQUEST FOR MODS: Could you please at least post an end of the day vote count before someone is lynched? It's a vital piece of information for people to quote, and not having it is annoying. (Also a list of who's still alive in the morning.)

Why do we have to have an odd person out? Why can't we just have 4 pairs and 1 group of 3? (Edit: A&B heal each other, C&D, E&F, G&H, and I heals J heals K heals I.) Or everyone heals the person one down from them on the list. It should in theory work the same way. I doubt anyone will actually die if we use this scheme, because what killer would be stupid enough to out one of their own in exchange for an innocent death. But it's worth a shot, because having all the deaths be lynches is way better for catching killers than allowing night kills.

Why do we have to have an odd person out? Why can't we just have 4 pairs and 1 group of 3? (Edit: A&B heal each other, C&D, E&F, G&H, and I heals J heals K heals I.) Or everyone heals the person one down from them on the list. It should in theory work the same way. I doubt anyone will actually die if we use this scheme, because what killer would be stupid enough to out one of their own in exchange for an innocent death. But it's worth a shot, because having all the deaths be lynches is way better for catching killers than allowing night kills.

The problem here is we can only sort it out AFTER we've lynched, but before the end of night.

With the pairs, whoever's partner gets lynched has drawn the short straw.

So unless we agree now we are 100% definitely lynching [person], we can't arrange the 3 man, as we don't know who won't be here.

edit: and all player have to get their heals in by the end of night... Plus remember, the killers can end night seconds after the lynch if they want to.

Balls.

In that case, this is useless.

If a killer is the odd man out, no-one dies. Therefore by not killing, the killers ensure we lynch the odd man out, whoever he is, however guilty he is.

Unless they just kill him.

So if we follow the plan, we're left with a dead odd man out, or a living odd man out we HAVE to lynch, but could well be innocent.

Tyrell has 4 points, unless he used some last night. 1 post, 20 posts, hammer vote, and never changed his vote.

So he should be able to just heal himself, and the rest of us can match up with each other.

I like the plan. I actually also sort of liked the first plan, and was going to point out a few positive aspects to it, but got distracted by an awesome lunch. Not sure it's worth mentioning those points now, since it's probably best to just to stick with this plan, because if we can stop the FM from ever killing, it buys us a ton of time.

Tyrell has 4 points, unless he used some last night. 1 post, 20 posts, hammer vote, and never changed his vote.

So he should be able to just heal himself, and the rest of us can match up with each other.

I like the plan. I actually also sort of liked the first plan, and was going to point out a few positive aspects to it, but got distracted by an awesome lunch. Not sure it's worth mentioning those points now, since it's probably best to just to stick with this plan, because if we can stop the FM from ever killing, it buys us a ton of time.

You miss the point. If we team up now, there's an even number of us. Once someone is lynched, it goes odd. We then have to arrange it so that tyrell is the odd man out, and all send in our heals, before the killers fire off a quick "Kill soandso" and the mods end night.

Why do we have to have an odd person out? Why can't we just have 4 pairs and 1 group of 3? (Edit: A&B heal each other, C&D, E&F, G&H, and I heals J heals K heals I.) Or everyone heals the person one down from them on the list.

Ok, it's better. This way, we pay 12 points for having no kill next night and, therefore, winning an extra day.

Cerwyn - I don't think mods would end a night before receiving notices from every player having some points to do something.

Archived