GoT Mafia Game 70.5 - Jingle Hell

House Targaryen

Thats kinda weird because at the time you said you liked the way Gimli thinks, but meant Tyrion, his main point was that Gimli was FM. If you mixed them up, what were you liking about Tyrion's way of thinking?

Like I said - that he was watching for symp clues.

Other than making the first serious post(and I don't think his point was unbelievably ridiculous), what else has he done?

His point was that he thought the symp had confessed because he was invincible. I consider that unbelievably ridiculous, though not necessarily a sign of evil. His then made a massive stretch in his accusation against me and disappeared when people started accusing him of thinking oddly.

It's not airtight, but I'm happy with the vote for now.

If you really believe that that's what he thought then you must think he's innocent, so why are you trying to lynch him? I don't like it.

That's fine, you are entitled to dislike it all you like. Obviously there's no reason to think that either a symp or an FM would actually believe what they say they believe, and even if Tyrion was telling the truth that means he isn't a symp, but an FM could as easily make the same mistake, but the point is that it was a really really strange thing to believe. I'm not sure I like the way you've been shielding Tyrion, but I'm happy with my vote for the time being.

Hi. This is my obligatory "oh, fuck, I'm late for work now, I only had time to skim the thread now for two minutes, my sister has been on the computer all morning, and I might not be back in time before the modkill" post. Yes, I know this is extremely lame, and I'm sorry. :(

See you all in twelve hours.

It is also possible that you(Sleeppy) are shielding Gimli.

I think Tyrion meant that the gifting element of Santa is passed on since he did mention that he knows Santa can be ressuscitated after his accusation.

Tyrion is one of the less likely bad guys atm because he's shown himself willing to pick a potential FM and stick to his guns. Because of this he's an excellent choice for FM/symp to lynch as its fairly unlikely he's an ally.

I find Sleeppy far more suspicious than Tyrion atm. He's made some funny claims, icludinf finding a comment that was clearly a joke suspicious and is targeting the player who appears most innocent.

I also have concerns about Bashful. The timing of his comment about liking Gimli/Tyrion was odd since the main point of discussion at the time was his suspicion of Gimli, and not looking for symp clues.

I gotta go to bed.

From your POV it isn't outside the bounds of possibility. Doesn't make it any less likely that you're shielding Tyrion of course.

I think Tyrion meant that the gifting element of Santa is passed on since he did mention that he knows Santa can be ressuscitated after his accusation.

It's the part about the symp being invincible and not the part about the symp confessing after only one question that seems odd to you? Also, since Tyrion used the symp's invincibility to explain why the symp would confess, I'm pretty sure he meant that the symp was actually invincible.

Tyrion is one of the less likely bad guys atm because he's shown himself willing to pick a potential FM and stick to his guns. Because of this he's an excellent choice for FM/symp to lynch as its fairly unlikely he's an ally.

Are you serious? Tyrion said he thought Gimli was giving a symp clue. Gimli sarcastically admitted that he was. Tyrion voted him because he thought this was a real confession. He then admitted that he hadn't realised it was sarcasm and sounded like he was backing away from his suspicion (though he didn't remove the vote), after that he didn't talk about Gimli again, though further justified his vote by saying that the symp would give strong clues because he can't die.

I'll give you "picking a potential FM", but there's no way in the world Tyrion gets "sticking to his guns". None of your post actually fairly represents what has happened in the thread so far. You've stretched everything to make Tyrion look better and me look worse.

I find Sleeppy far more suspicious than Tyrion atm. He's made some funny claims, icludinf finding a comment that was clearly a joke suspicious and is targeting the player who appears most innocent.

If you mean the thing with Mini Me then you could also add that I've already acknowledged it was a mistake. And while I admit that opinions may vary at this point, I think you're stretching things to claim that Tyrion appears the most innocent of all of us.

ETA: fix quote tags

RP have ended?

I think Sleeppy looks like most trustable player for now. So I dislike Durin's vote on him.

I also see no real case against Gimli (even by day 1 standarts), so I dislike Tyrion L. as well.

Since Tyrion was voted and I think it's a bit too early for building trains, I'll vote Durin.

If we're getting onto the more serious stuff now, I'm moving towards moving my vote to Bashful. I don't buy into the "mistake" of confusing me and Tyrion. Especially coming as it did after I'd pointed out that he looked a better FM fit than Tyrion because of it. The mistake just doesn't seem at all plausible to me.

Yes, I know. I was talking to Tyrion, and hoping he'd answer. Sigh..... I should have been clearer.

Santa can die. So I don't see how his powers being passed around after his death mean that he'd be more likely to reveal on thread.

Santa: Elves win. If Santa "dies" along the way, the elves can resurrect him just fine for the after party!

Dwarves: Must kill off both elves, and possibly Santa too.

I misunderstood this, cos I'm an idiot. I thought it meant Santa could be resurrected at any point if he died, hence i thought he was invincible.

Find his masters, yes, but signalling only lets his masters know who their symp is, for the symp to learn anything from it the masters would have to signal back and any signal a symp can decipher we can too. I very briefly considered the possibility that the FM might signal the symp so he'd know where to send the presents, but discarded the idea. I can't believe that the FM would take that risk.

To return to the game, I'm bothered now that Tyrion seems to have done a runner as soon as attention started to turn toward him.

:rolleyes: Forgive me for going Christmas shopping - everyone's behaviour isn't dependent on how much pressure the amazingness of your insight manages to put on them.

If we're getting onto the more serious stuff now, I'm moving towards moving my vote to Bashful. I don't buy into the "mistake" of confusing me and Tyrion. Especially coming as it did after I'd pointed out that he looked a better FM fit than Tyrion because of it. The mistake just doesn't seem at all plausible to me.

If you'd consider a lack of sleep and coffee when I was reading the thread, you might come to a different conclusion. :dunce:

At least I am not befriended to a totally uncool elf. :P

I also have concerns about Bashful. The timing of his comment about liking Gimli/Tyrion was odd since the main point of discussion at the time was his suspicion of Gimli, and not looking for symp clues.

I gotta go to bed.

I dislike this post. It seems awfully chainsaw-y to me. Both Tyrion and Sleepy misinterpreted joke posts, but of the two it is only Sleepy who has 'stuck to his guns'. Tyrion backed off once he realized it was a joke post Gimli made. Also, could you give and example of a 'funny claim'? Of the two, it seems Tyrion fits the case made better then Sleepy.

Durin, any reason you have for choosing Sleepy over Tyrion, even though Tyrion fits the points in your case better?

I think it's a rather good sign that Durin is willing to pressure more than one player. That's why I also disagree with his theory that a player is less likely guilty because of sticking to pressure one player. FM sometimes prefer to focus their attention to one "victim" only to appear as if they were contributing. In this special setup it even makes moe sense to do so. Yes, it's possible that you might end up lynching your own team mate, but it's an acceptable risk. After all, the evil guys have to do something other than RP and middle-of-the-road spam.

I think it's a rather good sign that Durin is willing to pressure more than one player. That's why I also disagree with his theory that a player is less likely guilty because of sticking to pressure one player. FM sometimes prefer to focus their attention to one "victim" only to appear as if they were contributing. In this special setup it even makes moe sense to do so. Yes, it's possible that you might end up lynching your own team mate, but it's an acceptable risk. After all, the evil guys have to do something other than RP and middle-of-the-road spam.

Durin hasn't put 'pressure' on anyone but Sleepy. (No, saying 'I have concerns about Bashful' at the end of a case on somebody else doesn't count as pressure. If anything it reads more like an attempt at distancing.)

I was about to ask who other than me you feel Durin has put pressure on, but I notice that Smurf has already made the point. Regardless, who were you referring to?

:rolleyes: Forgive me for going Christmas shopping - everyone's behaviour isn't dependent on how much pressure the amazingness of your insight manages to put on them.

Pfft, Christmas shop all you like, but from my side it looked like you incited some comment (not only from me) and suddenly stopped posting. I get similarly annoyed when people make a thing out of my not being able to be at the computer, but only when I've let them know that that's what it going on.

ETA: Anyway, now I'm going to be away for a while. I expect you all to have caught an elf by the time I get back.

I was talking about Sleepy, Gimli (shielded by Sleepy, remember?) and me. That's three players out of thirteen.

Of course Durin doesn't have Gimli and me under his thumb exactly, since the game has only but started, but he has a (negative) opinion on us two that is limiting his future options. Furthermore, if Durin is the symp, he might have remembered the old saying that FM tend to kill those first who mistrust them. And since we're in an early stage, I said "I think it's a rather good sign" instead of "OMG, Durin must be innocent". :rolleyes:

Edit: clarification

Of course Durin doesn't have Gimli and me under his thumb exactly, since the game has only but started, but he has a (negative) opinion on us two that is limiting his future options. Furthermore, if Durin is the symp, he might have remembered the old saying that FM tend to kill those first who mistrust them. And since we're in an early stage, I said "I think it's a rather good sign" instead of "OMG, Durin must be innocent". :rolleyes:

Bashful, do you really want to say that everybody who is unlikely to be a symp is likely innocent?

We have some killers here, in case you've forgotten.

I was talking about Sleepy, Gimli (shielded by Sleepy, remember?) and me. That's three players out of thirteen.

Edit: clarification

Wait, you mean this,

That is your idea of pressure? Oh wait, you downplayed your comments, now it's just 'negative opinions.'

Does this strike anyone else as being a tad overdefensive?

Archived