Is Robert Jordan a Sell-out?

zakalwe7

I registered just so I could add to this post. Haven't laughed so much reading a post in my whole life. I went thru an entire bag of Doritos and a 2-liter Coke while reading it.

I do have a question. From the earlier posts, it seems everyone is accustomed to OsRaven and know the reason for his spelling. Can someone tell me why exactly his spelling has to be so bad? Don't turn your wrath on me, OsRaven. I'm just curious.

Also, for those who wonder why readers buy/read WoT books if we just bash them, my reason is that I got hooked on the first 5 books, and have kept reading the next 6 in the hopes that they would be as good as the first 5. Don't know how many times I've promised myself not to buy his next book and then when it came out, thought: well, maybe this one will be better.

Shhh, fatbastard - it's OsRavAn. With an A. It's not a typo and Os can get quite touchy about it.

The reason for his spelling is, as far as I can gather, that he usually types in a dark room, misses the keys and doesn't consider it worth the bother to proofread. He says he's not in the least insulted if people ignore his posts on account of his spelling. It works, but only because there's only one such person - if everyone wrote like him, we could have no debate whatsoever.

People have tried to convince him to type better, but have not succeeded - he may have posted the odd correctly spelled reply or two, but this was just for novelty value. I, for one, tend to skip his posts if they are longer than 3 lines since I'd only give myself a headache trying to figure them out.

deadly seriosue ature

Good god, anyone would think we were sitting with NATO and the UN discussing how to bring about world peace.

N

Ha, yah like we would concern ourselves with some thing as trivial as world peace, this is the real important stuff I mean RJ being a sell out or not, now thats big. :rofl:

I think that Os could type just fine if he took the time. I just think that he is posting so damn much that he can't afford the time to spell check or slow down. Just look at his post count and see who is almost always at the to of the Daily poster list.

Maybe he spells badly for the attention. I believe he thinks it is cute. He even mis-spelled his name. Mostly I skip his posts and try to get the gist of what he is saying through other people's responses to him, if there are any.

Os has demonstrated that he can type when he needs to; he just feels that it is a waste of his time to correct his typing when replying on a forum.

Most of the time, I feel it is a waste of time to read his posts as a result. :)

He has typed (mostly) correctly a couple of times when he lost a bet, but normally it's like this. You get used to it after a while, unless you decide to not bother reading what he says in the first place (which I only do when I know what he's going to say, such as in Jordan threads :P)

Guest OsRavan

I'll just add/confirm that yes it is OsRavan. With an A. not an E. Not a typo. ::nods:: and as i always say, feel free to ignroe my posts if you like. no offence taken

Archived