How I Met Your Mother 2

Jaxom 1974

Yeah, a great one. From now on everytime I hear of Willem Dafoe the mental image that'll come to my mind is a frog talking to a parrot...

The finale for this season, in a couple of weeks, is titles "dopplegangers". So it will include Barney's doppleganger and Marshall and Lily going for the kid!

Excellent excellent episode.

The Wedding Bride managed to both be a formuleic chic flik and a great parody of Ted. I was :lmao: all the way through this episode.

P.S

Great running gag with the salute whenever someone mentions military rank in the bar.

This was possibly the best episode of the season. Top three for sure. Barney in the theatre when Ted's pouring out his heart. Return of various gags that show continuity. Great turn by the guest stars in the "movie".

HOWEVER...at the end, when "everyone has baggage" bit was done...why did the person centered dead on in the shot have to have the baggage, "Cubs Fan"? Mrs. Jax almost hit the floor laughing. Why would they make fun of me???

This was possibly the best episode of the season. Top three for sure. Barney in the theatre when Ted's pouring out his heart. Return of various gags that show continuity. Great turn by the guest stars in the "movie".

HOWEVER...at the end, when "everyone has baggage" bit was done...why did the person centered dead on in the shot have to have the baggage, "Cubs Fan"? Mrs. Jax almost hit the floor laughing. Why would they make fun of me???

I thought of you too, Jax. :P

I liked the two women in a row that had "Slept with Barney."

The return of the red boots, the "kiss him!" (Uncle Barney didn't say kiss, kids), just the whole entire episode was fantastic. I wanna watch it again.

Not a bad episode, but it was not a very good season finale (I felt exactly the same way about The Office's finale as well). Ted's talk with Robin at the end was very sweet, and blonde "Ellen Degeneres" Ted was pretty funny.

Thank god they didn't have Ted and Robin hook up. I would have quit the show. I was actually yelling at the screen "NO! NO!"

Not a bad episode. I liked the bit with the Estonian sword swallower. Barney just fainting was perfect. Not a great season finale, but a solid episode and I'll keep watching next season.

I agree with you all. A fairly good episode, but not strong enough for a season finale.

In the previous ones we had (1) Ted and Robin hooking up + Lily leaving Marshall, (2) Ted and Robin breaking uo + Lily marrying Marshall, (3) Ted proposing to Stella, (4) Barney and Robin hooking up + discovering Ted's future wive was in the class... I missed something more groundbreaking in this finale, or some further revelation about the mother.

Agreed. Solid B on the grade. Ted essentially recapping how and where the characters have gone over the last five years seemed well placed in it's besic infodump for folk who've not seen things from the beginning. Cabbie Barney was pretty good too.

While there was nothing specific about the mother this time about in the finale, the big thing seems to have been Lily and Marshall deciding to try for a baby...

Nothing like a group of friends hanging out in a bar with their pregnant friend/new baby. Yup, no where to go but up with that storyline. :leaving:

Good point...

I did enjoy the episode, though, reasonably. A lot of my personal liking for the humour of the show (and BBT) lies with when I watch it. This happened to be in the 'between' time of the day, so I didn't laugh too much.

Could also be the episode just wasn't that funny.

Or setup for several series finale plotline tie-ups next season?

I've been saying for most of this thread that the series feels like it should be winding down. The premise of meeting the mother can only be dragged on for so long, I feel. Others disagree.

Lily getting pregnant/having the baby would be a nice way to ride off into the sunset. I think it would be hard to add that to the show and keep it funny. Sitcoms about young adults are rarely improved by the addition of infants (see Office, The).

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm currently in the middle of a re-watch of Season 5 and one point that was left on the table and not re-addressed yet is the Alan Thicke/Robin Sparkles variety hour that I'm really hoping doesn't get forgetten next season...

So I'm currently in the middle of a re-watch of Season 5 and one point that was left on the table and not re-addressed yet is the Alan Thicke/Robin Sparkles variety hour that I'm really hoping doesn't get forgetten next season...

Why on earth would you punish yourself with a re-watch of that season? There were, what, five good episodes? I can think of a couple off the top of my head, but not nearly enough that would get me to buy the season.

Why on earth would you punish yourself with a re-watch of that season? There were, what, five good episodes? I can think of a couple off the top of my head, but not nearly enough that would get me to buy the season.

The fifth season? The one we just finished? It's on my DVR. And it was all kinds of awesome this season. Every show has a down episode here or there. Looking back, the first few episodes dealing with Barney and Robin was better than I thought originally, and I hadn't thought it was that bad to begin with. There is a lot of solid stuff last season.

The fifth season? The one we just finished? It's on my DVR. And it was all kinds of awesome this season. Every show has a down episode here or there. Looking back, the first few episodes dealing with Barney and Robin was better than I thought originally, and I hadn't thought it was that bad to begin with. There is a lot of solid stuff last season.

I guess I am looking back with crappy-colored glasses. I remember thinking at times "This is the WORST episode this show has ever had," only to be proven wrong a couple weeks later.

Maybe it was just the second half that was so bad?

Archived