More/less Screen Time

For characters like Renly, Varys and Littlefinger there amount of sceentime is more likely to depend on who they cast. If they get a known name or an actor who shines, I suspect they will boost their appearances accordingly.

I'm surprised someone was askign for more Catelyn. I like the character but she already gets a strong share of chapters as it is - she doesn't really need any more.

I'll be amazed if Robb doesn't get more screentime. I think he'll be a bit of a draw looks wise and should come across well. John may have a little less screentime as they may be worried they turn him into an emo whine boy. Then again if they want to capture the twilight audience they should give loads of screen time and introduce the red-head (forgotten her name - you know nothing red snow) so that Jon can fret over not being able to have sex.

I think with Sansa, Arya and Bran they will ease the characters in. None of them have a ton to do and until the very end of the book, a lot of their material can be done through the adults. We could probably do without a lot of Bran's dreams, unless they are confident they can handle it in a non-repetitive way.

People keep saying how Jaime will get more screentime but what about our other "favourite villain" Theon. It would make sense to build him up as he will carry a lot of a potential season 2. On the whole Theon's scenes will go hand in hand with Robb, so if Robb gets more screentime so does Theon. I think this could work really well as they can give us more time to understand just how close these two friends are. It will result in a far better pay-off when the season 2 betrayal occurs and it will be fun spotting all the "evil" hints concerning Theon throughout season 1.

I would defently up Robb's screan time, along with Theon in the first season so that the audeance cares more about them in Season 3 and 2 respectivly. Because I know that the fact that we didn't see Robb as much as we could have, made me care a bit less about the red wedding, well that and my dislike of Cat. And if they want to pump Robb up to be a bit more emo tweenie for the twlight crowd I'm ok with that because he will be gone relitivly quickly.

Archived