Westeros Blog: HBO Says Game of Thrones "Fantastic"

Westeros

Michael Lombardo, head of programming at HBO, gave some comments concerning their pilot for George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones after HBO’s panels closed at the TCA press tour and the news was looking very good indeed! Matt Roush of TV Guide was the first to report via Twitter that the executives will see a rough cut in two weeks, and that the dailies looked good. He also confirmed what we’ve previously reported, that more scripts had been written by the Benioff and Weiss wriiting team.

Then James Hibberd followed up with a detailed account of the remarks from Lombardo. Some salient quotes follow:

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Very cool that the head of programming has become a fan of the books. I was nervous that it'd be decided on by a room full of 'suits' who don't really get the show (been watching too much Entourage), but this news sounds very promising.

I'd put the odds in favor at about 90-95% right now. Lombardo isn't the only guy in the room who makes the decision, but if he's behind it and he says the dailies are great, and they're all exictedly waiting to see the rough cut ... it's going to take some sort of disaster for it not to be greenlit.

Sweet! It was all the buzz about this (potential) show that finally got me to read Martin, so way to go HBO! Yes, I'm one of the influx of noobs this show is going to bring you, sorry. It's awesome to know that the big wigs at the channel are becoming Martin fans as well...

To Ran - Wait a minute, if you're the king o' the board... who's Westeros?! :dunce:

Ran - Wait a minute, if you're the king o' the board... who's Westeros?! :dunce:

When Ran posts a news item to the Westeros.org site, it generates a message in the forums by some amazing, magical power only he understands in the appropriate sub-forum.

Westeros is .... MINE! :pimp:

Well, I guess feudalism IS the best way to rule a sprawling empire such as a galaxy or an online forum... Hail to the king baby.

And yay new boarders! We need more Bad Ideas on this board!

I was thinking the exact same thing! I'll try and live up to my moniker.

Archived