Dragon Age: Origins IV

a wooden chair

I’m wondering if there is anything in the game that can only be done by a warrior PC. Mages can get some benefits from rescuing Connor, rogues are the only class with stealth and thus are the only ones who can trigger the second branch of the "Crime Wave" sidequests, but what do warriors get that none of the other two classes can attain? Does anyone know?

I can't remember the full name of the spell but its like Crushing Prison. That also shatters iced foes.

I have much love for Crushing Prision - though sometimes it doesn't seem to always immobilize the target (like if it isn't humanoid).

They get an overabundance of warrior companions to further invalidate the need for a warrior as the PC.. oh wait.

Hahaha, too true.

I'm tempted to play through the Human Noble story again, but not sure it would be worth it to roll a warrior.

Hubby said he would probably tell Sten and Oghren /cya! on his next play through since he doesn't use them - he just sticks with Alistair (who is all you really need, wink.gif ).

I haven't told anyone they should leave - I think I'd feel bad. "Yeah, I know - redemption, blah blah. Sucks to be you, but you're off at the next rock we stop at."

They get an overabundance of warrior companions to further invalidate the need for a warrior as the PC.. oh wait.

Heh.

They get the biggest boost from the fade +stat bonuses I think. IIRC its +5str which is more than any other stat.

No, I counted on my second time through. It's +5 Cunning, +4 Str, Dex and Wil, +2 Magic and Constitution. Plus rogues can also use a bit of strength to wear slightly better armour.

I'm tempted to play through the Human Noble story again, but not sure it would be worth it to roll a warrior.

Hubby said he would probably tell Sten and Oghren /cya! on his next play through since he doesn't use them - he just sticks with Alistair

I'm contemplating making a kind of "combat rogue", eschewing most of the Cunning-based talents (except possibly for stealth), focusing on the weapon talents instead, and just putting points in to strength and dexterity and end up wearing armour as massive as any warrior's.

And Sten has become one of my favourite characters. It takes some effort to get to know him (and it is easy to piss him off) but he has an awesome dry wit and the glimpses of Qunari culture you get through his conversations are interesting. They seem to be the most unique aspect of the entire Dragon Age setting.

Plus he loves flowers, cookies and kittens. And makes the Portal reference in the epilogue (are these mandatory these days, btw?).

I'm contemplating making a kind of "combat rogue", eschewing most of the Cunning-based talents (except possibly for stealth), focusing on the weapon talents instead, and just putting points in to strength and dexterity and end up wearing armour as massive as any warrior's.

I did that with my first guy. I ended up going into the Dual Wielding tree, specialized in being a Duelist and an Assassin. I maxed out my stealth and just got enough Cunning to go after the Persaude skills. He was able to demolish single foes and if I kept a plethora of healing potions on me, he was hard to kill (1 death). The only thing that he struggled with was the intial barrage by a mage, if I got through that, then everyone would die to a flurry of weapon strikes. The only problem with the massive armor is it can screw your tank over because enemies tend to charge the massive armor wearer first. If you have advanced stealth you can remain hidden and let your tank pick up your foes.

The only thing that Warriors get in my mind, that is worthwhile, is access to sword and board, or two handed weapons, along with some nice talents to use them. And for whatever reason, I really like the champion aspect, I enjoy letting out a big yell and watching everyone fall on their collective butts.

I'm not entirely sure but I think I've shattered Arl Howe in the dungeon.

I can imagine that being IMMENSELY satisfying. A more ignoble ending for him could hardly be devised.

I can imagine that being IMMENSELY satisfying. A more ignoble ending for him could hardly be devised.

I was hoping for a 'torture the bastard' option - but was disappointed.

Had this whole idea and quote:

"No, you're going to live as I have - seeing everything you know and love turn to ashes: your House in ruins, your estate burned to the ground, your family decimated. And if I let you live long enough, you might even get to see me be Queen, and erase your existence from Ferelden's memory."

*sigh* Having to live out my fantasies in fanfiction...

"No, you're going to live as I have - seeing everything you know and love turn to ashes: your House in ruins, your estate burned to the ground, your family decimated. And if I let you live long enough, you might even get to see me be Queen, and erase your existence from Ferelden's memory."

I finally got around to making my human Noble rogue, and I now understand the hatred of Howe, previously for me it was because he was torturing gits, now I've got added reasons for his forthcoming stabbity stab stab

Even better, turn him into a Grey Warden.

Looking through the various mods. Somebody made a Storage Chest mod for the camp, something I thought was sorely lacking in this game. Apparently, it will disappear during the various camp attacks because those are actually different areas, but when you return to camp the chest will be there again. Only minor flaw as I see it.

Looking through the various mods. Somebody made a Storage Chest mod for the camp, something I thought was sorely lacking in this game. Apparently, it will disappear during the various camp attacks because those are actually different areas, but when you return to camp the chest will be there again. Only minor flaw as I see it.

Yeah, making something as basic as a storage chest part of a DLC (and then putting it in an inconvenient place) was a pretty silly move by Bioware, considering the game is easily modable on PC. Console users are kinda screwed in this respect, though.

The what now? My camp was never attacked. I feel as though I missed out :(

They're really not that exciting, don't worry. Kind of pathetic, really. Have you played through the whole game? Not sure how you couldn't have had them, I'm pretty sure they are triggered events based on your progress through the main quests in the game.

I hate the Brood mother. Just sayin'.

If you run that fight the right way, it can be pretty easy. I barely got hurt the whole time in that thing; I think I only used two poultices (did use a lot of Lyrium, however). A lot could depend on your party make-up, though.

They're really not that exciting, don't worry. Kind of pathetic, really. Have you played through the whole game? Not sure how you couldn't have had them, I'm pretty sure they are triggered events based on your progress through the main quests in the game.

Yeah, I beat it. I suppose I could just be forgetting them but I don't think I am. I had random encounters in which I was attacked, sure, but the camp itself? Not that I recall.

Ah well.

Yeah, I beat it. I suppose I could just be forgetting them but I don't think I am. I had random encounters in which I was attacked, sure, but the camp itself? Not that I recall.

I think some other people on the official forum reported that they didn't get attacked in camp (and as far as I recall it only happens once), so it's probably bugged in some way.

Archived