NFL VI - I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

Mya Stone

Continuation.

I'm at work, and my supervisor is a Dallas fan, so I had to cheer them on in order to ensure we would have a decent work night.

I'm loving that Romo hasn't really had a bad game in December yet - yet the Boys are 1-2 this month. Maybe this win against the Saints means the tide is turning.

Or maybe it's just proving the "any given Sunday" (ok, Saturday night) mantra of the NFL. As I do not have the NFL network, I'm flying blind with this first post.

Also, on the subject of Manning getting less love than Brady? Brady's not really getting the love this year (deservedly so) - it's all Farve, all the time. (Annoyingly so.) I guess now I know how you all felt when Tommy was getting media-head from all outlets in 2001-2007. :P

I think Manning deserves credit, to be sure, but I still can't believe the Colts are unbeaten. They just don't seem THAT solid to me. But then again, you have any other QB in that situation in Indy, and the Colts easily have at least 4 losses.

Continuation.

I'm at work, and my supervisor is a Dallas fan, so I had to cheer them on in order to ensure we would have a decent work night.

I'm loving that Romo hasn't really had a bad game in December yet - yet the Boys are 1-2 this month. Maybe this win against the Saints means the tide is turning.

Or maybe it's just proving the "any given Sunday" (ok, Saturday night) mantra of the NFL. As I do not have the NFL network, I'm flying blind with this first post.

Obviously New Orleans didn't play all that way. Dallas forced 3 turnovers and got up by 14 fast. So New orleans completely abandoned the run. As I said in the previous post, Dallas ran very effectively on the Saints. There werent any huge runs, but they were getting like 5-6 yards a pop so they were always in 3rd and manageable. That may have been the difference in the game.

And yes, Tony Romo has been having a great month. Lat 4 games, 8 TD;s, No picks, 3 out of 4 300 yard games. On the year he has 23 TD's and only 7 Int's with almost 4000 yards. Bad coaching and missed tackles are what killed them vs. San Diego and The Giants.

Now the game at Washington becomes huge. If they can win that (and that's no easy thing as Dallas/Washington games are ALWAYS tight) then it sets up a huge game in week 17. Could be Dallas vs. Philly for the NFC East title.

But unlike last year it will probably be the case that regardless of who wins that game, it will just determine seeding. With the Vikings being only one game back of NO now I don't see them resting in week 17 versus the Giants. Thus Eagles/Cowboys will just be to determine the winner of the NFC East and who is the number 4 seed and who is the number 6 seed.

But unlike last year it will probably be the case that regardless of who wins that game, it will just determine seeding. With the Vikings being only one game back of NO now I don't see them resting in week 17 versus the Giants. Thus Eagles/Cowboys will just be to determine the winner of the NFC East and who is the number 4 seed and who is the number 6 seed.

yep and that seeding is huge. It's the difference between playing at home and going on the road. Winner will probably host the loser or host Green Bay. Loser would probably go to Arizona or the other team's home. That pretty big.

mini rant: I can't get the radio and the TV to sync up. One of them must be stopping and starting the broadcast in order to fit in commercials. I'd much rather listen to that nutbar Ron Wolfley than whoever is calling the game on Fox.

wow that was an awesome throw and catch at the end of the Steelers/Packers game. I just couldn't see the Steelers losing 6 in a row but it took a miracle to make that happen

Man that's gotta hurt for the Packers. That reminded me of the playoff game against the Eagles where the Packers gave up a 4th and 18 play to keep the Eagles alive.

Bears. wow...they need help BAD and it will only come players-wise in the top 10 of the 3rd round. Forget Culter for a moment, how about that deal that sent a 2nd rounder to Tampa for Gaines Adams. A bust in Tampa, a ghost in Chicago.

Right now if I had to pick the best team in the league, it would be San Diego.

Bears. wow...they need help BAD and it will only come players-wise in the top 10 of the 3rd round. Forget Culter for a moment, how about that deal that sent a 2nd rounder to Tampa for Gaines Adams. A bust in Tampa, a ghost in Chicago.

And with a little luck, that move is the actual nail in the coffin that is the Bears front office and entrie coaching staff. The whole thing needs to be blown up.

hurrah that the Cards clinched today. having first round home field means an extra couple hundred dollars of income for me driving around tourists and sports people. :thumbsup:

Now if only they can get to the superbowl again... And if only the Suns can keep winning too.

Really good game last night between the Bengals and Chargers. I'm just sad it ended the way it did. I can't say I'm surprised though. Our ability to beat ourselves is incredible, whether it's 3 straight false starts to destroy a drive or a 20 yard loss on a fumble inside the red zone. Being inside the red zone 4 times and only getting 1 TD against the Chargers is just poor play and until we can consistently score TDs, we're going to be a good but not great team.

I'm glad we they were able to open up the passing game yesterday. If teams want to load everyone in the box like SD did, then they need to be able to pass and they did. They just couldn't convert the opportunities in the Red Zone, which is no real surprise as the moment Henry went down, we became completely inept in scoring TDs.

That being said, I'm unbelievably proud of them. No team in this league has had to deal with the adversity that Cincinnati has. No one is even close. And yet they're still one win away from winning the AFC North and getting a home game in the playoffs. That makes me happy. It gives me hope for the future even if this year isn't our year.

The funeral for Henry is on Tuesday. I can only hope that after Tuesday, they focus and get back to work as they still need to beat KC to get into the playoffs. I want them to finish strong. I want them to have some momentum going into their game against Baltimore or Denver (really really hope it's Denver). I won't lie though, I am worried. KC isn't a great team but they beat Pitt and they can beat us. Last time we had a major death (Zimmer's wife), we played extremely flat against Houston the week after the funeral. We're known for our December collapses and I'm really scared this could be one of them. Two deaths, one of which is a loved player, is a lot to overcome. I really hope they can get it together.

Anyway, congratulations to the Chargers. They're an incredibly good team.

I feel for the Packers O. To put up that superb late fourth quarter effort to finally give your team the lead... only to watch your D snatch defeat from the jaws of victory thanks to indiscipline. One of the Roethlisberger's throws got intercepted, but another Packers committed a penalty on that play, keeping the Steelers' drive alive when it could have been shut down then and there. Why didn't the Packers D try to put more pressure on Roethlisberger on that final Steelers drive? It was like they were willing to let him throw however he wanted, then deal with whatever came from that.

Oh, and looks like Jay Cutler found a new and exciting way to suck, with the lowest passer rating of his career to go along with his usual interceptions.

One of the Roethlisberger's throws got intercepted, but another Packers committed a penalty on that play, keeping the Steelers' drive alive when it could have been shut down then and there.

That interception was created by the player who committed the penalty, so it's possible, even likely, that the pick wouldn't have happened without the foul.

Week 15 and 2 to go:

-Pats play a moribund Bills team, have a lot of “screw you” pent-up frustration, hoping to get Moss to come up big, and …. They win by 7 in a relatively “meh” performance. Way to not suck that bad, guys. My favorite part of the game was the Randy Moss post-game sound bite where he said that “these shoulders… you can put the weight of the world on them…” I mean, Randy… its not like you survived a plane crash wherein you lost your mom, daughter and wife, and then stormed on the field and had a 12-163 2 TD day. Every now and then I think you sound like a lunatic.

I mean, as one of the radio shows said this morning, if Randy Moss was an accountant and you were at diner and he said “these shoulders…” wouldn’t you ask for the check?

And I would like it if Tom Brady could not be so remarkably mediocre down the stretch. Granted, he is literally the only reason we are even in the playoffs what with is playing with 6 people on Defense. But hey, we beat a terrible Bills team by 7. That’s almost as good as losing to the Colts by 1.

-I have to hand it to the Cowboys (who, I loathe) – they played inspired football, on the road and shoved a loss down the throats of a remarkably mortal-looking Saints team. Romo played great, Ware was a beast, the whole team seemed to make it all happen. There is no punch line here, mostly because I am happy Ware is not in a hospital bed someplace after last week’s game.

-I loved watching Steelers-Packers. Kinda pissed the Pack lost, but Big Ben was stud-tacular. And you could hardly see his third chin this week. But 500 yards passing?

-I was very pleased to watch both Pats AFC East rivals lose this week. The Jets are the best D in football (and in some ways the ONLY D in football). But 7 points in 4 quarters? And Miami losing in OT was fun. I know, I know- this comes like 3 weeks after I said how I don’t take much pleasure watching other teams lose. Well, this one was only special because of the playoff race; if the Pats were 6-8 (which is a more likely record for them) I would not have cared.

-The Browns score 41 points ALL OF WHICH were scored by 3 players – Josh Cribbs (Studd), Jerome Harrison, and the kicker, Phil Sawson. Brady Quinn meanwhile goes 10-17 66 yards and 2 INTs. His QB rating was 27.7. Again, there are just some things that need to be said out loud so read this next sentence out loud: Brady Quinn blows. I cannot believe I am about to say this but … .the Miami Dolphins were 100% correct to not take him in that draft. Ted Guinn… who cares? They could have taken Ted Baxter – it was the right call.

-Right now, in a subterranean lair somewhere, there is a skeleton in a track suit cackling menaichally as he says “JaMarcus Russell! HAHAHAHA!!! I knew it!!! HAHAHAHA!!!” And then he poops himself.

-Is there a point where I can believe that the Chargers are remarkably overrated AND be afraid of them? Is there any way? They did all they needed to do to win against an inspired Bengals team that played well. I mean… Phillip Rivers is the man, and LT is STILL an incredible bitch, but at least they are not relying on him anymore.

-Bucs get their second win of the season… I feel like we need to be reminded about these things.

-How tremendous is the Jay Cutler implosion? I mean other than being a Bears fan- having to watch this monstrosity each and every week, after you somehow sold yourself on believing Jay Cutler was actually a good QB just to find out he’s statistically only slightly better than Rex Grossman. He went 10-27 with 0 TDs 3INTs. That gives him a league leading 25 picks. That’s one season, folks. By contrast, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have 24 COMBINED! Really, mad props to the Bears for continuing to provide me with hours of joy.

-The Vikings got lit up by the Matt Moore lead Panthers. And Brett Favre got into a hissy fit with his coach, which exposed two things – Brett Favre is still a me-first player and Bardd Childress is still an idiot. Lets all wonder how great this will end up. My feeling is that it ends with a completely impromptu home implosion to the Eagles in the second rd of the playoffs. I can dream, right?

That interception was created by the player who committed the penalty, so it's possible, even likely, that the pick wouldn't have happened without the foul.

Oops, mistake on my part. The Packers D still sucked on that drive, though.

Something just does not look right when watching my Patriot offense play. Lack of TE's? Lack of something.

I am definitely glad I watched the Sunday night game. I was not feeling great about the Panthers chances, but Peppers took control of that Defense. Me wantee Peppers on the Patriots. :blush: Just like the Saints game it is not surprising what a little pressure can do to an elite QB.

Archived