Eastercon 2010 /Odyssey

Alytha

• 4 weeks later...

Who's going there?

I'd like to, but I don't want to end up on my own with thousands of strange people ;)

Anyone up for sharing a room? :)

I don't want to be a pain but I reckon that if you change the title to something mentioning a con and London it might get some more nibbles.

Unless EasterCon has changed a lot in the last few years, I don't think you'll see a thousand people at the convention. Check out the con website, contact someone on the committee and see what sort of attendance they are expecting.

At EasterCon there will be an announcement concerning the next bid from the UK for WorldCon: it's dear old Glasgow vs. the Docklands.

At EasterCon there will be an announcement concerning the next bid from the UK for WorldCon: it's dear old Glasgow vs. the Docklands.
Interesting. I suppose it depends what/where the UK is up against though.

Interesting. I suppose it depends what/where the UK is up against though.

So far, there is no other bid for that year.

Matter of fact, right now, I don't think there's a competing bid for any of the years currently under consideration.

So now it's just Glasgow v. the Docklands. I'm rooting for Glasgow and Mr Singh's for dinner.

For all that it would be nice (in terms of convenience) to have it here Docklands is nothing special. Although I don't plan to be living in the SE of England by then anyway so Glasgow sounds fine to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Have fun at Eastercon, guys...

if you see a 7ft (no joke) guy who looks a bit like a wookie with glasses, accompanied by a 5ft something woman who looks a lot like Nelly Furtado, say hello from me ;)

Archived