Aussies XLVIII

Stubby

Guys the Collins class are not as bad as has been made out, heck even the cavitation problems really only show up when using a larger than normal propeller. Look at the shots from the trials and you tell me if thats a normal sub prop.

I was just taking the piss.

I'm still worried, if the penguins have whales doing sonar for them our subs will be lit up like Mardi Gras for the orca packs to home in on.

They will probably come with a squadron of stealth seagulls to divebomb the beach carparks as well. I'm getting scared now.

This version takes much longer for my browser to load, grrr.

Nice work Stubby and all others at uni. :) Heck with my marks in uni I always suspected it was just a random number generator. I remember scraping a pass 52 in one maths subject and getting a 90-odd in another, both in the same semester, and I thought I did crap in the one I did well in and vice versa.

Good to see you sh_wulf.

Well not politics at the moment but a bit of a rant at my bank. You would think that they could get their act together, I applied for a credit card with a $3,000 limit and got aproval of course after lots of stuffing around they tell me it has been aproved took about a week for that to happen. So anyway they then tell me I will need to go to one of their branches to sign some paperwork and collect the card. I say fine no problem and arrange for a day and time at my local branch. I even specify it by name Marden and yes I spelt it for them. So what happens they ring to confirm and have the time wrong and I once again specify my local branch of Marden and spell it again!

so Tuesday I go to my local branch and try to have my apointment, try being the apropriate word. It turns out that the morons have decided that even though they have sent the pin number to my home adress they will send the card and paperwork to Queensland.

Now I get a letter about the insurance on the loan and they are trying to charge me from the 7th of december and I do not yet have the freaking loan!

Seriously it looks like i am going to be changing banks and telling them to stick their card!

Which bank GS?

:rofl:

No not that one :P

It is the Bendigo bank, I had a migraine friday so chased up on the card, turns out they claim to have sent it on thursday but Aussie post has no record of it.

So I arranged to have the funds made available to me over the counter. The total stuff up has really pissed me off especially since it was all part of a plan to get a good credit rating and get a home loan.

I realized after I posted it would sound like the Commonwealth Bank ad. I remember when I got my loan for my car, they took forever to organize. Can't they just hand money out in big bags with dollar signs on them?

Well that would be nice but all I am asking is that they do their job properly.

Well that would be nice but all I am asking is that they do their job properly.

That's the bank for you though, always causing anger and grief.

Speaking of anger and grief. What is the Australian Cricket teams batting problem? A bit of consistency wouldn't be bad.

Tell me about it GS, I only just got a home loan (moving into my new place on Monday) and they're raising rates on me like no tomorrow. ;) Mind you the rates are still comparatively low from what they are historically, but it's still not a great look for me!

Archived