Game 71.5

DJDonegal

In all honesty... dunno.

Now, it's usual wishy-washy Mentat again!

Lynching a strong player on day one with very little evidence is not something I feel too comfortable doing... <...> I think I'd rather go with my first instinct for today. I'm voting LCOTNW

Perhaps, it's personal, but I've won two very difficult games in pair with LCOTNW when evil. I think he is very strong player, so your post looks somewhat self-contradicting.

Perhaps, it's personal, but I've won two very difficult games in pair with LCOTNW when evil. I think he is very strong player, so your post looks somewhat self-contradicting.

All the more reason to lynch him, then! :P

In all honesty, it's lack of participation, not lack of skill. I'd just as soon lynch Kat.

I don't have much time right now, I'm gonna get called for dinner any min, but I will be back before lynch.

I'll try to give you as many as my thoughts as I can before then.

Mentat, I don't know what answer I was expecting Re: deliberatly giving confusing answeres to Pipers question - but for my own ammusment is possibly the only answer you could have given. I don't like it, but it is day one and we were'nt exactly in the serrious stage. My problem was it apperared you where buying time before you had to answer that serriously. Its a minor point aganst you.

Gert - my vote on her was a joke. but she has done a few things that just don't feel right. Lany's case was clearly a joke and somehow Gerts reaction to it latter seams falsed. - I don't remember her having a problem at the time. Not sure my vote is gonna stay here, I need to think about other people more.

Spider - I need to re-read carefully. I don't particually like his serrious drunk case, but thats mainly cos I don't agree to it. However on a politness note there is a difference in saying to Sir Thursday "I don't agree with you, here its a null tell" and "Stop using scumtells that come from your site or we just won't listen to you" - But thats got nothing to do with guitly or inoscense. I don't like the way Spider has jumped on Gert once his mob seems to be building. Gerts was the second biggest (with only 2 joke votes admititly)

I'll re-visit spider and other players after dinner

Two easy targets? Vote leader and low poster?

I'm voting for both for specific reasons. Spidey is a touch OMGUS and LC is because he was around but didn't engage. There are other low posters to pick on, and Mentat admits he is going that route and has no problem voting LC or Kat because of it.

I was hoping LC would come back rather soonish to help solidify my feelings one way or the other. Maybe a vote for LCOTNW will do it.

Ok, it's 2AM again. I'll be online for 30-40 minutes at most, before falling hopelessly asleep. I have a strong desire to switch to Gert, but I remember a lot of games where we failed to lynch, so I have to be careful. People, vote fast, vote well.

!!!

Well, well, well.

Malcolm, here was the vote count when you made this post:

4 votes for Ser Spidey (Sir Thursday, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos, TheMalcolm)

3 votes for Gertrude (Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Ser Spidey)

1 vote for Chairman Meow (Kat)

1 vote for Kat (Chairman Meow)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Mentat)

So there are four votes on Spidey, one on Gertrude. But one of the votes on Spidey is yours.

If you moved your vote from Ser Spidey to Gertrude, then the vote count would be 4-3 for Gert.

Why are you afraid that we'd miss the lynch if you changed your vote?

If you suspect Gert more than Ser Spidey, why don't you just vote for her?

Why Pebbles? And what do you think about Gert?

Because she's a low poster.

I have no problems with Gert right now. Or with mentat.

And I still want to lynch Spidey.

Oh, and I forgot to put Lany on my lynchlist. I almost forgot that Mina is playing. Hopefully she's going to give us the promised input

Now, it's usual wishy-washy Mentat again!

Since when has mentat been known as wishy-washy? He's far more determined in his cases than the average mafia player on this board.

Are you serious? :worried:

What Thursday is talking about is not actually a mistake - it's talking to the FM durnig the RP phase. You're seriously suggesting you believe that, in any circumstances, this can be indication of guilt?

Now that's twisting what I'm saying here. In any circumstances? I think not. Rather that on balance I feel it's more likely to be something that scum do than your average piece of behaviour.

I am innocent.

+ I just did this.

= It's a null tell.

;)

Come now, that's just rubbish. (a) My point is not simply that you and Spidey declared yourselves innocent, but rather that you spoke to the scum, implying that you know more of their nature than the average player, and (B) the fact that innocents can do that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that scum do it more.

Anyway, enough of that argument, I need to look over the rest of what's been said.

However on a politness note there is a difference in saying to Sir Thursday "I don't agree with you, here its a null tell" and "Stop using scumtells that come from your site or we just won't listen to you" - But thats got nothing to do with guitly or inoscense.

Perhaps I could have been more polite, but it's all about making a point, I guess. With mentat and Gert being polite and all, I was trying to get through. The thing is, I really see it as a bad argument that should never be used in a game of Mafia, and I'm quite sure that most players would agree, if the politeness allowed them. Sure, an FM may talk to the FM during the RP phase. But so could an innocent, and saying that doing so is an indicator of guilt is the same as saying someone is likely guilty for having a green avatar. I'm just trying to...help? No offense to Sir Thursday.

Now that's twisting what I'm saying here. In any circumstances? I think not. Rather that on balance I feel it's more likely to be something that scum do than your average piece of behaviour.

Perhaps my wording wasn't clear. What I was implying was: there are no circumstances in which a player should be considered more likely guilty because of it.

Come now, that's just rubbish. (a) My point is not simply that you and Spidey declared yourselves innocent, but rather that you spoke to the scum, implying that you know more of their nature than the average player, and (B) the fact that innocents can do that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that scum do it more.

They don't. That's the whole point.

So there are four votes on Spidey, one on Gertrude. But one of the votes on Spidey is yours.

If you moved your vote from Ser Spidey to Gertrude, then the vote count would be 4-3 for Gert.

I wasn't following the vote count. It's somewhat difficult in the middle of a night.

Ok, Gertrude. And now I am actually leaving. Good night.

So, I see LC is being chosen as a possible compromise lynch. However, his lynch wouldn't get my support. The case on him is basically that he has appeared, but chose not to suspect anyone. To me, this is more likely an indication of innocence. LC is a good player, and if evil, he'd be sure to actually post some opinions.

This also makes Gert, who is pushing him, look even worse. Her play so far seems quite opportunistic, with some weird arguments, and I'm fully behind her lynch. She's currently the most suspicious player around.

Perhaps my wording wasn't clear. What I was implying was: there are no circumstances in which a player should be considered more likely guilty because of it.

They don't. That's the whole point.

I wouldn't be pushing this if I hadn't seen a couple of examples of it in the few games I've watched here to give me the sense that it has some validity. You're more than welcome to disagree on that point, especially since I'm voting you for it, and to be honest I'm really not up to the task of trawling back through and trying to remember where I saw these things.

The "We're too good at this game to consider that sort of thing." you were peddling earlier is garbage though. All the rational thinking and experience in the world is not going to prevent you from putting down the occasional silly tease as scum, and just tossing out all such remarks because an inno could have said them is frankly quite wasteful. When is the only time a scum player can't think like an inno? When he or she is trying to think about himself. And given that, it makes sense to subject comments about scum with some scrutiny. There will very often be some kind of slip there, if you can find it. So that's what I'm looking for.

So, I see LC is being chosen as a possible compromise lynch. However, his lynch wouldn't get my support. The case on him is basically that he has appeared, but chose not to suspect anyone. To me, this is more likely an indication of innocence. LC is a good player, and if evil, he'd be sure to actually post some opinions.

This also makes Gert, who is pushing him, look even worse. Her play so far seems quite opportunistic, with some weird arguments, and I'm fully behind her lynch. She's currently the most suspicious player around.

If Gert was evil she should try to get you lynched. My impression is that it's rather you who has been eagerly supporting suspicions that might lead to an alternative lynch.

Ugh. Lots of small things people are sticking out to me as I read the thread, but it'll take me ages to catch up with all of it. I have to write a monster catch-up post now in order to get my thoughts in order. It's like...can't you all be mindreaders and know everything I'm thinking, so I don't have to write it all out? And when I'm not around during the action, it's hard to wrap my head around who is being opportunistic with their votes when you weren't around an I hate playing catch-up like this. I'll just do it a few pieces at a time.

I hate that so much of why I suspect Gert is gut, when I have one of the worst guts in the game. But I really don't feel as though her scumhunting efforts are genuine. It's the timing of her Lany vote and unvote. It's the way all her suspects have been easy targets, how she's voting for the players who are most likely to be lynched. It all seems disingenuous. Like...would innocent Gert admit to voting for Spidey partly based on OMGUS, and be so casual about it? Just compare it to her pages-long battle with Will in the Christmas game. I don't see any genuine anger, frustration, or emotion there. And the way she's justifying voting for LCOTNW with, "Well, mentat went that route, and no one had a problem with it."

Will be back in about 2 hours. My vote stays on Spidey, as there's no other convincing case out there. Willing to switch to Pebbles, LCOTNW and Kat. Of course we risk to loose/uncover our finder. I'm not sure if there is a healer or a vig who might bring us to odd, so a missed lynch might not hurt us as much as it usually does. But it still would hurt us IMO. :unsure:

You know, this wishy-washy stance is a pretty big turnaround from the last finder game, when you deliberately pushed a lynch on an unlikely finder candidate because you wanted to protect the finders.

I see you just caught that you left Lany off your suspect list. But what about TheMalcolm? You suspected him for making a drunk post. But you seem to have completely forgotten about your suspicion of him.

What do you think about Pebble's most recent post? Do you still want to lynch her?

Ugh. Lots of small things people are sticking out to me as I read the thread, but it'll take me ages to catch up with all of it. I have to write a monster catch-up post now in order to get my thoughts in order. It's like...can't you all be mindreaders and know everything I'm thinking, so I don't have to write it all out? And when I'm not around during the action, it's hard to wrap my head around who is being opportunistic with their votes when you weren't around an I hate playing catch-up like this. I'll just do it a few pieces at a time.

I hate that so much of why I suspect Gert is gut, when I have one of the worst guts in the game. But I really don't feel as though her scumhunting efforts are genuine. It's the timing of her Lany vote and unvote. It's the way all her suspects have been easy targets, how she's voting for the players who are most likely to be lynched. It all seems disingenuous. Like...would innocent Gert admit to voting for Spidey partly based on OMGUS, and be so casual about it? Just compare it to her pages-long battle with Will in the Christmas game. I don't see any genuine anger, frustration, or emotion there. And the way she's justifying voting for LCOTNW with, "Well, mentat went that route, and no one had a problem with it."

You know, this wishy-washy stance is a pretty big turnaround from the last finder game, when you deliberately pushed a lynch on an unlikely finder candidate because you wanted to protect the finders.

I see you just caught that you left Lany off your suspect list. But what about TheMalcolm? You suspected him for making a drunk post. But you seem to have completely forgotten about your suspicion of him.

What do you think about Pebble's most recent post? Do you still want to lynch her?

Do you see an unlikely finder candidate? Me not.

Malcolm made a better impression after he returned. And Spidey managed to look worse.

Pebbles: why not?

What do you think about Spidey and LCOTNW?

If Gert was evil she should try to get you lynched. My impression is that it's rather you who has been eagerly supporting suspicions that might lead to an alternative lynch.

You mean Gert? Well, yeah. I suspect her. :)

She said I'm among her suspects, and I could be called an easy target due to the number of votes on me. Her other suspect is also an easy target who I don't happen to suspect. And by compromise lynch, I meant a lynch who is not Gert or me.

Archived