Aussies XLVIII

Stubby

Wo, I have been away from here for a while, you're all looking very different. I think I liked the old style better.

Well done Stubby on the uni results!

Well my bank rant involves Westpac. Does anyone else find them extremely useless and annoying? I'd always had problems with them years ago, and then Ansett went down and I lost all my points from Westpac's global rewards visa card because they wouldn't honour them, and then they put a massive annual fee on the new card so I ditched them and was so happy.

For the next few years, I wandered around in bliss with my shiny new Virgin credit card. But then Virgin money handed all their finances back to Westpac and I ended up with another bloody Westpac credit card, and I've had problems ever since. Aaaargh. Today I log onto Westpac online banking, and they tell me "There has been one unauthorised attempt to log into your account since your last login. Please consider changing your password."

How the frack is that going to help? The possibility of them cracking my old password is exactly the same as them cracking my new password. Fools!!!!

Wo, I have been away from here for a while, you're all looking very different. I think I liked the old style better.

Well done Stubby on the uni results!

Well my bank rant involves Westpac. Does anyone else find them extremely useless and annoying? I'd always had problems with them years ago, and then Ansett went down and I lost all my points from Westpac's global rewards visa card because they wouldn't honour them, and then they put a massive annual fee on the new card so I ditched them and was so happy.

For the next few years, I wandered around in bliss with my shiny new Virgin credit card. But then Virgin money handed all their finances back to Westpac and I ended up with another bloody Westpac credit card, and I've had problems ever since. Aaaargh. Today I log onto Westpac online banking, and they tell me "There has been one unauthorised attempt to log into your account since your last login. Please consider changing your password."

How the frack is that going to help? The possibility of them cracking my old password is exactly the same as them cracking my new password. Fools!!!!

Not to mention they feel quite happy in charging customers fees that a court ruling says they cannot and they have never tried to refund the money!

Commonwealth bank employees do not even know what the banking bylaws are!

And please do not get me started on the ANZ!

I'm praying to the storm and rain goddess in Perth...

I'd love a small calypso miracle .

(ignoring bank rant.. need to keep my BP down ;) )

Be careful what you pray for, water and heat means humidity. I prefer a dry heat myself but even better is a nice 20-28C day for the solstice.

Sorry I'm not more regular guys.

Anyone else alone this Christmas? Anyone doing anything?

Be careful what you pray for, water and heat means humidity. I prefer a dry heat myself but even better is a nice 20-28C day for the solstice.

Bring it on over here in NSW/ACT. I'm doing nothing though except maybe going into work to be productive. If it comes down it might drive my neighbours (until I move on the 27th) inside as they like to constantly use their deck. My Christmas is going to suck but I'm trying to make the best of it somehow. Wishing I was in Perth with family She-Wulf but can't afford the airfares at the moment.

Upside, did anyone see the UK interview with Danni Minogue last night? She still fine, no more fine. Poor thing confessed the reason she did her 1995 Playboy shoot was because she was broke after divorcing Julian McMahon. She cried a bit recalling how her parents had begged her not to do it. However she's still proud of the shots and doesn't regret it. It doesn't make me feel guilty about her 1997 calender that I had in high school. Wish I still had it.

Congrats to anyone with uni results and sorry to anyone dealing with the banks. I've yet to realise those issues since I won't be asking them for a home loan for another 12 months when my place is complete.

In Newcastle yesterday, it was 28 C at 7am in the morning. It's a killer.

It was in the thirties just about all of yesterday in Canberra. Today it's about 23 and raining. Suits my mood as I'm alone and trying to cheer myself up with booze. Watching Carols in the Domain or whatever it was with Lisa Wilkinson was not good so I rented the Terry Pratchet thing The Hogfather, not bad viewing for Christmas.

Is everyone else doing things? GS I forget what the Pagans call this time of year, but I rest assure you still do something involving beer.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

It's actually now dark and cloudy in Sydney. We may be getting storms (unlike almost every other year where it's hot)

Merry Christmas!!!!!

It's actually now dark and cloudy in Sydney. We may be getting storms (unlike almost every other year where it's hot)

Same up here in Newcastle. It was pretty hot and humid for the first part of the day, then overcast, now rain. Still hot though.

Merry Christmas, hope you all ate like pigs and drank like fish and caught up with your relos. Now on to boxing day with more eating, more relos and more lying around going blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg.

Well I ate pig, mmmmm. I'm so glad it was cool and drizzling all day as the air-con at my folk's place packed it in yesterday.

I had a massive shock on Christmas Eve as I found out a close friend had passed away, he had a cardiac arrest in his sleep, his wife did CPR but he couldn't be revived. He's got 3 young sons and that close to Christmas makes it doubly tragic. He had a near miss about 5 years ago and his workmate did CPR straight away, then he needed 11 shocks for VF after the paramedics arrived, he had a number of stents and apart from an initial slow recovery to get some of his memory back he's been fine. The initial event was sudden with no family history or indication that anything could be wrong. This must have been the same, I don't know all the details but I assume he just had another massive VF arrest that they couldn't pull him back from this time. He was only 44, and young with it, always cheerful and the life of a party.

So that was extremely shitty, but I'm feeling a lot better today. I hope you guys all had a great christmas.

That's no good sword. If everyone was much older it's not as hard, but the kids are still a bit young I assume (primary or secondary).

Yesterday I took advantage of the fact everyone was celebrating. I went to the gym late and still had it to myself, went to the carwash, then went to one of the cinemas that was open to saw Sherlock Holmes with hardly anyone there. Took myself some turkey and cranberry sandwiches, some christmas treats and a couple of beers.

Happy new year from a guy who now days is mostly a semi-occasional lurker.

But I like that my thread is up to XLVIII! I figure about July 2010 we can celebrate this thread going for 10 years.

:smoking:

Archived