Football 16

Mme Erzulie

It is possible to check you're not going to crash into someone with that elbow/arm before jumping. I'm thinking Daniele de Rossi jumping into Brian McBride in the 2006 WC - as I recall, de Rossi said afterwards that though it had been totally unintentional, it had been his responsibility to check McBride wasn't there before he leapt in.

This incident was less severe in terms of outcome - no blood and stitches - it was precisely the same setup. To say it's near-impossible to jump without using arms isn't to say players can't be careful about which way those arms are pointing.

Absolutely. It's also impossible to tackle without directing your studs towards the other player's legs, after all. Yet of course that isn't carte blanche for you to tackle in a way that risks injury to other players. If you challenge for a high ball, it is your responsibility to do so safely.

It's official, then: Craig Levein is the new Scotland manager. And I am wrong again. :P

Quite pleased, in a way, to be wrong. The major obstacle was Levein's previous history with the SFA, something all parties seem to have been willing to put aside. I'm glad of that. Whether he's the right appointment remains to be seen. He was excellent with Hearts, but although his time with Leicester was difficult, I'm always sceptical of hard-luck stories from managers who go south.

His desire to be involved with development is also admirable - so long as it doesn't result in a 'too many cooks' situation.

I don't know whether to be absolutely gutted or absolutely delighted. :(

Try to remain none commitated about it, but in such a way that at a later date if he bombs or is a success you can claim you predicted it! :ph34r:

At least Liverpool won today, albeit at home against 10-men Wolves. We made it look difficult. Aquilani had a decent game though, I hope he stays fit. This team badly needs to rediscover some confidence and cohesion.

Chelsea and Spurs both helped us by drawing, perhaps ManU, Arsenal an Villa can do the same for us tomorrow.

Was Anelka injured today, or just rested ahead of Drogba's absence? Sturridge seemed a little lost out there and made Kalou look great. What have they been feeding Mikel?

perhaps ManU, Arsenal an Villa can do the same for us tomorrow.

Was Anelka injured today, or just rested ahead of Drogba's absence? Sturridge seemed a little lost out there and made Kalou look great. What have they been feeding Mikel?

Not a chance! 2-1 The Goon. :pirate:

Yeah Anelka is injured and out until the middle of January, I think. At least out until the 3rd round of the FA Cup is done. Chelsea are really going to struggle for firepower now - the top of the table could see a complete reshuffle by the time the African Nations is finished. Man U don't lose anyone, I think, while Arsenal only lose two (better than previous tournaments!) to Chelsea's four first team players. Something like that.

^Luckily for Chelsea, Kalou is gone, he really is quite poor.

Sturridge will lead the attack on his own and Ballack will have to drop to DM. Lampard will have to step up and get goals big time.

Arsenal will miss Song, they've got no one else to hold midfield...Eboue not so much.

Sunderland will miss the Rock (Mensah) who was excellent today. Bad news considering Turner is suspended...Anton Ferdinand will have to play again...or George McCartney at CB...

We definitely need a couple of defenders in.

Man, I hope Hibs beat Rangers on Sunday. They would still be top, but the top 3 would actually be quite close. Hibs would be up to 35 points, ourselves at 36 and Rangers at 37. :)

Your hope was in vain. Hibs sounded pretty terrible, probably worse than Dundee United were against Rangers the other week..

Archived