BWB Jersey NYC Philla

Or, when it's 8:20 PM, and the next bus to NYC leaves at 9:00 PM.

;)

Note to LoON: LOOK IN THE BACK OF THE BAR!!!!

Oh Crap. May 22nd eh? I'm afraid I won't be able to make it :(

Well that's a bummer. :frown5:

Guest Raidne

For DC events, I send loads of PMs, texts & stalk chat to cajole people starting about two weeks out, because I'm a little bit crazy like that. :) by the way, is Relic still in NYC? I hate missing the chance to meet longtime nemises. TC, I'm terribly bummed that I won't be meeting you, but I'm sure we'll be up again.

If I make it up there I think I'll just call out "HODOR" and follow the answering "HODOR"s until I find everybody. Assuming that doesn't get me thrown out into the street immediately.

Plan B is to yell out "Valar Morghulis" and see if I can get a "Valar Dohaeris" back.

Again, I'll probably get my happy butt tossed out into the street.

This sounds like fun. How do you guys usually identify eachother lol? Just ask around the bar until you find someone that understands what you mean when you ask if winter is coming? haha

Walking up to a group of people you think might be fans of ASOIAF and asking if they are with the BwB or from the Westeros forums usually works pretty well.

You could always take a look in the gallery linked from this thread to see if anyone who says they are attending has a picture in there.

Or look for people with Blame Pod shirts. Seems to be at least one person wearing one of those at most meetups. Last time we met at Gingerman, I'm pretty sure it was Pod wearing that shirt.

If I make it up there I think I'll just call out "HODOR" and follow the answering "HODOR"s until I find everybody. Assuming that doesn't get me thrown out into the street immediately.

Plan B is to yell out "Valar Morghulis" and see if I can get a "Valar Dohaeris" back.

Again, I'll probably get my happy butt tossed out into the street.

\

HAHA

Love it.

What is "blame pod" ? lol. How did I miss this fad?

This sounds like fun. How do you guys usually identify eachother lol? Just ask around the bar until you find someone that understands what you mean when you ask if winter is coming? haha

The easiest way will be to listen for the dude singing tunelessly about a bear licking honey from some broads hair.

Guest Raidne

Just walk up to the bar and ask them to point you in the direction of the nerds. Works every time.

Or you can make like Arlington Bill and FezRock and blow a good 20 minutes sitting at the bar next to each other not realizing that you're both there for the same gig until everyone shows up and laughs at you. :)

Or, as perhaps a less embarrassing alternative, you can PM me for my cell # and call me when you get to GingerMan. I might even hear it ring and answer. ;)

Archived