World of Warcraft encore

Yagathai

Putricide never died on the EU servers. He was up for only about an hour, and during that hour he'd randomly respawn during the fight; people joked that they had to kill him in under a minute.

If I were a betting man, I'd figure that Ensidia et al would do it on the 10s first, see how it works, then do it on the 25s after a couple practice runs. There's already a decent amount of info on it.

There's lot of things not to stand in.

There's a mechanic like Kael'thas's walking man save it's a giant fart cloud that's chasing you; you need an abom to slow it down and then you kite it around.

There's a mechanic like the demons in P4 Illidan that fixates on a player; you need to group up on that player and everyone take a bunch of damage (as that person is frozen).

You need to have aboms eating the ooze and then doing the right thing with it - putting debuffs on Putricide to hurt him, and putting slows on the fart clouds and the freezing oozes.

And finally, you need to continue to avoid standing in stuff and kite putricide around so that he's not standing in gas clouds, similar to Archavon.

There may be more to the fight, but that's what we've gleaned so far.

On my server, we joking call the LFG the "occulus dungeon finder" because my friends and I tend to get it twice a day at least. Yesterday, in pugs, I got all three drake void achievements and Make it count. I think I like occulus now, I havent had a bad run of it in weeks.

Absolutely. I got it yesterday for my daily, actually. A tank with the Scarab Lord title, an Astral Walker, and a couple of others. 10 minutes flat :)

What we do is have 3-4 melee on the left adds, and 4 melee on the right adds. A tank on either side picks up the Fanatics, and we mark 1 melee on each side for the others to stick to and focus down Adherents first. All other dps stays on the shield unless there's a Reanimated or Deformed Fanatic.

We have a hunter MD the adds that appear at the back steps to one of the tanks; whichever is currently having the quieter time (or whichever he chooses when sorting his macro). If the add is an Adherent, and is stubbornly refusing to move, melee finish their adds and beat his face in too.

This is pretty much exactly what I want wanted to be doing, and the raid leader may or may not have tried this; I'm not certain as I missed two weeks due to exhaustion and a scheduled but non-existent phone interview. He was asking towards the end of the ToC25 what people thought... and before I said anything two people chimed in with liking being in the back on the dais with Deathwhisper.

On my server, we joking call the LFG the "occulus dungeon finder" because my friends and I tend to get it twice a day at least. Yesterday, in pugs, I got all three drake void achievements and Make it count. I think I like occulus now, I havent had a bad run of it in weeks.

The problem is (especially as DPS) when people leave a dungeon they don't want to do, it becomes a top priority spot for the Dungeon Finder. So if everyone leaves Oculus, everyone who signs up will get Oculus. We're basically funneling ourselves into that Dungeon. Your "Oculus Dungeon Finder" is pretty accurate :P.

Anyone else pumped for the new bosses? They don't looks too extreme, but it'll be nice to kill something new this week.

There's lot of things not to stand in.

There's a mechanic like Kael'thas's walking man save it's a giant fart cloud that's chasing you; you need an abom to slow it down and then you kite it around.

There's a mechanic like the demons in P4 Illidan that fixates on a player; you need to group up on that player and everyone take a bunch of damage (as that person is frozen).

You need to have aboms eating the ooze and then doing the right thing with it - putting debuffs on Putricide to hurt him, and putting slows on the fart clouds and the freezing oozes.

And finally, you need to continue to avoid standing in stuff and kite putricide around so that he's not standing in gas clouds, similar to Archavon.

There may be more to the fight, but that's what we've gleaned so far.

My current guild is going to be fucking this up for months. I really gotta bail lol.

I'm really looking forward to Putricide. Festergut and Rotface appear largely to be retreads of previous fights, but Putricide looks like this raid's version of Mimiron - lots of chaos, lots of weird things happening, and lots of people having to do things outside their comfort zone.

The next wing opens two weeks from now too - so quite a bit of progress in that regard.

Was hoping to get three randoms done before my D&D game last night, but that fell through;

First, I got VH. Great, easy, reasonably quick. First boss goes down, and people start leaving party. No idea why. Maybe the first one to go quit because some blue he wanted didn't drop? Quickly the healer and another dps dropped and so I ended up swapping chars to heal while my timer ran out.

Healing got a slow-moving HoS. Tank wasn't very geared, though I had no issues keeping him up at all; but his caution was frustrating, especially coupled with doing both skippable bosses. Then I ended up tanking a Gundrak, which I probably could have sped up a bit, and unfortunately not getting my girlfriend's What the Eck! achievement. She accidentally Cloak of Shadows'd the debuff off trying to evasion. Which is probably how she's never gotten it at all.

Tonight... I'm gonna have myself a real good time... in ICC and perhaps also ToC. Because we got Jaraxxus for the second week running.

Did the random on my shaman with a couple of guildmates. Got Gundrak again.

Did it on the hunter in a full pug and got Nexus. Tank and healer were friends I think. We did wipe a couple of times due to over pulls. I know I dont do many five mans but is it customary to pull Omorok to Keristraza? As we were heading into that room the tanks says. FOLLOW ME! pulls the boss and runs up the tunnel. Of course I get nailed by the spikes as there isnt room to move out of the way in the tunnel, and we proceed to wipe right after jumping down into the next room. After we run back in, he proceded to run back to Omorok and pull him to Keristrazas room. Kind of annoying.

I know I dont do many five mans but is it customary to pull Omorok to Keristraza?

Well that is a new one. I know you're looking to stack up the 'chieves now, but that doesn't even have one. maybe they were trying to practice for Earth, Wind & Fire somehow?

Archived