HBO 2010 Line-Up Trailer

Werthead

But if they do the same thing for 2011, I bet it will be (assuming pick-up). Hopefully in that bit at the end which seems to be the 'prestigious projects' sequence.

Also, unless something has passed me by, that's the first footage released for Boardwalk Empire and Treme (and for True Blood Season 3 as well). All looking good so far.

Weren't we supposed to be seeing GOT at the end of next year (2010)?

That was the original ball-park mentioned, but I think that was based on the pilot being filmed and picked up a lot sooner and production resuming a lot sooner than it has done.

As it stands, the chances of the TV series - if picked up - reaching the airwaves in 2010 is now all but gone. I'd say January 2011 is now, realistically (assuming pick-up), the earliest we could see the series, but even that is very tight given the mooted production schedule (they could still be filming then, depending on how long pre-production takes before shooting recommences). Spring 2011 may be more realistic. If it started in March, for example, it would be occupying the 'prestigious' slot that's gone this year to The Pacific and it would neatly fill up the three months to the end of May, ending just before True Blood resumes (assuming TB returns for a fourth season), which might be attractive to the HBO scheduling team.

I'd say January 2011 is now, realistically (assuming pick-up), the earliest we could see the series, but even that is very tight given the mooted production schedule (they could still be filming then, depending on how long pre-production takes before shooting recommences).

I have a feeling that the pre-production phase for the full season is going to be fairly short. They've already got their locations picked, some sets constructed, the majority of the main cast picked (including all the children, the hardest to cast). In addition, they have quite possibly already settled on certain actors for some of the remaining characters.

I think if HBO gives the season order in March, they could be filming by May, or even April depending on when in March they get the greenlight. Late April/early May + 30 weeks = filming wraps in late Oct/early Nov. Which, assuming a late Jan 2011 air date, would give them approx. 3 months of post before the first episode would air.

1 May + 30 weeks = 27 November.

Yes, if they start earlier than that, they could wrap earlier than that, but I think it would be fairly unlikely they'd get the go order and be filming just three or four weeks later. We also need to consider the availability of the cast (since we know Jennifer Ehle is unavailable until May because of her theatrical bookings, and some other actors may be in the same boat).

Archived