Football 16

Mme Erzulie

Wasn't there another story recently of FIFA condemning a national federation because the government of the country interfered with football decisions ? Maybe Bolivia ? Or Chile ? I think it was a South American country.

This decision has been made for the same reason (intervention from national governement is to be banned), but I really think that they should have taken into account the circumstances. A football team was shot at and people died, they should have kept that in mind.

For me it's the same as banning a child from school because he didn't show up to class and has no excuse note from his parents, when the reason he didn't show up in the first place is because he had a car accident with his family, his mother died and his father is in a coma...

Wasn't there another story recently of FIFA condemning a national federation because the government of the country interfered with football decisions ? Maybe Bolivia ? Or Chile ? I think it was a South American country.

Yeah. Can't remember the country but it did also happen in Poland recently, when the government interceded in the fixing scandal, and iirc there was another European country as well - Greece perhaps?

This is a completely different situation even if you don't take the actual emotion of the situation into account - in those the governments got actively involved in the rules of the game, here they simply put pressure on the team to withdraw.

Archived