GoT Mafia Game 70.5 - Jingle Hell

House Targaryen

I'm back.

Masonity, I'm so sorry. Best wishes to your family. :grouphug:

1:30 until the lynch.. First to explain myself.

Your missing dwarf sneezy has been on contact to me. Due to a bad case of sniffles, he's asked for a 2 hour extension on the modkill timer. Seeing as we have plenty of time still I've allowed it. He now has roughly 12 hours left to post.

My friend almost died yesterday, his appendix ruptured, he was operated and now he's stable. I really couldn't catch some time to write a serious post. But I tried to read the thread as often as possible.

writing a serious post now..

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Sorry for putting a downer on the game.

Now i'm home and a bit more composed, i've realised that while it means my time will be a little more limited than originally planned, I still have enough time to keep the game running smoothly, especially with Mentat's most appreciated help. Once a couple of you turn up with a candy cane in the back I'm sure i'll have an army of co-mods anyway. Seems to be the trend these days. :P

But back on topic...

It is day 1.

14 players remain: A Smurf, Alberich, Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Durin, Gimli, Grummpy, Happy, Mini Me, Oompah Loompah, Sleeppy, Sneezy, Tyrion L.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Durin (A Smurf, Grummpy, Happy, Mini Me, Bashful)

4 votes for Gimli (Doc, Durin, Tyrion L, Alberich)

2 votes for Tyrion L (Sleeppy, Oompah Loompah)

1 vote for Grummpy (Sneezy)

1 vote for Sleeppy (Gimli)

1 players have not voted: Dopey.

edit2: I see. Yeah. 40-odd minutes left. :-p

1:30 until the lynch.. First to explain myself.

My friend almost died yesterday, his appendix ruptured, he was operated and now he's stable. I really couldn't catch some time to write a serious post. But I tried to read the thread as often as possible.

writing a serious post now..

Thank you for the explanation, and I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I feel like you (Sleepy and Gimli) are both being overdefensive. At least Gimli has some reason, because he might be lynched, but Sleepy's frustration is perplexing.

Call it over reaction if you like I think it's fairly natural. For a couple of pages there every one of my posts seemed to start "that's not what I said at all" then Alberich pops up with a long review of what I've said and every point he makes is based on a reinterpretation of my writing, and if he's innocent and doing it then he needs to stop it.

Similar question to you about Alberich - is your main case against him that you don't like the way he attacked you? Or is there more to it?

Also, who else do you suspect?

Yes, that's what it's based on. I will look through to see if there's anything to add to it however. It would be nice if Alberich responded to the suggestion that he was making his accusations up out of whole cloth, however.

My other suspects? Well, I feel quite good about you for the time being, and Oompah has turned out to be a fount of good sense. Actually, the only thing I disagree with Oompah on is suspiciousness of your super-symp-clue post, so you guys are at the bottom of my list. I had a whole spiel about sneezy and his lurking/vagueness, but I see that he's just come back and explained (sorry to hear about your friend Sneezy) that so I'll leave it.

The rest are a bit of mid-tier muddle at the moment, though Bashful is working his way up the ranks. I understand why there's so much suspicion on Gimli, but I have trouble seeing him as more suspicious than the rest of the pack. Perhaps because I sympathise with a lot of what he's said.

Sorry, I thought it was my cue. I admit to feeling a little possessed at the moment and not quite myself. These are strange days indeed.

This post is mega-suspicious. Totally strange choice of words.. Especially that "possessed" part.

Is this a serious vote? I figure it surely has to be a joke, but your reasoning sound... well... serious.

Reacting to vote..

I start to like Gimli despite him being a, uhm, foreigner. Better said, I like his way of thinking. :thumbsup:

FM recognizing the symp.

He seems way overdefensive. It's either bad play or him desperately wanting to move the focus to someone else.

When comparing Durin's and Gimli's recent posts, I like Gimli's reactions better.

There isn't very much time to go to in-depth analysis and there is not enough material for that. I believe that Gimli is the symp and that Bashful is FM. If that is true, lynching Gimli will not reveal anything. On the other hand, he contradicted himself on few ocassions as someone pointed out earlier paired with his strange posts and overdefensivness. I would like to lynch Bashful, but since we don't have too much time, I'm willing to vote Gimli because I find him more suspicous than Bashful. There aren't any solid evidence about Bashful, it's mostly my gut.

I hate Day 1 lynches..

I'm annoyed at Dopey, who earlier said:

Im still waiting for Tyrion to answer my questions, frankly other than him, I dont have any strong suspicions on anyone so far.surely Durin has been overdefensive but thats something I have witnessed lots of innocents do when under pressure on day one. while im being honest let me make another confession. I have been busy and mostly skimmed through the thread so thats why I dont suspect much.my schedule will not be that tight for the coming days so hopefully I will be of more help later.

But didn't vote. And still hasn't voted. :tantrum:

Dopey, why didn't you vote earlier? You're not voting for anyone else.

Call it over reaction if you like I think it's fairly natural. For a couple of pages there every one of my posts seemed to start "that's not what I said at all" then Alberich pops up with a long review of what I've said and every point he makes is based on a reinterpretation of my writing, and if he's innocent and doing it then he needs to stop it.

Yes, that's what it's based on. I will look through to see if there's anything to add to it however. It would be nice if Alberich responded to the suggestion that he was making his accusations up out of whole cloth, however.

My other suspects? Well, I feel quite good about you for the time being, and Oompah has turned out to be a fount of good sense. Actually, the only thing I disagree with Oompah on is suspiciousness of your super-symp-clue post, so you guys are at the bottom of my list. I had a whole spiel about sneezy and his lurking/vagueness, but I see that he's just come back and explained (sorry to hear about your friend Sneezy) that so I'll leave it.

The rest are a bit of mid-tier muddle at the moment, though Bashful is working his way up the ranks. I understand why there's so much suspicion on Gimli, but I have trouble seeing him as more suspicious than the rest of the pack. Perhaps because I sympathise with a lot of what he's said.

At least you stick with your dislike of strong day 1 opinions. :P What do you think about Oompaah's comment that you're the beacon of innocence? I know it's hard to judge yourself, but don't you think that he's exaggerating a bit here?

Archived