GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

Hey Stonetree-- call off your vigilantes. I don't want you dying. I think I'll just heal you instead.

By the way, having the Gregor's Notebook be unblockable? That's a bogus rule that I totally disagree with. There was nothing in the original rules that stated that only some night actions would be unblockable, with the exception of the suicide jacket since that works during the day. A guard has always blocked all night actions; for instance, if a FM is also a FM-vig or something, and the last one remaining, the guard action has worked against both. (Note: This would mean that a guard would also block against people's heals even though they are worth less.) Not that I blame Mina, but I came up with my plan based off what I don't think were outlandish interpretations of ANY of the roles. All of them were things you could purchase and thus night actions. For instance, the binoculars? Those are an 'object' and should still have been guardable. The role list say "These points can then be spent on transient roles, in order to kill off the competition." Role implies something that you do.

P.S. Again, not Mina's fault, but if mods are making clarifications on roles, why aren't they posted in the thread? (This refers to HT's note on the suicide jacket and Gregor's notebook.)

Like I said before, BP is also a role, and I don't believe that has even been guardable... or am I wrong? The notebook isn't BP exactly but it is passive. The RP explanation for a guard has always been that they prevent the person from going off and doing things, but the notebookee isn't doing anything to be prevented unless someone comes to them.

Maybe we should make the heals circular with Lannister and Lannister should also send in a random vig to on one of those two to keep them honest. I think we can trust Lannister for tonight, since we need to be the larger voting block come morning.

Oh this is BS. Keeping us honest? FFS. I have been extremely forthright about my actions in this game. I even announced on Day 1 that if I remained alive in the endgame, that I would try to team up with someone. Then after all the FM were toast, I announced my intention to team up with Stonetree, or whoever came along next and was convenient to buddy up with. Did I ever say, "Yeah, in endgame, I'm going to try to try to keep all the other innocents alive?"

Like I said before, BP is also a role, and I don't believe that has even been guardable... or am I wrong? The notebook isn't BP exactly but it is passive. The RP explanation for a guard has always been that they prevent the person from going off and doing things, but the notebookee isn't doing anything to be prevented unless someone comes to them.

Yeah, but being bulletproof usually isn't something you can purchase and then use, it's a role you have the whole game. The way the night actions are written has always made it seem like you buy an action, and then you use it at night when you need to. e.g. "4 – one vig kill, to be used whenever you wish". So in theory, I could buy a vig kill with my points now, but not redeem that vigilante gift certificate until tomorrow night.

This is why I always spell out the effects of one role on another in my games in the rules. <_<

Oh this is BS. Keeping us honest? FFS. I have been extremely forthright about my actions in this game. I even announced on Day 1 that if I remained alive in the endgame, that I would try to team up with someone. Then after all the FM were toast, I announced my intention to team up with Stonetree, or whoever came along next and was convenient to buddy up with. Did I ever say, "Yeah, in endgame, I'm going to try to try to keep all the other innocents alive?"

I'm sorry, I wasn't questioning your word and I hold absolutely no grudge for anything you've decided to do. I just don't want you to decide that since we're all guarding/healing you can save your points and have a bigger cache tomorrow when we've spent ours. If your saying that at this point I should trust that your going to do exactly what you tell us your going to do, when we're essentially the enemy now, then I don't think that's reasonable. Whatever is said on the board there is at least a chance that the player will actually do something different and since Dondarrion and I don't appear to be a threat to you why should you spend any points at all? Lannister, and the chance that either Donarrion or I don't do what we've said we will are the obvious answers.

Hey Stonetree-- call off your vigilantes. I don't want you dying. I think I'll just heal you instead.

By the way, having the Gregor's Notebook be unblockable? That's a bogus rule that I totally disagree with. There was nothing in the original rules that stated that only some night actions would be unblockable, with the exception of the suicide jacket since that works during the day. A guard has always blocked all night actions; for instance, if a FM is also a FM-vig or something, and the last one remaining, the guard action has worked against both. (Note: This would mean that a guard would also block against people's heals even though they are worth less.) Not that I blame Mina, but I came up with my plan based off what I don't think were outlandish interpretations of ANY of the roles. All of them were things you could purchase and thus night actions. For instance, the binoculars? Those are an 'object' and should still have been guardable. The role list say "These points can then be spent on transient roles, in order to kill off the competition." Role implies something that you do.

P.S. Again, not Mina's fault, but if mods are making clarifications on roles, why aren't they posted in the thread? (This refers to HT's note on the suicide jacket and Gregor's notebook.)

I called off the vigs.

As for the whole buying-guarding-notebook thing, I think that the act of buying the notebook is an active act and should be guardable, but if you already have it then it's passive. Does that make sense?

Oh no, I'm being completely transparent here. This is the PM I just sent to the mods:

Here's my question: Does the Guard prevent all night actions, including the Notebook, AS IT SHOULD, by any reasonable interpretation of the rules?

If Yes, continue to SECTION YES. If No, continue to SECTION NO.

SECTION YES:

Guard Lannister, Dondarrion, and Tully. Give one point to Stonetree so he can kill some people.

SECTION NO:

Purchase a suicide bomber jacket, a Notebook, and heal Stonetree.

It's like choose your own adventure. :P Except that I'm not going to go down easily.

So anyway, here is the PM I recommend that Stonetree send:

Does the Guard prevent all night actions, including the Notebook, AS IT SHOULD, by any reasonable interpretation of the rules?

If Yes, continue to SECTION YES. If No, continue to SECTION NO.

SECTION YES:

Vig Lannister and Tully.

SECTION NO:

Heal Kenning. [And any other actions you may want to take.]

The actions have been sent.

I'm a little concerned that now the others won't spend any points and just horde them another day.

Maybe we should make the heals circular with Lannister and Lannister should also send in a random vig to on one of those two to keep them honest. I think we can trust Lannister for tonight, since we need to be the larger voting block come morning.

We can do this if you think it will help and if Lannister is willing to participate.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. I have several tabs open, and I'm trying to reply to a bunch of people at once.

After some discussion in Spoiler Heaven, I've decided that the guard will block the most expensive action the person takes. (Also, it will block the vig kill before the self-heal. Although now I'm wondering if a shield is also a passive item. :stillsick:) I'm sorry if this ruins any plans, but seriously, what's the alternative, that no one takes a single action for the rest of the game?

Still deliberating on Clegane's notebook.

ETA: Also, a guard cannot block another guard.

Archived