Game 71.5

DJDonegal

Ah yes, good point, I'd forgotten about LC's voting patterns on Day 3. That rules out an LC-Mina partnership.

I've just written out a post that I was going to finish off with a vote for Mentat and a request that the rest of you sort things out while I sleep through the remaining hours of the day, but your evidence sounds good to me.

I think I'll add that case against Mentat anyway, just to get as much stuff out in the open as possible, but that does make me think that LCOTNW is more likely. Here's what I had written:

So I figured I'd take another look at Ment's play on Day 5. He comes into the day all ready to lynch Mina, but is weak enough in his conviction that he can be convinced otherwise. What makes him change his mind? This:

That second paragraph doesn't read right. No-one up to that point had mentioned the possibility that Malc had been left alive to create a distraction, who is he agreeing with? And what are the killers distracting from? Going into Day 5, it was quite clear that the day was going to focus around Mina, so what is the need for distraction? More and more, this feels like opportunism to me - he sees the way the wind is blowing, and quickly jumps on the breeze in the opposite direction (which is to say, Mina is innocent).

In general, I don't really remember Mentat ever pushing any cases. He has opinions on other people's cases, but I haven't seen him really come up with something himself. He has just drifted through the game without suspicion or ever needing to actually come out and be proactive. The latter of those is something I strongly associate with scum.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! SUCKER! YOU'VE FALLEN FOR MY PLAN! Kat, can you believe it? We won! Who'd have thought those suckers would have fallen for a fake healer reveal at L-1 ten minutes before the deadline?

:angel:

:devil:

Just kidding.

I dunno...should I bother writing my response to LCOTNW anymore? I mean, I'm screwed for my midterm on Wednesday.

But basically, I was going to point out that his "killers are never timid enough to suggest going to night" (even though that's a classic scumtell for amateur FM) line was a steaming pile of bullshit...since all he did was "helpfully" ask if it was a good idea, and later turned around and voted Spidey--a viable lynch--the moment mentat said, "Actually, going to night wouldn't be such a bad idea." Clearly, he wasn't serious about the plan. (ETA: I just realized that he later said, "I wouldn't mind going to night, either" after placing his vote...but he still left the thread afterward without moving his vote. So clearly not backing down from a "viable innocent lynch.")

Also, "golly gee, I'm helpful, because I suggested a plan that wasn't a terrible idea, even though it wouldn't put me or my partner in any more danger" doesn't fly. On the contrary, FM are more likely to look "helpful" by suggesting a safe plan like that rather than aggressively attack someone.

Also also, he gets very irritable over the fact that people were clearing other lynch options "on gut," which I consider a big scumtell. And dismisses the case against him (which is very strong) as "gut."

Also also also, this post sounds like he knows damn well whether there's an FM guard, and is just fishing for information.

Also also also also, I can quote about a million posts where LCOTNW was wishy-washy. But is there really a point anymore?

I'll wait until I get home tonight to hammer, just because I'm paranoid. The only thing bugging me is that 2 FM vs. 1 finder, 1 healer, and 1 vig is crappy balance.

I'm screwed for my midterm on Wednesday.

HAHAHAHA!!! Fool! This was our real plan all along! Fail! Fail! Fail! :devil:

Er.. not really. I'm evil. End this!! (and go study) :read: :read: :read:

Also also also also, I can quote about a million posts where LCOTNW was wishy-washy. But is there really a point anymore?
I could match you point by point with posts where you insist that TheMalcolm is guilty. :P How about we call it a draw?

The only thing bugging me is that 2 FM vs. 1 finder, 1 healer, and 1 vig is crappy balance.

You said it, sister. Pebbles and I had fun messin' with you anyway.

Game 71.5: Mina is made to eat her own words repeatedly

I say we go with this one. <_<

Er.. not really. I'm evil. End this!! (and go study) :read: :read: :read:

Oh good. So I can safely lead my field trip tomorrow in the rain. :worried: Without worrying about which innocent to lynch to save my own lazy butt.

Oh. Well, that was a little anticlimactic. :P

LCOTNW

I must have provided a lot of entertainment value to you.

Good game. So LC, did you guys have a guard?

Why did you kill Malc last night, by the way?

We didn't have any evil roles. Just me and Pebs against the world!

I really didn't think there was any chance that Kat, Mentat, or Sir Thursday would vote Malc under any circumstances. If I were innocent I wouldn't have voted for Malc under any circumstances. I figured Malc was going to catch on if I kept him in another day. once everyone refused to follow the plan to lynch both counter-claiming healers, I was pretty much screwed anyway.

You know, I feel slightly less humiliated by the whole "horribly wrong all game" thing due to the fact that Malc was also horribly wrong all game. Except unfortunately, he was wrong succinctly. Whereas when I'm wrong...

By the wait, it's hilarious that even though I'd claimed a role at L-1 ten minutes before the deadline and someone else had counterclaimed me, I somehow managed to avoid a lynch purely by being so batshit insane and tunnelvisioned that no one could believe I was a killer.

ETA: Ouch, that is tough. Mind you, with the finder dying on N1, I suppose the game ended up being quasi-balanced in the end.

You know, I feel slightly less humiliated by the whole "horribly wrong all game" thing due to the fact that Malc was also horribly wrong all game. Except unfortunately, he was wrong succinctly. Whereas when I'm wrong...

By the wait, it's hilarious that even though I'd claimed a role at L-1 ten minutes before the deadline and someone else had counterclaimed me, I somehow managed to avoid a lynch purely by being so batshit insane and tunnelvisioned that no one could believe I was a killer.

You did a fantastic job saving your skin after Pebbles' counter. That probably saved the game for the innocents. Your all out attack against Malc won over Sir Thursday, so it wasn't all for naught.

Mentat, Kat, and Sir Thursday also did a great job sifting through the crap at the end.

Thanks, but I don't know if I can take credit for swaying Sir Thursday when it was pure dumb luck that I started suspecting the least lynchable player. I've got to say, the innocents all did a fantastic job at looking innocent. Mentat and Kat both came across as completely genuine and unguarded in everything they said. I couldn't suspect them no matter what they did. Sir Thursday basically saved my ass yesterday. The moment he suggested we shouldn't lynch both claimants, I knew he was innocent.

Oh, and let this be a lesson to all of you: don't any of you mofos even so much as dare claim my role again. Or suffer the consequences! :pimp:

ETA: now I'm off to bed. It looks like we'll wait hours for the spoilers.

You ended the game without me?

Such a pity...

Well, I'm glad it's over, it's a real pain playing with no CF. I kind of wonder if there really was a finder in the first place, what with the weak (as in 2 people, no roles) FM team, but regardless, I think a single finder is just too unstable, and would motion such a balance not to be used in the future.

I did have fun though, so thanks to all :)

Mentat:

There will be no CF.

The following roles WILL be used:

Killer

A killing killer who kills. Failure to understand this means you die. OK, OK. A killing killer gets to talk with other killing killers at night about who they are going to kill. When the killing killers have chosen who to kill, they then attempt to kill that person. It only takes one of them to carry out a murder - they're very adept at their job.

Finder

A finding finder who finds out the essence of your soul. He can look at someone each night and find out how pure their heart really is. He is always right. He will receive a PM informing him of the allegiance of his target at the same time as the new day begins.

That. :P

"I'm Evil, kill me, kill me!" shouted LCOTNW

"O rly!? Now instead of reading Mafia literature and writing copious amounts of essays, I can concentrate on doing the same for my midterm" sighed a relieved Mina.

"See, I'm a nice guy really, but I am kind of evil too. So who was the finder?"

"You'll find out... In Spoiler Hell!" :devil:

LCOTNW has been lynched.

It is Night. Send me your PM's!

Or just go to Spoiler Heaven, because the game is over, and the innocents have won!

Archived