Lost season 6 thread

marwyn

Has anyone worked out what the other images observed in the lighthouse mirror were and who they 'belonged to' (before Jack saw his old house I mean)?

Still really looking forward to the Richard ep. And the Sayid one. :)

Has anyone worked out what the other images observed in the lighthouse mirror were and who they 'belonged to' (before Jack saw his old house I mean)?

We paused the show as they popped up...the first one looked like an Asian temple of some sort, so probably Sun's father's house? The second one was hard for us to figure out, but my friend said it looked like a church. Maybe the church where Jacob touched Sawyer?

Per Lostpedia:

The church where Sawyer attended his parents' funeral is one of the buildings seen briefly in the mirrors of the lighthouse. ("The Incident, Part 2")

The location where Jin and Sun were married and touched by Jacob can be seen in the mirror in the lighthouse. ("The Incident, Part 2")

What made Claire's performance so creepy for me is the juxtaposition of crazed and cutie pie. The smile she gave Jin at the end when she said 'this is my friend' was very much the old cutie pie Claire, but we had just seen her bury an axe in Justin. She gave a good performance.

The similarities of Claire and Rousseau are obviously intentional, but I have no idea what it is supposed to mean. It has to mean something, right?

Someone mentioned this epi being a parallel to the substitute and I was reminded of David's school. It looked like a Catholic School. So the Man of Science sends his son to a religious school and the Man of Faith accepts his lot and teaches a science class. I love the layers in this show.

For the record, my guess for the skeletons has always been Rose and Bernard, but I can't make the timing work. There would be precious little time for them to die and be artfully arranged with the stones around their neck before Jack and co. blowed shit up. It's still my best guess, but have no idea how it would play out.

For the record, my guess for the skeletons has always been Rose and Bernard, but I can't make the timing work. There would be precious little time for them to die and be artfully arranged with the stones around their neck before Jack and co. blowed shit up. It's still my best guess, but have no idea how it would play out.

so did they NOT travel back in time with others? They stay in the 70's in retirement, go back to the caves in retirement and die there?

One thing though...in season 1, had they just left those bodies in the cave like that?

Yeah. I never said it was logical. :blush: To be fair, I formed this theory when we didn't know what happened to Rose and Bernard. Their appearance in the finale and the very, very small window of time in which this would have to happen makes it unlikely, but until I come up with a better solution, I'm riding this horse to the finish line.

Yeah. I never said it was logical. :blush: To be fair, I formed this theory when we didn't know what happened to Rose and Bernard. Their appearance in the finale and the very, very small window of time in which this would have to happen makes it unlikely, but until I come up with a better solution, I'm riding this horse to the finish line.

no, actually I agree with you! I put in too many question marks! :laugh: But I'm puzzled by why the bodies are still there. Maybe the Incident affected on-Island as well. :idea:

I have no idea who "Wallace" is (other than being Gromit's pet) but my first thought was it has to be Desmond coming back to the Island. Who knows. Ugh..so many layers.

But so many nice touches. The Looking Glass= the magic mirror. That is really cool.

Speaking of past tidbits, how about Jack's tattoo's? "He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us". Perhaps like Jacob and the Others. Kal mentioned wanting Hurley to be the One but really, wouldn't you want Hurley to get OFF the island? The "winner" of the candidates probably gets a life of seclusion guarding the island, guiding and shepherding (heh) a group of damaged people. Hopefully some of the people will be able to get off the island and be able to lead a normal life. Of all of the Losties, Hurley is the most deserving.

quote name='Werthead' date='24 February 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1267010723' post='2064029']

We find out what the Island actually 'is' halfway through the season and hear about it from Alpert, which I'm assuming means his centric episode (609, I believe). According to E! Online, the Island can be described as a four-letter word with no As or Es in it, and only one other vowel.

Possibilities: Brig, Bomb, City, Dock, Dojo, Doom, Door, Dump, Duty, Fort, Gift, Guru, Hymn, Ibis, Link, Lock, Luck, Moth, Null, Onyx, Plug, Pond, Rift, Rock, Ruby, Ship, Shop, Sign, Sunk, Thin, Tomb, Town, Twin, Whim, Wish, Womb, Wolf, Word, Work

Something I missed:

Hurley hypothesises that maybe some of them go back in time and become Adam and Eve. Which is interesting because that has been a very popular theory. Hurley talking about it suggests they may be ruling it out ahead of time.

What is interesting is that the skeletons had the black and white stones on them. So maybe they were prior incarnations of maybe Jacob and MIB?

I think you're confusing evil and bad here.

+1

Jack can be a good guy and still be a huge douchebag. Which he is. Oh noes, this majorly important guy who rules this magical island actually (gasp) thinks I'm speshul! MUST SMASH PRETTY LIGHTHOUSE NOW

Sigh.

Jack has done plenty of things as evil as 'bury the hatchet in an Other'. I don't see that as an inherently evil act. Heck, I don't see the Others as inherently good guys either; they've been right pricks most of their time on the island, though I will say that they're awfully self-righteous about it. Claire's nuts, but why is this 'evil'? Heck, why is MiB considered so evil - because he wanted to kill creepy stalker Jacob and get off the island?

So far, smokey's killed the pilot (for some reason), Eko (because he wouldn't repent and who had done really bad things), various mercenaries of Widmore and Jacob. He's also helped Locke save the island from the mercs, helped Jack find the caves, possibly helped Hurley and Charlie and has actually (gasp) told people useful stuff. Jacob, meanwhile, has creepily watched people off the island and randomly appeared in their lives to fuck with them.

So which one is the 'good' one again?

Hurley hypothesises that maybe some of them go back in time and become Adam and Eve. Which is interesting because that has been a very popular theory. Hurley talking about it suggests they may be ruling it out ahead of time.

I go back to when they first found the skeletons and Jack mentioned that they looked about 30 years old. (I don't remember exactly the number, but it was close enough to be in the ballpark). Point being they are not very old in the scheme of things. That's why I quickly latched onto someone who had traveled back to 1977.

+1

Jack can be a good guy and still be a huge douchebag. Which he is. Oh noes, this majorly important guy who rules this magical island actually (gasp) thinks I'm speshul! MUST SMASH PRETTY LIGHTHOUSE NOW

Sigh.

Jack has done plenty of things as evil as 'bury the hatchet in an Other'. I don't see that as an inherently evil act. Heck, I don't see the Others as inherently good guys either; they've been right pricks most of their time on the island, though I will say that they're awfully self-righteous about it. Claire's nuts, but why is this 'evil'? Heck, why is MiB considered so evil - because he wanted to kill creepy stalker Jacob and get off the island?

So far, smokey's killed the pilot (for some reason), Eko (because he wouldn't repent and who had done really bad things), various mercenaries of Widmore and Jacob. He's also helped Locke save the island from the mercs, helped Jack find the caves, possibly helped Hurley and Charlie and has actually (gasp) told people useful stuff. Jacob, meanwhile, has creepily watched people off the island and randomly appeared in their lives to fuck with them.

So which one is the 'good' one again?

all of those "good" deeds served one purpose: to do a long con to kill Jacob. He kept Locke alive long enough to then get him killed and have him shipped back to the island. Jacob's "stalking" to mee seems to have been a counter his eventual murder. He knew MiB would eventual find him loophole and murder him so he needed to find his own replacement. I really think Jacob's motives were a little purer thank just appearing to them and fucking with them. In fact, I think the flash-sideways are going to show that not going to the island is going have affected them (and perhaps the world?) negatively.

I also think something can be read in who each side is recruiting.

MiB: Sawyer, Crazy Claire

Jacob: Jack, Hurley

all of those "good" deeds served one purpose: to do a long con to kill Jacob. He kept Locke alive long enough to then get him killed and have him shipped back to the island. Jacob's "stalking" to mee seems to have been a counter his eventual murder. He knew MiB would eventual find him loophole and murder him so he needed to find his own replacement. I really think Jacob's motives were a little purer thank just appearing to them and fucking with them. In fact, I think the flash-sideways are going to show that not going to the island is going have affected them (and perhaps the world?) negatively.
So far the flashsideways has shown that Locke ends up with the woman of his dreams (oh yeah, and isn't murdered), Jack has a son and is able to show him the love that he was never able to receive, Kate escapes successfully, Claire has her baby, Ben is a school teacher and not a sociopath (or....IS HE?), Samuraiman has a child prodigy, Ethan isn't dead and is a doctor, the pilot doesn't die...

Actually - in the sideways, is there anyone that has a worse time of it? Maybe Jin.

I realize that we don't know a lot about what Jacob's doing and why, and it's quite possible he's the 'good' guy - but other than him being the white stone and talking very gently, he's apparently forced some pretty shitty things. Ben killed every Dharma man alive including his dad to get into Jacob's club (and apparently at Jacob's behest). Ben wasn't smokey's creature, after all - he was Jacob's first and foremost, and he didn't kill Locke on Smokey's behalf.

Just examining the text...it doesn't seem like smokey's super evil, just that he has a bad rap and has menacing music wherever he goes. Similarly, it doesn't seem like Jacob's that great; he just dresses well and has the tinkly piano of harmlessness by his side.

Actually - in the sideways, is there anyone that has a worse time of it? Maybe Jin.

I realize that we don't know a lot about what Jacob's doing and why, and it's quite possible he's the 'good' guy - but other than him being the white stone and talking very gently, he's apparently forced some pretty shitty things.

Word.

Archived