Who is going to play Littlefinger?

xythil

Kinda surprising this rather large role has not been assigned yet.

Not really. They've only been casting the characters in the pilot episode until HBO picks up the full series. Littlefinger isn't in the pilot. Neither is Tywin, Varys, the Blackfish, Lord Commander Mormont and so on.

They'll be cast if and when HBO picks up the series.

I'd cast Garret Dillahunt. Saw him again since Deadwood in The Road, and he still has an edge playing identifiable creepy.

I dunno...isnt he a bit too good looking to be Littlefinger? Not that he's super attractive either. I am thinking they'll cast someone older with kind of an uncle-y look too him like Kevin Bacon or somebody.

I dunno...isnt he a bit too good looking to be Littlefinger? Not that he's super attractive either. I am thinking they'll cast someone older with kind of an uncle-y look too him like Kevin Bacon or somebody.

I wouldn't mind if they cast James Callis from BSG. Probably not cost as much to hire compared to Dillahunt too.

Except (again <_< ) Littlefinger is younger than Catelyn. The actor should look to be in his mid 30's.

Well, it would take a lot of make-up to age him down to 30-ish, but how about Vizzini?

Ok, now your joking right? Wallace Shawn has to be in his 60's- waaaay to old for Littlefinger.

More and more James Callas is Littlefinger to me, he's the right age, small stature, can easily be believable as Littlefinger... Of all the BSG actors who've been thrown around as contenders for roles (Tricia Helfer as Cercei, Jamie Bamber as Jaime), James Callas as LF is by far the best. He's also a great actor.

More and more James Callas is Littlefinger to me, he's the right age, small stature, can easily be believable as Littlefinger... Of all the BSG actors who've been thrown around as contenders for roles (Tricia Helfer as Cercei, Jamie Bamber as Jaime), James Callas as LF is by far the best. He's also a great actor.

Having just started watching BSG, and loving it (yes, I know I'm waaaaaay behind the times here...), I have to agree that James Callis would make a fantastic Littlefinger.

Jamie Bamber could do a number of roles. Renly, Beric, maybe. I actually think he'd make a pretty good Edmure - he's got the Tully good looks, definitely.

Katee Sackhoff would be Brienne if she was only taller.

Michael Hogan could be a pretty good Kevan Lannister, IMO.

I just wish, wish, WISH I could think of a good role for Mary McDonnell, because she's completely awesome. ASOIAF has practically no deep roles for women in their mid-fifties though :ohwell:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

Once again, my nomination for someone to be Littlefinger is the actor, Gordon Currie who portrayed the Anti-Christ in those Left Behind movies. And, in most of his other movie roles he has played conniving creeps who have silver tongues, and are smooth talkers. Gordon has a convincing accent as well.

Of course, my very first choice was Edward Norton, but we know such a big star won't be in a TV production!

I mentioned this in another thread (somewhere). I think John Simm or David Tennant would be good as Littlefinger. It was pointed out though that David is a bit too tall for the role. As I said in that thread too, not sure whether these guys careers would steer towards US TV or not, granted HBO is a little different.

I like the idea of James Callis but feel he's already played a similar role and would be recognised as a villian which kind of ruins the surprise of just how sneaky Littlefinger is (other characters' impression of him is he's nothing to worry about).

Actually, I've just thought of Mark Shepherd as Littlefinger. He's in *everything*. I could see it and he's little! ;)

I like the idea of James Callis but feel he's already played a similar role and would be recognised as a villian which kind of ruins the surprise of just how sneaky Littlefinger is (other characters' impression of him is he's nothing to worry about).

But he would be so perfect! Sean Bean is known for playing heroes and they still went for him. If Callis can play the villain well, it should be more of a reason for him to get the part. Assuming that he auditions for it of course...

I mentioned this in another thread (somewhere). I think John Simm or David Tennant would be good as Littlefinger. It was pointed out though that David is a bit too tall for the role. As I said in that thread too, not sure whether these guys careers would steer towards US TV or not, granted HBO is a little different.

I could see David Tennant. I don't think the height is really pivotal in the role though. And he is totally lovable so -no one- would see it (it being Littlefinger's scheming) comin!!

But Littlefinger's sudden yet inevitable betrayal has to nevertheless catch us a bit off guard.

The depth of LF's evil should be a surprise but he's a villain all along.

We know that he lied about the dagger almost immediately and he's leering at Sansa. We also know that he lied about taking Catelyn's maidenhead.

Archived