Who is going to play Littlefinger?

xythil

Hasn't Aidan Gillen been mentioned in relation to the role? I think his agent was putting out feelers anyway.

I absolutely love James Callis, and in the beginning I was all "YES! PERFECT!" but now I'm inclined to agree that it would signpost LF's untrustworthiness too early. In BSG whenever he got that "trust me, I'm your friend" look on his face you were inclined to call bullshit on it.

Aidan Gillen is better. In The Wire whenever he got that "trust me, I'm your friend" look on his face it looked plausible. Even if you never truly trusted him, you were inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hasn't Aidan Gillen been mentioned in relation to the role? I think his agent was putting out feelers anyway.

I absolutely love James Callis, and in the beginning I was all "YES! PERFECT!" but now I'm inclined to agree that it would signpost LF's untrustworthiness too early. In BSG whenever he got that "trust me, I'm your friend" look on his face you were inclined to call bullshit on it.

Aidan Gillen is better. In The Wire whenever he got that "trust me, I'm your friend" look on his face it looked plausible. Even if you never truly trusted him, you were inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Totally forgot about Aidan Gillen! I'm on season 1 of The Wire with Netflix, so Im not sure how soon I'll see him... And now I know not to trust his character. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

When littlefinger got his Trust me look I was always inclined to call bullshit. I never understood why Ned and Catylan trusted him.

Well childhood friendship does that. Ned never totally trusted LF but he had to trust somebody a little.

OMG Blauer!!! Wallace Shawn is too old for Little Finger, but what a fantastic choice for Varys!!!

As far as Petyr goes, I like Callis, but another name I've tried to introduce into the discussion over at WiC is Craig Parker.

My link

Craig Parker would be awesome! But, he is already playing the creepy Darken Rahl character on LOTS. Also, Craig is in Spartacus: Blood and Sand. So, he is quite busy now. However, he would be a terrific Littlefinger. Craig portrays sneaky guys perfectly!

Yes, I know Craig was on LOTS. I also know that Seeker isn't anywhere close to the same type of series that Thrones will be. I do watch Seeker though and while not first-class TV its not completely horrible either. Its something mindless and fun at times for fantasy geeks to chew on while we wait for the Holy Grail. Seeker is certianly more enteriaining than Merlin or any of the current Sci-Fi stuff (including the lousy mini-series they put on). In fact, off the top of my head I would submit that Seeker is currently the best thing out there for wannabe wizards to watch.

Out of the main actors, Parker was probably the best actor of the cast. He did what he could with the material which was often times overly dramatic and polarized its players in either pure white or pitch black.

I saw something in him that told me he could handle a show with more depth. Littlefinger is a much more diverse character than Darken Rahl. I think Parker would not only handle the role ably, I think the chance to tackle a large role on a major (and much better produced all-around) show would be something Craig would really want to try his best at.

Archived