Game 71.5

DJDonegal

?

Really? I don't get this point at all (I sort of see what you mean, but it's not something I've ever considered an evil tell).

I don't like Piper's post either, as I've already said, but I don't see how the reasons you gave for disliking Ser Spider's post apply to this one (though they would if you had quoted his second post where he votes for Piper, which you didn't). Care to clarify?

The line "Beware, ruthless killers, I'm back".

The reasoning is essentially that you're more likely to talk about something that you know. And the killers know themselves, plus are looking for a way to blend in. And how better to blend in to a group of people trying to lynch killers than to make a point of your opposition to them?

I dunno, your post didn't seem overly jokey to me. You 'cleared' Mina and didn't mention Kat. It seems to me that post could have easily been an early bandwagon.

I forgot about Kat :blushing: Too much of my cat on my mind. Anyway, it was all just play still.

Lany's posts are only fillers. That worries me. Like if she doesn't want to participate in any serious discussion. Mysterious. :unsure:

I promised to spam the thread in my next game after being lynch day 1 last time I played. I was lynched for being too serious. (ok, that is an over simplication, but the basics of it)

Right now, I am most suspicious of Ser Spidey. (call me kettle) I just don't see why his vote is serious.

The line "Beware, ruthless killers, I'm back".

Oh, I see now.

The reasoning is essentially that you're more likely to talk about something that you know. And the killers know themselves, plus are looking for a way to blend in. And how better to blend in to a group of people trying to lynch killers than to make a point of your opposition to them?

Hmmm. This sounds to me slightly like a tell we had back in the days, where people who said they were innocent were likely to be guilty. The logic was very similar, as a killer was more likely to proclaim an innocence which he needed to convince the town of than an actual innocence, who would be much more non-challant about it.

Anyway, we don't really use it anymore. Tells stop being so when the FM know about them, and it wasn't really that reliable to begin with. I can't say I agree with your logic, but I do see where you're coming from now.

You may carry on :P

I don't like Piper's post either, as I've already said, but I don't see how the reasons you gave for disliking Ser Spider's post apply to this one (though they would if you had quoted his second post where he votes for Piper, which you didn't). Care to clarify?

Does that mean that you like all the other posts or do you only like this post less than the others?

Any time someone addresses the scum like this early on it sets alarm bells ringing in my head - at this point, inno players have no handle whatsoever on the nature of the killers, and in my experience that makes them unlikely to address them like this. Scum, on the other hand, are trying to blend in, and this is an obvious way of doing it.

Only if the killers were inexperienced. Neither Spidey or me are new to this game. It's also very easy to blend into the innocent crowd at the beginning of the game, especially when it's unalted and we're talking nonsense all of the time.

I promised to spam the thread in my next game after being lynch day 1 last time I played. I was lynched for being too serious. (ok, that is an over simplication, but the basics of it)

Yeah, but I was only joking around. We could make some bizarre "serious" roleplay though! :leer: :whip:

Does that mean that you like all the other posts or do you only like this post less than the others?

Do you mean from you or in general? If the first, then it's the second, if the second then the first is a strawman and the second is not comprehensive enough (meaning my dislike is more like a broad brush than a laser pointer, and that I'm not singling out your post above all, but above a norm that I'm not necessarily claiming ALL other posts conform to, but most do).

Right now, I am most suspicious of Ser Spidey. (call me kettle) I just don't see why his vote is serious.

And Mina warned me not to post while drunk... :P

Anyway, the point of the post was that, at that point, Piper was the most suspicious person to me. Why? Because, in my experience, more often than not, FM will vote their partners in RP stage. So, I went back and checked the existing votes. The only ones that seemed random to me (not explainable by eg. being on the thread at the same time) were Piper's vote on Kat and Gert's vote on Piper. So, the best course of action at that point was to try to lynch Piper, and based on his CF result (which I later realised we don't have) possibly lynch Kat and Gert. I knew this was probaly not going to happen, as new evidence appears through the day, but there was the added bonus of starting serious discussion.

Do you mean from you or in general? If the first, then it's the second, if the second then the first is a strawman and the second is not comprehensive enough (meaning my dislike is more like a broad brush than a laser pointer, and that I'm not singling out your post above all, but above a norm that I'm not necessarily claiming ALL other posts conform to, but most do).

Let's see if I got this right? First second second first, broad brush but no laser pointer, using an unknown norm that my post doesn't fit to. Care to elaborate what exactly you dislike about my post? Is it just that you think my case is crap?

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Chairman Meow (Kat, TheMalcolm)

2 votes for Piper of Chaos (Ser Spidey, Mentat)

1 vote for Gertrude (Mina Martell)

1 vote for Kat (Chairman Meow)

1 vote for Mentat (Lany Cassandra)

1 vote for Mina Martell (Gertrude)

1 vote for Ser Spidey (Sir Thursday)

1 vote for TheMalcolm (Piper of Chaos)

2 players have not voted: LCOTNW, Pebble That Hides.

Evil players tend to delay their votes btw.

* looks at Pebbles and LCOTNW *

And Mina warned me not to post while drunk... :P

Anyway, the point of the post was that, at that point, Piper was the most suspicious person to me. Why? Because, in my experience, more often than not, FM will vote their partners in RP stage. So, I went back and checked the existing votes. The only ones that seemed random to me (not explainable by eg. being on the thread at the same time) were Piper's vote on Kat and Gert's vote on Piper. So, the best course of action at that point was to try to lynch Piper, and based on his CF result (which I later realised we don't have) possibly lynch Kat and Gert. I knew this was probaly not going to happen, as new evidence appears through the day, but there was the added bonus of starting serious discussion.

IIRC you modded the last game where I was evil and deliberatly did not vote my partners. Amnesia or something else?

Vote Ser Spidey

For now, since there isn't any compelling evidence against anyone other, my vote stays on Piper.

In the meantime, let's talk balance. Now, since the balance seems to be weird (either with 2 or 3 FM), can anyone remember the kind of the balance in the games while DJD actively played?

IIRC you modded the last game where I was evil and deliberatly did not vote my partners. Amnesia or something else?

Vote Ser Spidey

You didn't vote them, but they voted each other in RP phase.

Plus, your deal was not to attack each other later on, and voting in the RP phase is incredibly safe.

Mod clarification, I voted Gert post 54

I do not agree with Sir Thursday's "killers talk to themsevles on thread evil Tell" however since he comes from a different site then it may be a vilid evil-tell there. I do not find it suspisious.

Like Piper I am confused by Mentats

post. I feel that we where supposed to be confused. Why would someone deliberatly try to confuse us when asked to clarify a post?

Spider thak-you for clairifly you where being serrious.

[threadjack] Mentat asked to be let in on the Mina eggs joke. Durring worldcon, Mina attempted to "fry" some eggs for our breakie. she had warned me that she wasn't very good. (I thought the jokes might get a bit broken up and be all hard at worst) Somehow Mina made those eggs inedible. - personally I suspect the eggs may have been slightly off - although they didn't smell bad when cracked.

Well.

I wasn't agreeing with case on Speedy earlier since I never could admit his vote was serious... but now, after he confirmed it to be serious, I am starting wondering.

Moreover, I dislike the fact that his reaction on being pressured was discussing the balance. It's textbook FM "contribution".

It might look like I did same thing in the last game, being innocent, but actually it isn't. I replied previous balance talk, meanwhile Speedy just b;atantly changed the topic.

I have no problems with Piper... perhaps because I rarely suspect players who accuse me.

Mentat slightly troubles me... in a bunch of last games he behaved strongly wishy-washy on day 1, as either guilty or innocent. Now he is playing pretty aggressive game. I am not sure what this change of style means, but it worth noting.

For now, I prefer to vote Ser Speedy.

And I don't like how your first instinct was to ignore the question and brush it off with a joke. Saying, 'Well, the general consensus is that gender slips are rubbish, so don't take this one seriously'' isn't good enough. Can you link to an example of one forum post in which you've used ''she'' to refer to someone of indeterminate gender?

My first instinct was that you weren't serious, so replied with a joke vote on you for being a zombie. When you asked again, I answered it seriously. I said the 'rubbish' thing when it looked like Lany was half considering voting for me for the slip too. And you're right, I am always pretty careful to use he when talking about other players. This time I didn't.

I hope there aren't 3 FM. In a 12-player game, that's brutal.

I'd consider 2 FM in a 12 person game to be a bit brutal on the FM. Plus, if you hit one early, or hit them without a finder result, you're basically playing blind the rest of the game (more blind than usual).

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Chairman Meow, Gertrude, Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spidey, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

4 votes for Ser Spidey (Sir Thursday, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos, TheMalcolm)

2 votes for Gertrude (Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides)

2 votes for Piper of Chaos (Ser Spidey, Mentat)

1 vote for Chairman Meow (Kat)

1 vote for Kat (Chairman Meow)

1 vote for Mina Martell (Gertrude)

1 players have not voted: LCOTNW.

I hope the vote count is right now. :unsure:

Let's see if I got this right? First second second first, broad brush but no laser pointer, using an unknown norm that my post doesn't fit to. Care to elaborate what exactly you dislike about my post? Is it just that you think my case is crap?

Pretty much. Bad cases are day one's calling card, but your case on Malc was just silly. Seemed like just looking for something to throw around (which isn't that much of a tell on day one, but is definitely a game more than one can play). Was it not serious?

Like Piper I am confused by Mentats post. I feel that we where supposed to be confused. Why would someone deliberatly try to confuse us when asked to clarify a post?

Other than for my own amusement?

[threadjack] Mentat asked to be let in on the Mina eggs joke. Durring worldcon, Mina attempted to "fry" some eggs for our breakie. she had warned me that she wasn't very good. (I thought the jokes might get a bit broken up and be all hard at worst) Somehow Mina made those eggs inedible. - personally I suspect the eggs may have been slightly off - although they didn't smell bad when cracked.

:lol:

Well.

I wasn't agreeing with case on Speedy earlier since I never could admit his vote was serious... but now, after he confirmed it to be serious, I am starting wondering.

Moreover, I dislike the fact that his reaction on being pressured was discussing the balance. It's textbook FM "contribution".

It might look like I did same thing in the last game, being innocent, but actually it isn't. I replied previous balance talk, meanwhile Speedy just b;atantly changed the topic.

Speedy his lynch may end up being... It's a fair point, though. I also agree with the people that think that his case looked much better when we only had to take it at drunken post value.

Mentat slightly troubles me... in a bunch of last games he behaved strongly wishy-washy on day 1, as either guilty or innocent. Now he is playing pretty aggressive game. I am not sure what this change of style means, but it worth noting.

Well, you know how it is with wishy-washy-ness: some games it's one way and other games it's another :P

[sounding of trumpets]

*Returns*

:wacko:

Evil players tend to delay their votes btw.

* looks at Pebbles and LCOTNW *

*smiles innocently at Piper*

*delays vote further*

It appears that I suck at altless RP.

As far as the serious stuff that has gone on so far, I am curious about Sir Thursday's observation about the potential scumtell. He has noted similar things in past spoiler threads, such as when I was evil I did not cheer the lynching of a fellow evil. Of course in spoilers it is easier to spot scumtells, but the psychology of it is still interesting.

To Mina:

Oh, really? Not going to turn out well because I'll turn Piper to mincemeat with my sharply honed rhetorical skills? Or because this will culminate in another one of my so-called monster, wishy-washy posts?

Choose your words very, very carefully.

Absolutely!

Now, on to more serious matters.

:leaving:

Archived