Mass Effect 2

WhiteHaven

How come that we do not have a thread about this? This game is released in two months. Ok and somehow I am really hyped.

Who is going to buy it? I am going to pre-order I think.

Check this out: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect2workingtitle/video/6230520/mass-effect-2-character-reveal--subject-zero?tag=videos;title;3

Holy mother...I know that she looks like "over the top" but somehow I want to have her on my squad.

You should check out the other Videos there, too. I thing ME2 is going to be an awesome RPG. At least I hope so.

The only thing that sucks: No Garrus and Wrex. I mean, what are they thinking? Anyway, your opinions please.

PS:

Oh and they have to throw the Makro out of the window.

I will buy it. I will pre-order it later today. I loved the first ME, and did something like 6 playthroughs, just so I could get all the achievements. Loved it when I accidently set it on the wrong difficulty level, so when I finished the game, it was set on hard, not insanity. Gah! 20-30 hours spent on the wrong difficulty.

I haven't finished the latest expansion, so I will probably do so over the holidays. Just so I can be ready for ME2.

Yeah, no Wrex sucks.

The so called expansion that EA released for ME, pinnacel station was awful. Cant wait for ME2 though.

SO true. However, the thing which I fear more than sucky DLC's ( you don't have to buy them), is the new method to download DLC's. BioWare/EA really did make me furious with their new idea. Seriously, I have to register to EA in order to download new DLC's? WTF!

Subject Zero is perhaps the least attractive skimpily dressed female character I've ever seen in any video game. I applaud the originality, but wow, that's hideous.

Different strokes for different folks? I honestly think they modeled her after Natalie Portman when she gets her head shaved in V is for Vendetta.

SO true. However, the thing which I fear more than sucky DLC's ( you don't have to buy them), is the new method to download DLC's. BioWare/EA really did make me furious with their new idea. Seriously, I have to register to EA in order to download new DLC's? WTF!

Speaking of Bioware/EA DLC:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/11/6/

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/12/2/

There was a thread on this game awhile back, must disappeared or somethin...

DLC: Pinnacle Station sucked but the free down loadable "Bring Down the Sky" was well done.

Mass Effect 1:

Aside from taking new branches in the convos, I had zero desire to replay the first game. It just seemed like once I was done I was satisfied. I don't want to cruise around empty planets looking for minerals anymore. And the combat itself, while fun...was so repetitive I couldn't bear to do it again. Charge into a big square room with a bunch of boxes, kill bad guys, rinse and repeat 500 times. I hope they have some other types of combat scenarios besides the room sweep. Sigh.

And as for this new angry chick, I was happier to find Tali is coming back. I really liked her, shit, I wish she was a romance option instead of freakin Ashley or Liara. And she was probably the most useful party member.

I played through ME 1 two times, once on hard and once on insanity or ultra hard or whatever it was.

Loved the game, but after playing Dragons Age I hope they make the game HARD. I love the need to kick back and think about things instead of just charging in with my heavy armor and assault rifle and killing stuff.

Even on insane difficulty levels I found the game too easy, so lets hope they ramp it up some.

Not a fan of subzero at all... overall the game looks badass. Mass Effect stands out as one of my favorite RPGs.

I'm assuming there will be a disconnect, somewhat, between the marketing and game as per Dragon Age. Trailers for it features Alistair being a badass covered in blood, gore, and guts while hacking his way through pretty much everything and taunting people, yet in-game he's pretty much a giant softie. So, while the trailer for ME2 features P.Zero being oh so angry, angsty, and whatnot, she'll be less so, or have other characteristics, in-game.

I'm assuming there will be a disconnect, somewhat, between the marketing and game as per Dragon Age. Trailers for it features Alistair being a badass covered in blood, gore, and guts while hacking his way through pretty much everything and taunting people, yet in-game he's pretty much a giant softie. So, while the trailer for ME2 features P.Zero being oh so angry, angsty, and whatnot, she'll be less so, or have other characteristics, in-game.

I sure hope not! Otherwise she and DUKENUKEM Shepard won't be able to create the master race of ass kicking biotic commando babies.

New vid of the voice cast

I like Martin Sheen, but cmon, he has the voice of an older man and he's portraying some young hotshot?

It's still impressive to see that video games can now hire these big stars, it's sure come a long way from the old days, when on some games I'm pretty sure the programmers themselves did the voice acting work.

I like Martin Sheen, but cmon, he has the voice of an older man and he's portraying some young hotshot?

He is not young. I borrowed the Mass Effect books from the library and the Illusive Man has been running Cerberos for a rather long time. Given his appearance, I would surmise that being the head of an organization that is at the forefront of, among other things, modifying the human body has some perks.

He is not young. I borrowed the Mass Effect books from the library and the Illusive Man has been running Cerberos for a rather long time. Given his appearance, I would surmise that being the head of an organization that is at the forefront of, among other things, modifying the human body has some perks.

So he's physically young. So his voice is wrong.

Sure, sure, we can handwave it; it's magic tech.

Archived