GoT the Blog(s)

So, I don't get it. Why the hell does every recent entertainment news item about the series say that there are already 'two blogs' devoted to the pilot?

So far I count:

1) Winter is Coming

2) Westeros

3) Game of Thrones UK

4) Tower of the Hand (somewhat)

5) A Discussion Forum (which you are reading right now)

6) Facebook Site and Discussion Board: 'Fans of George R.R. Martin's HBO TV Series'

Is it just me or does that count as more than two blogs? Could it be that while all these people are talking about the unprecedented internet buzz of the show that they are actually underestimating that buzz? Regardless, I am just irked from reading that there are only two blogs about GoT. Had to get it off my chest.

ETA: #6

So, I don't get it. Why the hell does every recent entertainment news item about the series say that there are already 'two blogs' devoted to the pilot?

Because one early article about the series mentioned two blogs (I think WiC and Tower of the Hand site's blog), and all of the subsequent articles have been using that article as their source, without doing their own searches/research to see what else is out there about the show.

Because one early article about the series mentioned two blogs (I think WiC and Tower of the Hand site's blog), and all of the subsequent articles have been using that article as their source, without doing their own searches/research to see what else is out there about the show.

That's what I figured. It's stupid that it annoys me, but it does.

Kingthlayer, I consider the Westeros blog and this forum to be two seperate things. I mean, this forum subsection was pretty active before the blog really got going. It's also where all the people from the different websites actually come together and have conversations. It generates news as frequently as the personal blogs (which often cite the forum as a source). Plus, of course, a blog and a forum are two fundamentally different things.

Although I admit that some random EW blurb writer probably does not see this with the same delicately nuanced consideration that I do. :smoking:

Archived