GoT Mafia Game 70.5 - Jingle Hell

House Targaryen

Sleepy, you're saying that forming opinions on people is suspicious? Nice way to hold up the serious part of the day. :rolleyes:

Nonsense, I'm saying that forming any opinion that you're particularly attached to based on RP is just weird to me. Obviously there needs to be a first serious post, but I don't think anyone expects that post to have anything more than the average random chance of hitting scum.

I've already said that it's really weird you thought Gimli was actually confessing to anything.

I do think it's odd that Bashful should form a like for Gimli based of "the way he thinks", since all of Gimli's thinking has been playful so far.

And I do think it's odd that Mini Me thinks Gimli's a particularly grumpy bastard.

Of the three I find you the oddest, since I can see how the other two might just be banter.

As for holding up serious play, once the first serious post is made, no one is going to prevent the game from turning serious. Also, me saying that anything is suspicious only encourages serious play since it's bound to invoke a reaction.

I wasn't sure what to make of your serious vote on Gimli, but you're reaching hard with this one, and that I really don't like.

I think Tyrion has the right idea in looking for signals from potential symps. Gimli did use terminology that related back to the symp description from Targ although I'm not sure that he'd be so obvious if he were a symp. Tyrion himself could be signalling his masters as a symp by making a false symp accusation, it's kinda hard to say at this point in the game, but the reasoning is sound.

Is this a serious post? I figure it surely has to be a joke, but your reasoning sound... well... serious.

:lol: If you're saying that your opinion of Gimli was a joke then I apologise, though I read the post you were replying to as at least moderately serious so I assumed your response to it probably was too.

I think Tyrion has the right idea in looking for signals from potential symps. Gimli did use terminology that related back to the symp description from Targ although I'm not sure that he'd be so obvious if he were a symp. Tyrion himself could be signalling his masters as a symp by making a false symp accusation, it's kinda hard to say at this point in the game, but the reasoning is sound.

I'm still trying to decide whether I think a symp would risk signalling his masters in this game since the symp has a power almost as valuable as the FM, and the rules suggest that it's at least possible that that power could pass to an innocent if the symp dies.

Yeh it's serious - i thought you admitted to being Santa. A vain hope, maybe, but i'm not embarassed - sarcasm doesn't travel over the internet.

I'm a bit embarrassed personally. I find it mortifying that someone could think I was as poor a player as that. :blush:

Sarcasm travels through the internet through smilies. ^_^

If the symp dies the ability to gift is passed on to a random person, good or bad.

Yes, I know. I was talking to Tyrion, and hoping he'd answer. Sigh..... I should have been clearer.

Given that Santa apparently can't die, and he doesn't know his masters and vice versa, he might've considered that his masters knowing who he is is worth risking everyone else knowing who he is - ie giving a strong symp clue, such as actually admitting to it. That was my thinking.

Santa can die. So I don't see how his powers being passed around after his death mean that he'd be more likely to reveal on thread.

I'm still trying to decide whether I think a symp would risk signalling his masters in this game since the symp has a power almost as valuable as the FM, and the rules suggest that it's at least possible that that power could pass to an innocent if the symp dies.

I think that his powers make it even more important for him to find his masters, because he may use his powers to injure rather than help them unless he knows who they are. The powers he has are useless otherwise because he doesn't know where to use them.

I think that his powers make it even more important for him to find his masters, because he may use his powers to injure rather than help them unless he knows who they are. The powers he has are useless otherwise because he doesn't know where to use them.

Find his masters, yes, but signalling only lets his masters know who their symp is, for the symp to learn anything from it the masters would have to signal back and any signal a symp can decipher we can too. I very briefly considered the possibility that the FM might signal the symp so he'd know where to send the presents, but discarded the idea. I can't believe that the FM would take that risk.

To return to the game, I'm bothered now that Tyrion seems to have done a runner as soon as attention started to turn toward him. I think he's done more than enough to deserve a vote.

Tyrion

Find his masters, yes, but signalling only lets his masters know who their symp is, for the symp to learn anything from it the masters would have to signal back and any signal a symp can decipher we can too. I very briefly considered the possibility that the FM might signal the symp so he'd know where to send the presents, but discarded the idea. I can't believe that the FM would take that risk.

To return to the game, I'm bothered now that Tyrion seems to have done a runner as soon as attention started to turn toward him. I think he's done more than enough to deserve a vote.

Tyrion

If, hypothetically, I were to be a symp who was trying to signal his FM, then, hypothetically, Tyrion wouldn't be a good fit as an FM due to his response. On the other hand, hypothetically, the responses of, say, Bashful, who likes my way of thinking :stunned: , would hypthetically be a better hypothetical fit, hypothetically.

If, hypothetically, I were to be a symp who was trying to signal his FM, then, hypothetically, Tyrion wouldn't be a good fit as an FM due to his response. On the other hand, hypothetically, the responses of, say, Bashful, who likes my way of thinking :stunned: , would hypthetically be a better hypothetical fit, hypothetically.

Well done, you caught yourself. :P

I've got to say that at this point I'm suspicious of anyone who has a particular opinion of anyone in either direction. At this point (pending clarification by certain people) that seems to include Tyrion, Bashful, and apparently yourself. I'm not sure what to make of that, other than it's unusually high number of people.

Why does having a strong opinion make someone more suspicious? I think it may make them less suspicious. The symp in particular but also the FM would be wary of killing an ally this early in the game.

Why does having a strong opinion make someone more suspicious? I think it may make them less suspicious. The symp in particular but also the FM would be wary of killing an ally this early in the game.

I guess because the way I play I don't understand where they come from. I've never understood someone being able to extract a reasonable suspicion from RP. Obviously I'm glad they do, because it gets the game going, but I've never really got where it comes from. Any suspicion that is formed really ought to be pretty weak. A strong opinion just doesn't seem congruent with someone honestly analysing a bunch of jokes. What you say has merit as day one progresses, however, and later people hedging their bets and not taking a stand really is suspicious.

Argh, apparently I mixed up Gimli and Tyrion L.- probably because they're both that tall. :blushing:

Well, I still like that Gimli did look for symp clues (even if it was in a rather jokey way). But then I also agree with Tyrion that a symp might take a chance to make a rather blunt move to signal his masters. :blink:

I also wonder what happened to Doc.... <_<

Tyrion

Other than making the first serious post(and I don't think his point was unbelievably ridiculous), what else has he done?

Argh, apparently I mixed up Gimli and Tyrion L.- probably because they're both that tall. :blushing:

Well, I still like that Gimli did look for symp clues (even if it was in a rather jokey way). But then I also agree with Tyrion that a symp might take a chance to make a rather blunt move to signal his masters. :blink:

I also wonder what happened to Doc.... <_<

Thats kinda weird because at the time you said you liked the way Gimli thinks, but meant Tyrion, his main point was that Gimli was FM. If you mixed them up, what were you liking about Tyrion's way of thinking?

But then I also agree with Tyrion that a symp might take a chance to make a rather blunt move to signal his masters. :blink:

I take it you mean something slightly less blunt than confessing, which is what Tyrion thought had happened.

I still don't believe this is likely. To repeat myself, the symp stands to gain no more than usual (decreases the risk of them being NKed) but risks more than usual (team evil could lose present power if the symp is killed) by exposing themselves. The symp gains something if their masters make a blunt move, but what FM would do that?

Archived