Octocon 2010: Dublin, 16-17 October

*returns from board hiatus*

Me, definitely! I know you probably meant more prominent BwBers but hey, I'm an Irish fan, so I'd have to be mad not to :P Was sickened to miss the Eason's Dublin signing so I'll be RSVPing to this well in advance.

*returns from board hiatus*

Me, definitely! I know you probably meant more prominent BwBers but hey, I'm an Irish fan, so I'd have to be mad not to :P Was sickened to miss the Eason's Dublin signing so I'll be RSVPing to this well in advance.

Nope, I wasn't just wondering which of the "prominent" bwbers would be there. Us n00bs need to stick together!

I haven't really thought that far ahead, but I guess I'll probably be there.

Nope, I wasn't just wondering which of the "prominent" bwbers would be there. Us n00bs need to stick together!

I don't think you really count as a n00b any more.

Thank you. Nice central location also. :)

Anytime! I think I said I would. I will say that there are less places than we thought, but we pushed to get a LOT more in than would normally be allowed. I think there'll be about 450 places for the con. So just a heads up for the big fans. :)

I don't think you really count as a n00b any more.

Some things are eternal.

Alas, not in my budget these days. Bet it would be a hoot.

Weird, yesterday's post vanished. .. Anyway - yep, been almost 2 years since I was in Ireland last - a capital offence in itself. I'm aiming to be there - looks like a nice, cosy con with a good guest list.

I already bought a membership, so I'll be there. :) Anybody else thinking about going, I'd recommend buying sooner rather than later. The con committee can probably use the money sooner rather than later, plus it's cheaper (only 40€ right now I believe, at that price well worth it) and you don't risk them selling out...

I already bought a membership, so I'll be there. :) Anybody else thinking about going, I'd recommend buying sooner rather than later. The con committee can probably use the money sooner rather than later, plus it's cheaper (only 40€ right now I believe, at that price well worth it) and you don't risk them selling out...

A+ :)

All true.

We're hoping to be there. It's going to be our first con so you'll all have to go easy on us. :P We are planning on buying our memberships this week.

There're going to be a lot of new people this year, so you won't be alone. :) It's like a big nerdy group-hug anyway! Can't wait to see you there!

I just paid my 40 Euros so I will be there :)

Judging by the ID number 75 memberships sold so far. My opinion is that all tickets are going to sell out and probably before the end of February. I believe 450 tickets is going to fall well short of the demand so get in quick.

Although this is way, way too premature to bring up I'm going to say that I will probably arrive in Dublin on Thursday 14 October and fly back to the UK on Monday 18 October. I would imagine that those coming over from the US may even be around for longer than that, so we may want to start thinking about plans for Thursday and Friday before the con.

ETA: updated the thread title since this seems to have become the official Octocon thread :)

I just paid my 40 Euros so I will be there :)

Judging by the ID number 75 memberships sold so far. My opinion is that all tickets are going to sell out and probably before the end of February. I believe 450 tickets is going to fall well short of the demand so get in quick.

Although this is way, way too premature to bring up I'm going to say that I will probably arrive in Dublin on Thursday 14 October and fly back to the UK on Monday 18 October. I would imagine that those coming over from the US may even be around for longer than that, so we may want to start thinking about plans for Thursday and Friday before the con.

ETA: updated the thread title since this seems to have become the official Octocon thread :)

Aww, thank you! So glad you're going to make it.

The number is actually just a recepit number for the online sign up. It's automated, so doesn't count real-life sign-ups, of which there have been a few.

Usually everyone meets up in the hotel on the Friday, but we're thinking if the BWB want to do something, it would be really cool too! We'd just need to meet up with people soon so we can organise!

We're hoping to be there. It's going to be our first con so you'll all have to go easy on us. :P We are planning on buying our memberships this week.

Awesome!

I've bought a planeticket, membership and booked a hotelroom, so my plan is to be there.

Awesome!

I've bought a planeticket, membership and booked a hotelroom, so my plan is to be there.

Wow! You really are determined to be there. :) We won't be looking for tickets and a hotel room until late Spring, I think. Getting the memberships is going to be enough of a commitment for now.

I've bought my membership and will keep an eye on airline sales. What is the easiest way to get from Birmingham or London to Dublin, does anyone know? seat61.com has deals for about GB£30 each way by train, but I likely won't have a spare day or so of time for that.

I'm aiming to be there - looks like a nice, cosy con with a good guest list.

:)

:D *faint with anticipation!*

Archived