Vote on the Reputation System

Ran

Reputation System  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the reputation system adds something of value to the board?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, if you change it a bit...
    • Do not care either way.
  2. 2. If you voted Yes, please indicate how strongly you feel about it. 1 is not strongly, 5 is very strongly.

• 0 (Voted No)
  3. 3. If you voted No, please indicate how strongly you feel about it. 1 is not strongly, 5 is very strongly.

• 0 (Voted Yes)
  4. 4. If you voted for changing it, which changes would you like to see to make the system more useful on the forum? You may select multiple options.

• Positive voting only.
    • Removal of the feature from General Chatter.
    • Public voting history (i.e. everyone would see the most recent votes, and who initiated them; no more anonymity)
    • Change how many points are available each day (for example, more positive and negative votes, or more positive and the same or fewer negative votes).
    • Did not vote for changing
  5. 5. Respond to this statement: Ran is awesome.

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
    • Awesome? No. More like evil incarnate.
    • My hovercraft is full of eels.
    • Yeah, but I am awesomer.
    • No, but I am still awesome so it's all good.

:rofl:

Somebody negged you for this :lmao:

Injokes are not acceptable anymore Race you hear me!!!!! They can go to Forum Games, with Champagne, Onions and Zorses.

I figured that would happen, but I'm all about the injokes, even at the cost of my mostly harmless rep. :P

Either you're serious and the timing is hilarious, or you're not and it's still funny.

;)

Asking that question is the first prerequisite for entry to the NOOBcentration Camps.

But fear not! Work will show you the answer!

Help! No N00Bcentration camp, I'm weak and wouldn't break rocks well. Anyway, I've been posting too long (comparitively) not to be a proper Westeros party member and would never even think of having an alternate identity. :shocked: That's just sad.

Back on the subject though, dont we already have a short and sweet system of agreeing or disagreeing? The emoticons: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :agree: :bang: :bs: etc... And it takes care of the anonymity issue with nowhere to hide. No point system though, but who really cares about that.

Edit: Yay, I've used up my emoticons for the year on this post.

Edited by fitheach

In truth, for the most part, a reputation score tells the board (1) how often you post, (2) whether your posts are generally appreciated or not, and (3) whether someone has it out for you.

Wait. What about thousands of posts and pretty much a 0 reputation? All I've done for nothing!

An alt exists when a established boarder creates a new board identity often for the purposes of villainy. Sometimes "new" boarders appear acting questionably or with knowledge they can't possibly have are accused of being alts. However in recent years we've relaxed our standards for alt accusations and have pretty much extended them to all new boarders. Examples of alts include MeanMrMustard, Marcus Antonius and Jaxom 1974.

Also any mention of N00bcentration camps definitively proves you are, infact, an alt.

Bastard. You actually made me use the "negative" button. How the hell am I supposed to stay neutral in this discussion now?

I voted no, because my board reputation should clearly be much higher than it presently is.

That's because everybody recognized Matrim Fox Cauthon and the hammer-and-sickle Firefox - nobody knows High Priest Zadok! You gotta build up your new brand.

The only thing I don't like about the overall rating feature is that I'd prefer it if I could click on it to get a breakdown of all the posts I've made that have received +/-, and the votes they've received. It's kind of silly to have a number which is supposed, even in only a very small way, to assign some kind of worth with regard to the quality of your work, and have no way of assessing how that number came to be that number in the first place.

:thumbsup: :bowdown: :agree: ++ etc.

Guest Raidne

For some reason I can't vote.

Do you lose your ability to vote at the Chaotic Evil level? Like the system makes some sort of assumption that you are such a natural rule-breaker that you can no longer be entrusted with the sacred duty of allocating reputation points?