Justified

Patrick Mallister

though it still seems very problem of the week.

My problem this week was the ridiculous convenience of Raylan just happening by the very gas station in which the two escapees are hiding, at the exact moment they flip the lights on. Seriously? That kind of laziness ruins entire series for me.

Also, I liked the smooth, capable, older con in the gas station way more than the broken, naive, sap he becomes latter on.

Well played one liners can sometimes overcome mediocre storylines or improbable situations. (another one, Mance, was letting the chick stay in the motel room with him and declaring 'we can't sleep together.' Isn't the appearance of impropriety often as bad as the impropriety itself, and in their case, yes it would be.)

Because of the dialogue (and homestate attraction and Walton Goggins), I am sticking it out a few more shows, at least, hoping it finds itself pretty soon.

There's a fine line between playing it cool and acting like your character thinks he is in a TV show (if that makes any sense).

You are almost cheering for stuff to go bad to wipe that shitfaced grin from Olyphant's face.

Saw the first episode. Kind of what I expected. I did think it was a bit choppy for a premiere. I know they want to get right into the action but it seemed to jump around a bit. Is little miss court reporter a reoccurring character? Debating if I want to take this relationship further.

my thoughts: first episode was ok, second as pretty terrible. Hope the plot gets smarter and the stand alone stuff goes away. I'll give it a few more eps, for reasons bogof stated, sans attraction to Kentucky (that's you in your av, right?)

This episode was downright awful. I'm ready to stop watching except I can't wrap my head around why Timothy Olyphant decided to do this role. There must be something in the script, he was doing major films before this. Also, this doesn't strike me as a typical FX style show. Is there a season long story arc here (aside from the Goggins stuff)? The only backstory here is Rayland's dad being a career criminal which they haven't expanded upon yet. The love interest stuff is not so compelling. Very thin overall.

I probably need to be more patient, but I'm not exactly clearing my Tuesday nights for this show.

I NEED A STORYLINE! It is getting frustrating not really having one. I was spoiled by The Shield where the continuing stories were the main attraction and the incident-of-the-week was....incidental.

The only 'story' we have is the romance developing b/w Raylon and Ava and I'm not even buying that. His attraction to her is totally unconvincing (almost as much as her acting is unconvincing.) I can't count the build up to his father appearing a storyline either, since so far it seems pretty lame and unoriginal.

The episodes are predictible and the dialogue is quickly getting tiresome and cliche. I think I'm giving it one more week and probably calling it quits.

(Relic, yes the av is old school bogof. I need to update again since UK is out of the tourney.)

Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't like it. Justified has been getting excellent reviews and being recommended to fans of The Shield and Sons of Anarchy. I love both shows, but didn't find anything to like about Justified.

Hmmm. Watched the first two episodes and it seemed enjoyable enough. I think if you go in expecting Deadwood, even though they seem to be channeling it, you'll be disappointed. Almost feels like more of a Burn Notice, without as much camp or Bruce Campbell, but better production. And hey, you know somebody is gonna get shot every episode. Don't know if it'll be enough to hold my interest though.

Okay, seriously, how many times can a guy just gun people down with minimal cause before he gets kicked out of the Marshals? Because it really seems like Seth Bullock is pushing the fucking line.

Okay, seriously, how many times can a guy just gun people down with minimal cause before he gets kicked out of the Marshals? Because it really seems like Seth Bullock is pushing the fucking line.

All of his shootings are "Justified," so it's evidently okay. I find this show works better if you just don't question it's logic.

Justified has been getting excellent reviews and being recommended to fans of The Shield and Sons of Anarchy.

:shocked: That's a weird recommendation.

The show is enjoyable, but it's on the wrong network, which is distorting expectations.

This is a USA show. Or at least so far, it seems like one.

Archived