About references

Evrach

I was wondering about the way the references are actually noted. I think there's a problem with the way some people make the references at this time. For exemple, in the page Todder, It's noted "A Game of Thrones. Jon, p.179" & "A Game of Thrones. Jon, p.180". The problem is that the number of the page depends of the version of the book you have ! The page number isn't the same if you have Hardcover, Paperback, Premium, British, American, etc version isn't it ? Some other articles like Jaime Lannister uses chapters, that is better OMHO. I don't have a preconceived opinion, but I think it'll be a good thing if we could decide ONE way to coordinate/harmonize the way the references are done.

What do you think about this ?

That's paradoxal ; you want the exact page, but it will be the exact page just for a few percent of the people, the ones who's got the same version as yours. The chapters are the same everywhere, no matter the version, no matter the language, no matter the country.

We have something like that for the first three books at the Citadel, trying to cover several different English editions, though as you can see we never really filled them out very far nor have we gotten around to handling AFfC. But if it would serve as a start, by all means feel free to appropriate it. :)

Archived