How should the Title/Credit Sequence look and sound?

Ser Mos

I went and changed the title of this thread to make it clearer that it covers both what kind of scene the sequence will show and what kind of music will be playing.

About that music... I'd be very surprised if it was anything but heavily orchestral in its instrumentation. The music should hint at what the series is about. It is very serious, dark, adult, and epic. It tells of warring nations and people dying by the thousands. Of treachery and devious plots. Of the desire men have to rule. These are themes best portrayed by powerful brass sections and beautiful string melodies blended with sorrowful wind sections. Unusual wind instruments like bagpipes and modern, synthetic sounds just don't cut it for that effect. At least in my opinion.

Eh, probably not. The script gave no indication of this and the way its structured I don't think it would make sense. The script doesn't follow the POV structure of the books because many POV characters interact. On screen you see everything as an third person viewer, you are never inside their heads - there is no internal monologue.

Yeah, I remember this being mentioned. But I still think the internal dialogue in the novels is awesome (especially Tyrion's), it's a shame to loose it on screen.

I went and changed the title of this thread to make it clearer that it covers both what kind of scene the sequence will show and what kind of music will be playing.

About that music... I'd be very surprised if it was anything but heavily orchestral in its instrumentation. The music should hint at what the series is about. It is very serious, dark, adult, and epic. It tells of warring nations and people dying by the thousands. Of treachery and devious plots. Of the desire men have to rule. These are themes best portrayed by powerful brass sections and beautiful string melodies blended with sorrowful wind sections. Unusual wind instruments like bagpipes and modern, synthetic sounds just don't cut it for that effect. At least in my opinion.

Me, I hear drums. War drums.

2011 seems much more realistic than 2010, to me.

Yup. Not going to happen sooner.

But I still think the internal dialogue in the novels is awesome (especially Tyrion's), it's a shame to loose it on screen.

I'm sure some of the best bits might turn into dialogue. But internal monologue is difficult to work on TV.

Chez anime, but very beautiful. Such talented people!

Lol. Whats even better is reading a Chinese song of ice and fire forum (via the translation bar). Its so fun delving into totally different cultures and seeing how they essentially think exactly the same as us.

The translations themselves are so cool to read. Hand is prime minister. Tyrion Lannister becomes Ti Lang, its so awesome to see how international these books are.

Archived