BWB Jersey NYC Philla

It seems like there are a ton of boarders living in New Jersey, and NYC, and doing their best to keep living in Philadelphia. Are there ever and BWB meetups up here?

If not, we can't let the DC boarders keep showing us up, and if so, someone should let me know about one one of these days, because I'd love to meet up with some fellow boarders for drinks or something.

I scanned the first page and a half of this section for a Philla NYC Jersey thread, but couldn't find one, so sorry if there is one already, and if not, this is it!

I'm in Qatar 'till early May, but I figured I'd get the conversation started early.

:cheers:

Out here in Philly we usually just run into each other on the street and compare mugging wounds.

That said, I'm most likely leaving the east coast this summer, so I'd be up for getting together May-ish.

I'd also be up for Quizzo at Local 44 some Sunday if anyone's interested, assuming they still do it.

Turinqui,

Yes, I'd definitely like to set up a NY meetup when I get back into town. I'm just a short train ride away, so any excuse to get up to the city is a welcome one. Do you have any suggestions on a good place to do it?

Bellis,

Hah, my only shady experience in Philly was at Kensington and A, but it was terrifying enough to scar me some. A mayish get-together would be awesome, and if it involves something called quizzo, all the better. I tried to check whether or not they still do it, but Local 44's website is blocked at work. Hopefully I'll remember to check again when I get back to my dorm.

Best places are usually pubs/bars with some food and a large space for hanging out. The Village is a good overall meeting area because it's fairly easy to get there for just about everyone (and we have a lot of peeps in NJ and in the outer boroughs). Once you start getting into the 40s or higher (or down into LES), the transportation situation gets to be a giant PITA. And Times Square sucks donkey balls.

You know, the Ginger Man wasn't actually a bad place to meet -- that back room is nice and big and there's something on the bar menu for just about anyone (wine, beer, mead, non-alcoholic) and it's centrally located to just about every major transpo hub (Penn Station, PATH, subway). And the music isn't so fucking loud that you have to shout to be heard.

Alright, the Ginger Man sounds like the place, as long as no one has any objections.

I'm trying to imagine why I would ever object to Ginger Man, and failing. I suppose if I was dead set against leaving Brooklyn, it would be a problem, but not otherwise.

According to BeerAdvocate, the Ginger Man is the Best Place that they have ever visited. That's enough of a recommendation to pique my interest in this whole affair. Train prices are also dirt cheap these days, so I will try and keep this idea on my radar. Sometime in May also makes it far more doable for myself.

Archived