Beric Dondarrion, Garlan Tyrell and Loras Tyrell

Romulocks

Jamie Bamber apparently auditioned for Jaime Lannister and of course, as we now know, narrowly lost out to Coster-Waldau. But apparently, the channel to be cast as other characters was left open. I've heard Beric Dondarrion thrown around, and I just wanted to throw my support behind that.

Beric Dondarrion

Jamie Bamber for Beric!

For Garlan and Loras, I really think that visualization of a fantasy knight is important. Of course my brain immediately flashes to a hack actor like Orlando Bloom...(yes, he's awful, but he's not as bad as Hayden Christensen or James Franco). He has those chivalric looks I'm aiming for. But with budget and quality over quantity, you just can't have everything you want.

For Garlan Tyrell I really like Hugh Dancy. Going back and trying to watch that god-awful film King Authur, you see a very few redeeming qualities gleaming like diamonds in a coal mine. Hugh Dancy is one of those as far as I'm concerned. I think he nails the look, and honestly, he's due a decent role as far as I'm concerned.

Garlan Tyrell - Garlan the Gallant

For Loras Tyrell don't I wish Charlie Hunnam was available. The kid is really underrated in my opinion

Alex Pettyfur is a name I didn't know before some research, but would LOVE to see this kid try and take his acting repertoire to the next level. He's nailing the looks as far as I'm concerned. Is it too much to hope that he has the chops for this.

Loras Tyrell - Beautiful

Really? Oh my God, that SUCKS. I love Jamie Bamber; I loved the show Battlestar Galactica and I loved his character. Still, I'm sure Coster-Waldau will be a great Jamie.

Still, I''d love to see Bamber get a role in this production, and a bigger role than that of Beric... could Bamber possibly be cast as Stannis? Does not fit the description perfectly, but they could do a lot with clothes and hair, if they tried, to make Bamber look more haggard and older.

Archived